Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    I'm hopefully going to Bishop Grosseteste to do a Primary Education course Oohh that sounds fun! Awh bless you! I've been alright actually so far, I've just told myself that if I don't get in then it's not the end of the world :rofl: I have no clue what I'm going to be doing first - results or track.
    I think it's best to check Track first, that way you get the initial burst of emotion out of the way away from everyone. If friends fail and I do well then I don't want to make them feel worse by seemingly bragging, and, conversely, if I don't do well then I want to be prepared for when I open my results.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for results!!!
    I'm not nervous just annoyed it's too far away.

ReputationRep:
    i can't stop doubting myself about whether or not i covered all the points in those two CCD questions in the astrophysics section of unit 5 physics....

when it asks to describe the part of the CCD where the image is formed, it means the silicon chip right? or is it talking about th electrodes connected to it, or something else completely?! or the pixels?

Cadherin DesignPredator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHammeredDog)
    I think it's best to check Track first, that way you get the initial burst of emotion out of the way away from everyone. If friends fail and I do well then I don't want to make them feel worse by seemingly bragging, and, conversely, if I don't do well then I want to be prepared for when I open my results.
    I guess that is a good idea Yeah, that's one of the many downsides to results day: You usually have the ones who do quite well when their friends do badly and vice versa. It's hard to console them - there was quite a lot of that at GCSE. I would like to mentally prepare myself.. but the only problem is that, if track updates at 8, I'm already going to be at college then as I have to go in early as my parents are at work and I don't live in the town.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe results day is in 6 days?? Like seriously, where has the time gone
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thevamps99xo)
    I can't believe results day is in 6 days?? Like seriously, where has the time gone
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I done this research placement this summer and all i could think of was results day lol not a great feeling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    Ah that's alright :rofl: :rofl: Ooohhh yay well done! Yeah my teacher was saying that she marked it and then it was marked again by someone else who is VERY experienced with marking this subject and it stayed the same! I got an A, but I was quite surprised as tbh I struggled quite a lot! :rofl:

What did you do your report on?
    I did mine on the effects of complex carbohydrates and lipid consumption on the body because I want to go into dietetics! How about you? I struggled loads too, I hated EPQ😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieAlicexxx)
    I did mine on the effects of complex carbohydrates and lipid consumption on the body because I want to go into dietetics! How about you? I struggled loads too, I hated EPQ😂😂
    Wow... that's a lot to do! Ah I chose the normal kind of topic :rofl: I ended up doing about to what extent American Serial Killers were influenced by their past experiences etc. I think all of my research was online as I couldn't find any books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    i can't stop doubting myself about whether or not i covered all the points in those two CCD questions in the astrophysics section of unit 5 physics....

when it asks to describe the part of the CCD where the image is formed, it means the silicon chip right? or is it talking about th electrodes connected to it, or something else completely?! or the pixels?

Cadherin DesignPredator
    Hey, yeah that's what I talked about! And for the second part I just talked about how photons striking the pixels cause an image to formed. Hopefully that's right...

ReputationRep:
    ANYONE WANTS TO DISCUSS F214, F215, F324, F325, PSYA3 or PSYA4????? I'M LITERALLY GOING NUTS

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing an AS in Creative Writing. It's an extra curricular thing. We got one session a week after school where we learnt bits and bobs and then we did coursework and an exam. I'm worried about results day, as I'm in Y10, going into Y11, and everyone else is going to be in sixth-from. I feel like I'm going to be in the way. No-one in my school has ever got an A in this course at AS, so I would be happy with a B, but would be somewhat disappointed with anything less. I'm really stressed about it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milutin767)
    ANYONE WANTS TO DISCUSS F214, F215, F324, F325, PSYA3 or PSYA4????? I'M LITERALLY GOING NUTS
    I did F324 and F325.

ReputationRep:
    Did the bio and Chem ones

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    I did F324 and F325.
    How did you find F325? It really felt more difficult than the 2015 one! ((

ReputationRep:
    :damnmate:mood.

Name:  2B5B8ECD00000578-0-image-a-30_1439548507441.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  55.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)

Cadherin DesignPredator
    Me too, that may be another mark or two down the drain... CCD asked about the structure (silicon chip with indentations/wells) and then a basic applied explanation of electron liberation via photons from potential wells. (I think anyway).

ReputationRep:
    I did F214 and F215😂😂 I don't expect anything above a C 😬

ReputationRep:
    anyone wants to discuss f214, f215, f324, f325, psya3 or psya4????? I'm literally going nuts
    f214 and f215 were my worst exams

ReputationRep:
    Wat if my grades aint good but it was my dream to become a pilot i tried putting effort in my grades do i qulify to be a pilot.

ReputationRep:
    How did you find F325? It really felt more difficult than the 2015 one! ((
    I found unit 4 quite easy and unit 5 okay (easier than 2015) but made a f*ck ton of silly mistakes.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.