Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Aaron Ramsey looked so darn good in that kit (no homo)
    Attachment 223444Attachment 223445
    I totally agree, we looked world class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_Lawton)

That was my all time favourite kit.
    Too right. What a great picture, btw. Loved Keown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    Too right. What a great picture, btw. Loved Keown.
    Very underrated player was Keown, the complete defender. Koscielny reminds me of him tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    EPL>Seire A, London>Turin, chance to improve your game under Arsene Wenger, plenty of Spanish speakers in the Arsenal side(Argentinians being notoriously bad at learning English). Juve are the better team but in truth they are about as far away from a CL as Arsenal are(They got spanked 4-0 by Bayern whereas we went out on away goals for instance). Of course, Arsenal could blow Juve out of the water with wages if we wanted to.

Definitely think Higuain would improve Arsenal hugely though, 20+ goals pretty much guaranteed.
    Agree with everything bar the CL thing, Juve are fairly close to the CL imo much closer than arsenal, you could say the same thing about barcelona as they lost 7-0 to a fantastic bayern team and even without messi they're a stronger team than arsenal.

I don't know the figures about finances though. But yes higuain would improve arsenal and it would be great to see him in the league, I'm pretty happy that he's leaving madrid tbh. He's been there since the age of 17, while he's made it into the team I'd like him to go somewhere else to further his career, it's frustrating being rotated every match anyway(mario gomez should leave too btw) and it would be great for him to start every match for a team like arsenal/juve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Agree with everything bar the CL thing, Juve are fairly close to the CL imo much closer than arsenal, you could say the same thing about barcelona as they lost 7-0 to a fantastic bayern team and even without messi they're a stronger team than arsenal.

I don't know the figures about finances though. But yes higuain would improve arsenal and it would be great to see him in the league, I'm pretty happy that he's leaving madrid tbh. He's been there since the age of 17, while he's made it into the team I'd like him to go somewhere else to further his career, it's frustrating being rotated every match anyway(mario gomez should leave too btw) and it would be great for him to start every match for a team like arsenal/juve.
    What I mean is that both Juve/Arsenal will cruise through the group stage, and probably make the QF unless they meet one of the top top teams but arent good enough to touch Bayern/Barca and wont be any time soon. So dont think Juve really have an edge over Arsenal here either. But Juve are probably a more prestigious name in football so that's a consideration for him too.

Higuain for 20m would be an unbelievable signing I think. He gets plenty of stick and its fashionable to slate players like him but whenever Ive seen him hes buried any chance he gets and does all the simple things very well. He's stagnated at Real, even though he's still performing well, so Id imagine hed jump at the chance to play under Wenger who always adds a new dimension to players' game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by english007)
    Arsenal need fabregas and benzema NOT ROONEY i feel arsenal also need one CB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True. Booney would be Arsene's biggest mistake as manager; A very expensive, slow and fat mistake.

ReputationRep:
    From BBC
    Data received by BBC Sport shows that just 35 English under-21 players featured in the Premier League last season, the lowest since 2005. Since then, the use of under-21 players in the top division has fallen from the highest of the big five European leagues at 10.33% to the lowest of the big five, at 4.45%. Manchester City, Chelsea, Swansea, Stoke and Wigan failed to field an English under-21 player all season while Arsenal played the highest percentage of English youngsters.

and everyone used to slate Arsenal and wenger for all their foreign players

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    From BBC
    Data received by BBC Sport shows that just 35 English under-21 players featured in the Premier League last season, the lowest since 2005. Since then, the use of under-21 players in the top division has fallen from the highest of the big five European leagues at 10.33% to the lowest of the big five, at 4.45%. Manchester City, Chelsea, Swansea, Stoke and Wigan failed to field an English under-21 player all season while Arsenal played the highest percentage of English youngsters.

and everyone used to slate Arsenal and wenger for all their foreign players

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeh bit of a bad correlation right there we useto have no english players and we looked like CL and league challengers now we have a lot of em and were struggling to make fourth. The way I see it is that its harder to attract foreigners when your team is a 100% full of english (or british) players, prefer a mix tbh I remember viera saying a big factor in his decision to come arsenal was because the manager spoke french so having foreigners isn't necessarily a bad thing

