Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does your QTS certificate get sent in the mail? I had en email through from my Uni saying I've been recommended for QTS but in terms of your proof of QTS that you need for your NQT school this wouldn't suffice would it?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm starting my PGCE in September, are there any particular books you found useful, as I want to buy some.
    cheers :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_jucie)
    Hi,
    I'm starting my PGCE in September, are there any particular books you found useful, as I want to buy some.
    cheers :-)
    Someone else asked this not long ago. I really don't think any book is needed pre-course. Enjoy the summer, put your feet up and get set to go in September. I think that's more important and beneficial.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing business studies secondary so wanted to refresh my subject knowledge, just wondered any books people could recommend, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing business studies secondary so wanted to refresh my subject knowledge, just wondered any books people could recommend, thanks
    Seriously, enjoy the free time. Do everything you think you might want to do over the next 9 months in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    Seriously, enjoy the free time. Do everything you think you might want to do over the next 9 months in advance.
    I agree completely

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you really want to, 'Teaching Mathematics in the Primary Classroom' is good. It's really good to refresh your knowledge.

EDIT: Take back this post. Not relevant for your course. Sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    If you really want to, 'Teaching Mathematics in the Primary Classroom' is good. It's really good to refresh your knowledge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But possibly not the most useful for secondary business....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    But possibly not the most useful for secondary business....
    OMD, didn't read it properly. My bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steveluis10)
    Does your QTS certificate get sent in the mail? I had en email through from my Uni saying I've been recommended for QTS but in terms of your proof of QTS that you need for your NQT school this wouldn't suffice would it?
    I'm curious about this too. How / when do we get the official paperwork?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeLynsey)
    I'm curious about this too. How / when do we get the official paperwork?
    Should be fairly soon.

I just checked, and my PGCE certificate from last year is dated 18th June, but my QTS certificate is dated 12th July.

So the university sends paperwork off to the DfE saying that you've passed, and it clearly takes a few weeks for them to process this and send your QTS certificae back.

You'll probably have it by the end of July.

Waking up at 6am had better not carry on all holiday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myrtille)
    Should be fairly soon.

I just checked, and my PGCE certificate from last year is dated 18th June, but my QTS certificate is dated 12th July.

So the university sends paperwork off to the DfE saying that you've passed, and it clearly takes a few weeks for them to process this and send your QTS certificae back.

You'll probably have it by the end of July.

Waking up at 6am had better not carry on all holiday...
    Thanks for the info. Makes me less worried!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)

EDIT: Take back this post. Not relevant for your course. Sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha it's ok no probs thanks for the reply :-)

ReputationRep:
    Gove has been moved out of the Education Secretary position, according to David Cameron's twitter.

https://twitter.com/David_Cameron/st...58968895930368

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squoosh25)
    Gove has been moved out of the Education Secretary position, according to David Cameron's twitter.

https://twitter.com/David_Cameron/st...58968895930368
    Indeed.

Not convinced it's going to make much of a difference though.

He's leaving things in a right mess (in the middle of loads of curriculum/exam reform, problems with future teacher supply due to Schools Direct not being as successful as hoped, free schools and academies all over the shop...) for someone else to pick up the pieces. Although of course that would probably have been the case in a year's time anyway...

Hopefully the next person is a bit less of a nutter, but they're still a Tory and supported a lot of Gove's policies (voting record here http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/247...hborough/votes)

ReputationRep:
    Yep - I feel like this move has been made purely to heal relations with teachers - the strikes have clearly told Cameron that Gove cannot continue - his relations with teachers have been beyond repair for quite some time now.

Nicky Morgan voted against gay marriage and abortion and is a strong supporter of academies. I'm not sure what impact she's going to have.

As you say, there's still going to be this difficult phase of implementing new curriculums (why GCSE and A level have been changed at the same time is beyond me, so ridiculous).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steveluis10)
    Yep - I feel like this move has been made purely to heal relations with teachers - the strikes have clearly told Cameron that Gove cannot continue - his relations with teachers have been beyond repair for quite some time now.

Nicky Morgan voted against gay marriage and abortion and is a strong supporter of academies. I'm not sure what impact she's going to have.

As you say, there's still going to be this difficult phase of implementing new curriculums (why GCSE and A level have been changed at the same time is beyond me, so ridiculous).
    Because everything has to be rushed through in case they aren't in government for much longer, I suspect. Spend too long doing things and you won't have as much on your CV. (We have a headteacher like this.)

ReputationRep:
    Hi schools do expect to wait, however mine turned up in the form of an attachment in my junk inbox from the DFE !! Four years of hard work and I printed it myself lol.
    This was last week. I would never had seen it if a friend didn't tell me.
    I was on schools direct salaried might be different for PGCE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My reply was for steveluis 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Last school day yesterday!!!
    So happy!!
    Post here everyone, who is celebrating getting through the training year!

Congrats to all of us!!!

:rock::thumbsup::woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.