Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mco10)
    is the second stage for BAML an automatic thing ? it doesnt depend on your numerical result right?
    I think it does. Or atleast, that's what I was led to believe.

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys reckon the HSBC 1st year summer internship is worth doing?

ReputationRep:
    What are GS specifically asking for when ask you to state your spring dates? Is it not just fixed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President M.E.)
    Do you guys reckon the HSBC 1st year summer internship is worth doing?
    I thinks it's retail/commercial banking and they look specifically look for people who are willing to do follow up internships with them in this area for their 1st year programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    I think it does. Or atleast, that's what I was led to believe.

hmm ok i hope so . thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aussie Dude ._.)
    What are GS specifically asking for when ask you to state your spring dates? Is it not just fixed?
    The application is generic to all the application spots for the bank, they mean nothing by it.

ReputationRep:
    The application is generic to all the application spots for the bank, they mean nothing by it.
    So if I dont specify dates they won't get angry at me? Sorry just making sure man, it is GS after all :P

ReputationRep:
    RBC?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Durham has a great reputation and will stand you in good stead. To put things into perspective, here is the general order on semi targets.

After the G5:

• Durham/Edinburgh/Nottingham/Bristol
    • Cass Business School (London)
    • York/Bath/St Andrews
    • King’s/Manchester

I study at Cass and hold a SW offer at a BB, here's my profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/abdulkarimali
    Your LinkedIn page is really impressive! How did you find out about all the banking related insights that you've attended?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFR)
    Your LinkedIn page is really impressive! How did you find out about all the banking related insights that you've attended?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some of my friends were thinking of applying to medicine so were all looking for work experience and I sort of looked into experience relevant for my course. Came across a site called studentladder which had some places I could apply for so just went full out on applications. Luckily, made it onto a few and just started growing a network from there. Met others who introduced me to other available events etc.. and that was that.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when TSR does this!! It really is a small world, had a bit of internal crisis re focusing on corporate law or IB. Made my mind up but very late, just trying to knock out applications now while I still can. Just applied to GS.
    I'd make sure that you have a 'solid' reason for why IB and not Law, especially if nothing screams finance on your CV, i.e A-Level Maths/Econ, Insight Days etc (2nd year law student)

Also, on the 'target'/'semi target' debate, For the vast majority of people who don't get in it's not because they went to Durham or Bristol instead of Oxford or UCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmizrahi)
    RBC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Still waiting after the test dude. Been 3 weeks since i did it 😪

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmizrahi)
    RBC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's been 3 months since my test, they'll prob review after new year

ReputationRep:
    So if I dont specify dates they won't get angry at me? Sorry just making sure man, it is GS after all :P
    I emailed asking a contact at GS and the generic campus recruitment team, their responses: "Please specify the dates of which you are available during Easter / Spring" and "The Spring Week dates is asking when your University's spring holiday or spring break will be".

Over-kill on the two sources, but I wasn't sure who would reply first

ReputationRep:
    Is CS's deadline the 7th January? Does that include the numerical test (if they require one)?

ReputationRep:
    What stage are you guys at with Citi? Im still 'under review'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toda)
    What stage are you guys at with Citi? Im still 'under review'.

did they get back to you saying youve passed the online test?

they sent me an email 3days ago saying they will get back to me shortly..

and my application review is pending... did you get any of that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutmeloose)
    I'd make sure that you have a 'solid' reason for why IB and not Law, especially if nothing screams finance on your CV, i.e A-Level Maths/Econ, Insight Days etc (2nd year law student)

Also, on the 'target'/'semi target' debate, For the vast majority of people who don't get in it's not because they went to Durham or Bristol instead of Oxford or UCL.
    Only had insight days in corporate law, my experience is heavily tilted towards finance ie gap year as Credit TA at BB, WM internship at BB and heavy involvement in finance society. I am expecting that question though :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookie_m14)
    I emailed asking a contact at GS and the generic campus recruitment team, their responses: "Please specify the dates of which you are available during Easter / Spring" and "The Spring Week dates is asking when your University's spring holiday or spring break will be".

Over-kill on the two sources, but I wasn't sure who would reply first
    Cheers it is gonna kill my valuable word count though just had 300 and was ready to send off basically

ReputationRep:
    Cheers it is gonna kill my valuable word count though just had 300 and was ready to send off basically
    I'm certain I didn't include it in my 300

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.