Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Speech & Language Therapy 2015 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shropshirelass51)
    I haven't heard yet either and sent the form back ages ago. Have you done your DBS yet? I wonder if they are waiting to get that back. I have an appointment to do mine on the last date in July.
    In the nicest possible way I'm a bit glad to hear it's not just me who hasn't heard back yet!! No, I haven't done the DBS yet. I also have my date to do it in late July. You're possibly right though, perhaps they're waiting to get that done first?:confused:!!!

ReputationRep:
    Really pleased to hear that. I am still waiting to hear and like you expect an interview, so fingers crossed. I haven't done my DBS yet so may be they wait until they receive that.
    My DBS came through really quickly (less than a fortnight!) after the day in June, so hope this doesn't slow down in July so you can get a quick response too. The OH phone call came before I had presented the original DBS to them (as you need to prove the original of this as well as qualifications).

The interview was nothing like the face-to-face I had with OH in teaching - now I don't know why I worried about it. You'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaaySLT)
    In the nicest possible way I'm a bit glad to hear it's not just me who hasn't heard back yet!! No, I haven't done the DBS yet. I also have my date to do it in late July. You're possibly right though, perhaps they're waiting to get that done first?:confused:!!!
    I was also thinking it was just me that hadn't heard back, which is why I thought posting would encourage others that they are doing the interviews and not leaving them until just before we start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsrev)
    I was also thinking it was just me that hadn't heard back, which is why I thought posting would encourage others that they are doing the interviews and not leaving them until just before we start.
    Thanks for that! Much appreciated*

ReputationRep:
    Really pleased to hear that. I am still waiting to hear and like you expect an interview, so fingers crossed. I haven't done my DBS yet so may be they wait until they receive that.
    Occupational health rang me as well 2 or so weeks ago due to me declaring that I had depression and received treatment for it but luckily everything was okay and it was a quick 5 minute thing and now I'm passed.

Hoping you hear back as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanC55)
    Occupational health rang me as well 2 or so weeks ago due to me declaring that I had depression and received treatment for it but luckily everything was okay and it was a quick 5 minute thing and now I'm passed.

Hoping you hear back as well
    Thanks Jordan, that's reassuring. I just hope they get in touch soon!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Jordan, that's reassuring. I just hope they get in touch soon!
    Yeah you will be fine! You organised?

ReputationRep:
    Still can't quite believe uni is happening you know!

Worked so hard to get here and now it's happening in a few weeks :,)

ReputationRep:
    Still can't quite believe uni is happening you know!

Worked so hard to get here and now it's happening in a few weeks :,)
    I still don't believe it myself! It's awfully quiet on here isn't it?

Are you all sorted?

ReputationRep:
    I'm still here guys!!!
    I'm not sure whether I'm sorted or not. I can't wait to get started but I feel a little bit in limbo land. It feels real but because nothing much is happening it still feels far away if that makes sense lol!

ReputationRep:
    I still don't believe it myself! It's awfully quiet on here isn't it?

Are you all sorted?
    Yeah it is, I really enjoyed it when it was busy cause it was interesting seeing how other unis were running things! It's not too bad because I've found a group of about 10 SaLT freshers at DMU and we have a group now. Hardly anyone on here seems to be going DMU! How's everything working at BCU?

Yeah I've done all the formalities just trying to sort my accommodation which is a right ball ache, but it'll happen! Waiting till closer to the time to start properly organising things but my parents are coming down this time to help me move in (never happened at Essex) so I've got to sort our tickets out. I think things will kick up after results day.

You all sorted!?

ReputationRep:
    Some of us "old hands" are still keeping an eye on you too! It's always a shame when it goes quiet whilst everyone is waiting for results etc. A few will pop back on or after results day to update the thread I am sure.

Glad everyones plans are coming together!

ReputationRep:
    I'm still here guys!!!
    I'm not sure whether I'm sorted or not. I can't wait to get started but I feel a little bit in limbo land. It feels real but because nothing much is happening it still feels far away if that makes sense lol!
    Feel exactly the same

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is, I really enjoyed it when it was busy cause it was interesting seeing how other unis were running things! It's not too bad because I've found a group of about 10 SaLT freshers at DMU and we have a group now. Hardly anyone on here seems to be going DMU! How's everything working at BCU?

Yeah I've done all the formalities just trying to sort my accommodation which is a right ball ache, but it'll happen! Waiting till closer to the time to start properly organising things but my parents are coming down this time to help me move in (never happened at Essex) so I've got to sort our tickets out. I think things will kick up after results day.

