Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadpanda123)
    Thanks for that, very detailed! But I understand what's there much better for it. The GP never said anything about all that but to be fair I've only seen her once about this. Maybe I should go back but I don't want just want a prescription for fluoxetine pushed at me and told to come back if it's not working, which is what I would expect to be honest (close family member that's a GP admits this is what usually happens.)

Have you seen a CPN etc? Was it useful to you?
    Yes, very useful. I have used virtually all parts of the system over many years and also worked as a mental health advocate (as you can tell I am MUCH older than most people on here).

Yes the GP is unlikely to refer you after just one meeting but you have described your depression deepening and very negative thoughts so you could go back and see her again to tell her this..

If the GP does offer a prescription then explain that you cannot take it because of your experience with your brother and feel that because of this you would prefer a referal to the MHT so that you can see a psychiatrist and have a CPN. Remember, it is perfectly okay to be pro-active in your own care and ask for what you want.

If you decide to do this and she says no then I'd be grateful if you could let me know..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    leaving TSR, too many ***** on this site and it's just making me lose control of my emotions and I can't deal right now.

sorry for being so **** all this time and ruining things for everyone with my presence here, I will miss you guys though I doubt anyone will miss my ****.
    Will miss your posts! Its a shame you feel you have to have a break.

Hopefully you can come back and maybe stick to this thread where people are supportive.

Whatever, good luck and HUGS.

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about it, I'll just go for the gym membership and improve my fitness before I look at playing badminton :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catoswyn)
    Will miss your posts! Its a shame you feel you have to have a break.

Hopefully you can come back and maybe stick to this thread where people are supportive.

Whatever, good luck and HUGS.

Hes looking at not coming back but ill pass on your message, along with anyone elses.
    Hell be ok though. Hes currently fairly safe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, very useful. I have used virtually all parts of the system over many years and also worked as a mental health advocate (as you can tell I am MUCH older than most people on here).

Yes the GP is unlikely to refer you after just one meeting but you have described your depression deepening and very negative thoughts so you could go back and see her again to tell her this..

If the GP does offer a prescription then explain that you cannot take it because of your experience with your brother and feel that because of this you would prefer a referal to the MHT so that you can see a psychiatrist and have a CPN. Remember, it is perfectly okay to be pro-active in your own care and ask for what you want.

If you decide to do this and she says no then I'd be grateful if you could let me know..

Just bear in mind, it's possible that at the MHT assessment (if you are referred), they decide that you're not in their remit for whatever reason and refer you to another service/back to your GP. I don't mean to be off-putting, and it's definitely worth a shot, but I just think it is worth pointing out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HmMusic)
    I never say horrible things ever that's why it's scared me so much, I can't deal with the guilt of what I've said and knowing that I mean it and knowing that it's the worst thing to say to someone. I'm as bad as my brother. I've been controlling and manipulative and angry and completely utterly pathetic. My cat ignoring me is weird because he never ignores me he is always with me he follows me around everywhere and sits with me whenever I am sitting, instead he is pacing around the hallway and whenever I look at him he sprints off.

There is a doctor visiting me tonight. I've never been this scared of myself. I don't know how to control my thoughts.
    Just to let you know I've sent a private message to your in-box.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just bear in mind, it's possible that at the MHT assessment (if you are referred), they decide that you're not in their remit for whatever reason and refer you to another service/back to your GP. I don't mean to be off-putting, and it's definitely worth a shot, but I just think it is worth pointing out.
    Has this happened to anyone you know? What other services were they referred to and what reasons were given? Its a very interesting point you make and I'd be keen to find out more as no one I know has had this happen to them yet.

Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    So to add to my list pretty sure im suffering from dehydration yet still dont want to drink. **** sake

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avhhs)
    Thinking about it, I'll just go for the gym membership and improve my fitness before I look at playing badminton :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Badminton is awesome fun though!

Has this happened to anyone you know? What other services were they referred to and what reasons were given? Its a very interesting point you make and I'd be keen to find out more as no one I know has had this happen to them yet.

Thanks,

Me! I'll PM you, don't want to post publicly on the forum.

ReputationRep:
    Will reply to PMs/quotes later but right now I feel sick.

Spoiler:
    Show
    The voices are so loud. And so intense. They keep telling me to do bad things otherwise my family are friends are going to get hurt and I don't think I can take it. I'm not safe at all and I've been in floods of tears all night. I actually feel sick I don't know what to do. Voices have never been so bad I feel so last I can't do this I can't do this
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    3 moves into the game: check mate
    But despite my epic failings at chess I still had a good night. It's nice that I can still have some fun at the moment even though I'm freaking out so often.
    Spending one less day at my friend's than I thought too which makes it more like a weekend so I'm liking forward to that more now

Things aren't perfect but they could be a whole lot worse so I'll take it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    leaving TSR, too many ***** on this site and it's just making me lose control of my emotions and I can't deal right now.

sorry for being so **** all this time and ruining things for everyone with my presence here, I will miss you guys though I doubt anyone will miss my ****.
    Sorry to see you go mate. Hopefully may see you back on here one day, but if not, take care and best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Going down hill feeling really ill and really bad. Trying to fight off urges but dont know how long i can keep it up dont know what to do :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    Sorry to see you go mate. Hopefully may see you back on here one day, but if not, take care and best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ill pass that on. Hell really appreciate it

Hope your ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Thanks, I'll think about doing that. I'll let you know what happens if I do. I got the impression last time I saw her that she didn't think it was necessary to refer because I'm using my university's services. :rolleyes: She didn't give me the ticky box questionnaire though and son't know if I got across how bad I felt particularly well.

ReputationRep:
    Im such a stupid pathetic person :facepalm: :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    Im such a stupid pathetic person :facepalm: :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no you're not :hugs: i'm pretty sure you're the only person that thinks that

ReputationRep:
    I feel absolutely awful right now. Can't do this

ReputationRep:
    Things are finally getting somewhere. Had a midwife round this morning and showed her everything I wrote about my thoughts last night. Finally someone can see how bad I am rather than trying to explain it whilst feeling numb. She is referring me to the community mental health team. My bf has taken the day off work today at her recommendation so I'm not on my own. Waiting for the mental health team to call back.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.