Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    some questions, i didnt know how to phrase the answers to which was weird.

OMG GUYS no more BIOLOGY with OCR again??

this is to all OCR EXAMINERS WHO MAKE PAPERS - I HATE YOU and the seal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TX22)
    for the last question, i wrote stuff like

no transmission of action potential, no saltatory conduction, no electrical insulation.

is that right??
    yeah yeah

ReputationRep:
    ryt im off this thread before I see something that ive done wrong... Yay! exams finally over. Huraay!

ReputationRep:
    For the hamster RQ question did we have to link it to the fact that the hamster allowed its temp to decrease when in topour?

ReputationRep:
    i think the grade boundaries will be arund 43/60 for an A.

the seal exam was harder where it was 40/60 so around 43 i think

ReputationRep:
    Wow that paper was lovely. I sort of had a brain freeze half way through the endotherm question, as I just couldn't think of anymore things other than vasoconstriction, shivering and erector pili muscles causing the hair to stand on end. I think I then spoke about mammals finding shelter, huddling together to reduce surface area to volume ratio and that humans wear more clothes when it's cold, but that was waffling at it's extreme. (Doubt if any of those behaviour points are valid...?) :P Other than that, it was relatively straight forward thank god...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflytears91)
    I didn't think it was as bad as the January paper...
    I didn't like the steroids question, or the one about photorespiration, and I'm not quite sure what they were expecting us to write on the last page.
    Oh and why does cellulose not have an effect on the blood glucose concentrations but starch does?

I can wave goodbye to any hopes of an A* :'(
    cellulose consisto of b-glucose which cannot be broken down, however starch contains alpha glucose which can be broken down to glucose.

ReputationRep:
    Can't see myself getting higher than 50/60 on this paper. Messed up the ornithine cycle question, photorespiration question and a couple of others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TX22)
    for the last question, i wrote stuff like

no transmission of action potential, no saltatory conduction, no electrical insulation.

is that right??
    i said it damaged the sensory neurone responsible for touch sensation, so no action potential generated(damaged sodium ion channels)so no impulse travels to the central nervous system hence no sensation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    cellulose consisto of b-glucose which cannot be broken down, however starch contains alpha glucose which can be broken down to glucose.
    Ah thanks! There's a couple of marks gone...

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys write for the ornithine question:

my answers to the letters:

water
    carbon dioxide
    urea

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys write for the ornithine question:

my answers to the letters:

water
    carbon dioxide
    urea

Same.

ReputationRep:
    Yep wrote that too.

I thought the paper was much better than the January one, I actually thought the examiner was too nice.

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys write asking about diabetic type 2 diet question? i didn't know how much to write but i did write about eating food in low starch, but high in protein....avoid food high in sugars(sucrose and lactose)...eat foood moderate in fat because no effect on the blood glucose concentration....or change to vegetarian diet..blah blah lol nearly used all lines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Yep wrote that too.

I thought the paper was much better than the January one, I actually thought the examiner was too nice.
    i agree this paper was nice and i think i like ocr now lol

ReputationRep:
    In the liver question was the thing you had to label called the CENTRAL VEIN or HEPATIC VEIN?

I put HEPATIC Vein

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hicksichrist)
    Wow that paper was lovely. I sort of had a brain freeze half way through the endotherm question, as I just couldn't think of anymore things other than vasoconstriction, shivering and erector pili muscles causing the hair to stand on end. I think I then spoke about mammals finding shelter, huddling together to reduce surface area to volume ratio and that humans wear more clothes when it's cold, but that was waffling at it's extreme. (Doubt if any of those behaviour points are valid...?) :P Other than that, it was relatively straight forward thank god...
    lol the hamster got me lol but what hell is tapor? lol

anyways for the photorespiration question i think it went well
    the fate of TP was god given lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darthdevidem)
    In the liver question was the thing you had to label called the CENTRAL VEIN or HEPATIC VEIN?

I put HEPATIC Vein
    lol i think it said lobule in the question, i wrote central vein:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student92)
    was easier than jan, but nt dat easy. On the last page, did you talk about the myelin sheath and nodes of ranvier etc etc.
    I did

ReputationRep:
    I put the hepatic vein too.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 7, 2016

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.