You all sorted!?
    Waiting for health check and doing DBS next week. I'm a mature student so am commuting, so no accommodation to sort.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still here guys!!!
    I completely agree with you! Like it's only 2 or so months away but it feels longer because of the wait

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for health check and doing DBS next week. I'm a mature student so am commuting, so no accommodation to sort.
    Do BCU pay for your DBS, DMU made us do it months in advance I feel sorry for anyone not getting onto the course cause it's a waste

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    Some of us "old hands" are still keeping an eye on you too! It's always a shame when it goes quiet whilst everyone is waiting for results etc. A few will pop back on or after results day to update the thread I am sure.

Glad everyones plans are coming together!
    I have every intention of assisting you in your role of Student room angel next year haha! Can't wait for the new thread to start and I can advise people! Try and help them in the way you helped us :,)

I'm also planning on starting a blog about my time at DMU as well

ReputationRep:
    I have every intention of assisting you in your role of Student room angel next year haha! Can't wait for the new thread to start and I can advise people! Try and help them in the way you helped us :,)

I'm also planning on starting a blog about my time at DMU as well
    Maybe I should step aside next year - after all my knowledge and memory of the whole process will have dimmed a lot by then (but will probably still have a nosey as to what is going on )

Are you keeping busy? Hope you are not having doubts that DMU was the right choice! (oh yeah I still laugh by the way when I remember you being given advice that SLT would be the easier option compared to a straight linguistics degree cos its just practical - oh the ignorance of some people ).

I am just chilling and enjoying my first summer with no results day at the end of August for 5 years! Did my first gcse in year 9 then exams/results every year since - its a good feeling getting results early (thank you uni!).

The blog sounds interesting - wouldn't have the perseverance myself lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    Maybe I should step aside next year - after all my knowledge and memory of the whole process will have dimmed a lot by then (but will probably still have a nosey as to what is going on )

Are you keeping busy? Hope you are not having doubts that DMU was the right choice! (oh yeah I still laugh by the way when I remember you being given advice that SLT would be the easier option compared to a straight linguistics degree cos its just practical - oh the ignorance of some people ).

I am just chilling and enjoying my first summer with no results day at the end of August for 5 years! Did my first gcse in year 9 then exams/results every year since - its a good feeling getting results early (thank you uni!).

The blog sounds interesting - wouldn't have the perseverance myself lol
    No you can't leave! They'll need you to keep them in check! Besides, you had loads of interviews so you know a lot of the processes more than me - I'm only useful if they're interviewing at DMU haha.

Yeah, I'm basically working all the time but I'm just not enjoying it because it seems pointless, I know ultimately it's helping me raise the money I need but it just feels like I'm not progressing! Yeah that annoyed me, whoever said that obviously doesn't know, I breezed my first year of linguistics without even trying whereas SaLT is gonna blow my mind - but I'm excited to learn again as I feel my brain is dying.

Yeah it's a great feeling isn't it! I don't envy people waiting for results! However, I have to admit I used to enjoy them like the build up and everything :,)

Nah I wanna do it for a number of reasons and it won't be too in depth or an everyday thing it'll just be an insight into what to expect as a SaLT student or a DMU student - I dunno haha

ReputationRep:
    No you can't leave! They'll need you to keep them in check! Besides, you had loads of interviews so you know a lot of the processes more than me - I'm only useful if they're interviewing at DMU haha.

Yeah, I'm basically working all the time but I'm just not enjoying it because it seems pointless, I know ultimately it's helping me raise the money I need but it just feels like I'm not progressing! Yeah that annoyed me, whoever said that obviously doesn't know, I breezed my first year of linguistics without even trying whereas SaLT is gonna blow my mind - but I'm excited to learn again as I feel my brain is dying.

Yeah it's a great feeling isn't it! I don't envy people waiting for results! However, I have to admit I used to enjoy them like the build up and everything :,)

Nah I wanna do it for a number of reasons and it won't be too in depth or an everyday thing it'll just be an insight into what to expect as a SaLT student or a DMU student - I dunno haha
    Will probably still be hanging around the edges of the thread - next year should be an easier year for studies as its mostly psychology in year 2 for me! My experience though is out of date as they seem to have changed the interview process and questions quite a lot!

It feels weird with no results day to be honest - keep watching the results day thread for A2/AS reliving the experience - just like on here haha but relieved at the same time that I have no August resits (that was an unexpected bonus).

You will have to tell me where you post your blog and I will check it out!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.