Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Todays paper was disgusting

I'm pretty sure they designed that with the pure intention to fail half our year. They asked the most bull**** stuff. Five marks on water content in the body (a single lecture) and about three marks worth on immunology (about a weeks worth of lectures).

To make it just a little better, I've now got an email saying I have to submit a referenced 2k word essay by the 31st. My exams don't even finish till the 27th. I've just sent them an email politely telling them to **** off and that it'll be submitted by the resit board as the time frame given is completely unreasonable. The essays required for the same SSC in February were given almost two weeks of bog standard lecture (no exams) to finish it in. I asked them for titles about two weeks ago when I found out I needed to do one.

Tossers.
    Have some rep sympathy

ReputationRep:
    My exams are tomorrow and Thursday and the work I've put in will almost certainly not yield much. I await reams of obscure and bizarre questions for which revision is nigh on impossible to target.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could get my exams out the way now. Still got 13 days before we start.

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks to go til finals :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Your avater is broken.
    lol, I cannot describe how much I don't care right now.

ReputationRep:
    First year finished OH ****ING YESS!!!!

Summer starts NOW!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Todays paper was disgusting

I'm pretty sure they designed that with the pure intention to fail half our year. They asked the most bull**** stuff. Five marks on water content in the body (a single lecture) and about three marks worth on immunology (about a weeks worth of lectures).

To make it just a little better, I've now got an email saying I have to submit a referenced 2k word essay by the 31st. My exams don't even finish till the 27th. I've just sent them an email politely telling them to **** off and that it'll be submitted by the resit board as the time frame given is completely unreasonable. The essays required for the same SSC in February were given almost two weeks of bog standard lecture (no exams) to finish it in. I asked them for titles about two weeks ago when I found out I needed to do one.

Tossers.
    did you fail the first essay or something? 4 days is harsh. here you get a week. except if you fail more than 1 essay you have to do them all in the week..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felt_monkey)
    I wish I could get my exams out the way now. Still got 13 days before we start.
    Second year the wait gets worse! Then third year it's July before exams!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Logbooks are making me want to die :sigh:

And I still have another month left!! And years 2 and 3 I don't finish until the end of July..... And 4th year if you include the elective :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    did you fail the first essay or something? 4 days is harsh. here you get a week. except if you fail more than 1 essay you have to do them all in the week..
    I got A/A/B/D in my SSCs. My last SSC was this brutal two weeks on neurological and pharmacological control of the ANS with 50 EMQs at the end. I got my paper back and was two marks off a pass >.>. It makes me annoyed when some people have an SSC such as accelerated learning where they turn up for half hour a day to sleep in a class room and get 100%. You have to pass each individual piece of SSC rather than it contribute together.

(Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Have some rep sympathy
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I can accept that wards have a mens and ladies side - single sex accommodation, although I do think that is a bit overdone sometimes, but single sex toilets? I've been on wards where loos are only for one sex and sometimes you have to walk further away for other facilities. WHY?! All toilets have lockable doors I'm talking about either single unit loos or at 'worst' 2 cubicles - that gives privacy, or is it because people get embarrassed that other people are also mere mortals and have to go to the loo? I don't understand??? If I was ill - and yes I have been a patient - I really wouldn't care.

ReputationRep:
    I can accept that wards have a mens and ladies side - single sex accommodation, although I do think that is a bit overdone sometimes, but single sex toilets? I've been on wards where loos are only for one sex and sometimes you have to walk further away for other facilities. WHY?! All toilets have lockable doors I'm talking about either single unit loos or at 'worst' 2 cubicles - that gives privacy, or is it because people get embarrassed that other people are also mere mortals and have to go to the loo? I don't understand??? If I was ill - and yes I have been a patient - I really wouldn't care.
    Yes but if you were an old patient, you might not approve. Always have to think, what would your grandparents think in terms of how you look, how you act etc.

ReputationRep:
    How many public places have unisex loos? I can't think of many... People are used to having single sex facilities, so they expect them in hospitals too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovehotchocolate)
    Yes but if you were an old patient, you might not approve. Always have to think, what would your grandparents think in terms of how you look, how you act etc.

I hadn't thought of that, good point.

(Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    How many public places have unisex loos? I can't think of many... People are used to having single sex facilities, so they expect them in hospitals too.
    But thats also because of the different facilities required. The looks I'm talking about are all proper loos rather than urinals. I guess there is a cultural/religious element of consideration that I've overlooked. But I think my point stands with single unit loos, hmm this might be a good reflection piece.

ReputationRep:
    Failing is when you hear a murmer, describe it correctly, but then get mixed up in the diagnosis...pansystolic murmer at the apex radiating to axilla, why did I say mitral stenosis? Why? fail! At least now I'll never forget that MR is the pansystolic...although I was told by the cardiologist that if you think its mitral disease without AF, think again, thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Neuro exam done. Much better than Monday's paper but still a *****. Time to crack on for the final one tomorrow now...

ReputationRep:
    just lying in bed doing nothing... got nothing to do, nothing I have to remember... just eating sherbet and progressively forgetting everything I learnt over the last year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    just lying in bed doing nothing... got nothing to do, nothing I have to remember... just eating sherbet and progressively forgetting everything I learnt over the last year...
    Please switch places with me! In 22 days I am free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Please switch places with me! In 22 days I am free
    Has it been worth it? Honestly... or in hindsight would you prefer to be a year closer to graduation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Has it been worth it? Honestly... or in hindsight would you prefer to be a year closer to graduation?
    Um right now it's hard to say. I enjoyed the modules - and it has made me read hundreds of journal articles (so in that sense good) but I hate the stupid thing and wish I was finishing 4th year proper now.

I just hope I scrape my 2:1 and can be done with this piece of crap

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.