ReputationRep:
    So spurs have bid for Benteke? Not gonna lie ill be so hacked off if they get him. Everyone seems to have a reason we shouldn't sign him, but in my opinion he is one of the safest signings we could possibly make this summer, even if he's not a starter (behind another signing)... Young too, so subject to Wenger's infamous influence. If we let spurs get hold of him I think we've really missed a trick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    So spurs have bid for Benteke? Not gonna lie ill be so hacked off if they get him. Everyone seems to have a reason we shouldn't sign him, but in my opinion he is one of the safest signings we could possibly make this summer, even if he's not a starter (behind another signing)... Young too, so subject to Wenger's infamous influence. If we let spurs get hold of him I think we've really missed a trick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you were Villa would you exchange Defoe and cash for Benteke? Guess it depends how much cash is offered, but I think Villa will hold out for more.

ReputationRep:
    Benteke needs an extra year to prove what he can do. I don't mind paying a £5m premium for this in a years time.

But as of now, he could easily be classed as a one seaoson wonder. I've seen it too many times with players like Barry and Milner.

We can't afford to take that kind of a risk given the lack of quality we have upfront.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not surprised tbh that we're gonna miss out him - it seems like this is the trend the summer will take. But I'm not really fussed about Ben take. Apparently Chelsea are lining up a bid for Jovetic and we're not prepared to pay over £1 million for Julio Cesar. The two players we've bought are 20 and 16 year olds.

We can't blame Koscielny for threatening to leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Benteke needs an extra year to prove what he can do. I don't mind paying a £5m premium for this in a years time.

But as of now, he could easily be classed as a one seaoson wonder. I've seen it too many times with players like Barry and Milner.

We can't afford to take that kind of a risk given the lack of quality we have upfront.
    Benteke is showing far more promise than barry and as for milner I mean I always thought he was just a hard worker who lacked technical skills, bit like ramsey is now. I think benteke is a different kettle of fish to them 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Not surprised tbh that we're gonna miss out him - it seems like this is the trend the summer will take. But I'm not really fussed about Ben take. Apparently Chelsea are lining up a bid for Jovetic and we're not prepared to pay over £1 million for Julio Cesar. The two players we've bought are 20 and 16 year olds.

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    apparently were gonna buy aleksandar mitrovic, he made the bench for serbia this year so cant be bad. Atleast hes not french

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)

...It's the 5th of June.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    ...It's the 5th of June.
    Lol I know but it's happened every year for a few years now. We'll probably make a couple of signings in July and one more on the 31st August.

ReputationRep:
    To the person who said Arsenal and yellow just doesn't go, there's a reason why the chant is 'she wore a yellow ribbon.'
    Chatting to older gooners who used to go to away games in the 70's and 80's apparently Arsenal fans would often chant 'yellows' when getting off the football specials in some remote northern hole. As glousck so correctly said, yellow and blue is as much a part of Arsenal's tradition as red and white. The blue and white away kit from a few years ago was an abomination. Why are the Arsenal playing in a tiny totts kit?

The local boy winning the cup

Name:  Charlie_1971.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  157.3 KB

Commonly regarded as the greatest cup final ever, plus the mancs were on the losing end so even better

Name:  alan-sunderland-fa-cup-final.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  39.1 KB

Seen by some as the greatest Arsenal victory ever
    Name:  gun__1243327598_0.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  50.0 KB

All these moments happened before I or probably any of us was born. Yellow and blue is part of the club's history. And plus is a damn good looking colour combination. Corporate greed shouldn't be trampling over club traditions. Football is a game that is as much about tradition as anything else.

ReputationRep:
    Gonzalo Higuain: "I have offers many outside Spain, but I decided to accept the offer of Arsenal, but that does not mean that I have finished all the procedures move to Arsenal, but there are still negotiations between me and them"

"I decided to go there because I'm still young and I see that the way the team played for me too and you'll get used to there quickly"

From the Premier League News fb page - is this legit anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gainsbourg)
    Gonzalo Higuain: "I have offers many outside Spain, but I decided to accept the offer of Arsenal, but that does not mean that I have finished all the procedures move to Arsenal, but there are still negotiations between me and them"

"I decided to go there because I'm still young and I see that the way the team played for me too and you'll get used to there quickly"

From the Premier League News fb page - is this legit anyone?
    its BS

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.