Cambridge Decisions 2015 - info and FAQ Watch

This discussion is closed.
BrainDrain
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For all you fellow guys who have received rejections today , don't despair ......"If you are unemployed and need an outfit cleaned for an interview, we will clean it for FREE."... nice offer from Timpson will cheer us all up.
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by cerlohee)
I genuinely feel like they gave me a pity offer because of how hard they could see I was trying in the interview. Like, I'm worried now that I'd get in and fail all my exams because they picked the wrong person...
And it's only been half a day :')
Cambridge (and Oxford for that matter) is full of people who think this - at its worst, it's called 'imposter syndrome'. Don't worry - these admissions tutors know what they're doing
ocius-vulpes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by niamhryle)
Aw this is so great! See you in October! (If I get the grades)

Were you interviewed on the 11th?
You too hopefully! Was interviewed on the 9th ^.^
AMRF
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by icamui1)
Glad you liked it Why don't you simply e-mail your college on Monday? Most colleges send letters via e-mail if you simply request them.
I'll probably email them on Tuesday. I got that information from other users
AMRF
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ianna.andreea)
I already got Band 8 in Ielts, but I got 6.5 in writing, so if I get an offer I will have to sit the exam again
It would be too bad not getting in because of the language requirments
BP_Tranquility
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elcor)
I'm sorry to hear that dude. I know it will sting at first but over time you'll come up with some brilliant plans for your future and I'm sure you have an interesting life ahead . Any ideas of where you'll go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by paradoxicalme)
True, but there are quite a lot of people who hang around all the time who've gotten in

The *******s! I'm really sorry Where are you thinking of now? Three of my friends have been rejected too; they're off to York and Bath and 'wherever takes me' (Vet applicant )
Thanks for the support guys (congrats on your offers )- I'm thinking of either imperial or Manchester but haven't yet decided : /

Posted from TSR Mobile
oonaghs7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi everyone, haven't really posted much on here but have loved reading the posts.

I would just like to advise something for people awaiting decisions which helped calm me.

Last night I made a list on my phone of all the reasons why going to my 2nd choice (which wasn't really a 2nd choice for me as was still a top uni as I'm sure many of yours are) would be as good/better than Camb (ie an easier workload/better city life/further away from home).

I would really advise everyone to do that, because it really puts things into perspective - I'm sure most of you have some amazing offers from great unis and as much as you convince yourself that Cambridge is the end it really isn't, at the end of the day a degree is a degree and its what you make of uni that matters not where you go. Just take everything as having a reason, things work out and it really isn't the end of the world, having a positive attitude can change everything.

I wish you all the best of luck and please please stay positive x

PS. A quote that helped me over the last week "As I look back on my life, I realise that everytime I thought I was being rejected from something great, I was actually being re directed towards something better"
cerlohee
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Minerva)
Cambridge (and Oxford for that matter) is full of people who think this - at its worst, it's called 'imposter syndrome'. Don't worry - these admissions tutors know what they're doing
I really hope so!! Thankyou
Kolasinac138
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by oonaghs7)
Hi everyone, haven't really posted much on here but have loved reading the posts.

I would just like to advise something for people awaiting decisions which helped calm me.

Last night I made a list on my phone of all the reasons why going to my 2nd choice (which wasn't really a 2nd choice for me as was still a top uni as I'm sure many of yours are) would be as good/better than Camb (ie an easier workload/better city life/further away from home).

I would really advise everyone to do that, because it really puts things into perspective - I'm sure most of you have some amazing offers from great unis and as much as you convince yourself that Cambridge is the end it really isn't, at the end of the day a degree is a degree and its what you make of uni that matters not where you go. Just take everything as having a reason, things work out and it really isn't the end of the world, having a positive attitude can change everything.

I wish you all the best of luck and please please stay positive x

PS. A quote that helped me over the last week "As I look back on my life, I realise that everytime I thought I was being rejected from something great, I was actually being re directed towards something better"
Anyone have such a list for Imperial v Cambridge
MelindaMedic
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sp44)
Got rejected by clare, but got put into the winter pool for medicine. I was not expecting an offer as my BMAT was shocking, but is it a good sign that clare has pooled me? (clare being a highly regarded college at Cambridge)
Hey sp44 I'm in the same position as you! got pooled by Clare, but it doesn't say if anywhere else has taken me in the pool, just waiting for a decision!
Renee8100
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone else going to be at Selwyn on the 13th/14th for an interview?
The Clockwork Apple
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kolasinac138)
Anyone have such a list for Imperial v Cambridge
It would be very much apreciated
kim1410
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Stefan21)
So Monday then...well all the best! What subject did you apply for?
Geography What about you?
arra1997
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by physicsmaths)
mate i thought i was fully rejected after my horrendous multiplying skills in my first interview. i also forget how to differentiate. LOLOLOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
That makes me feel good, because my interview was terrible.
ClickItBack
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cerlohee)
I genuinely feel like they gave me a pity offer because of how hard they could see I was trying in the interview. Like, I'm worried now that I'd get in and fail all my exams because they picked the wrong person...
And it's only been half a day :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone feels that way when they get an offer, then everyone ESPECIALLY feels that way about halfway through their first term.

But hardly anyone fails, and everyone more or less gets through it in one piece.

Also if people are really struggling, they do have a couple of safety mechanisms to try and get you graduated with a decent grade. E.g. in the Engineering tripos, most people who are doing badly after the first two years are encouraged to take up the Management option, rather than stick with 'hardcore' engineering. Similarly some of my fellow mathmos were strongly encouraged to switch to e.g. natsci, HSPS, that sort of thing.

(not that management, HSPS, etc. are necessarily any 'easier' - but they do have a much smaller proportion of people who really bomb out i.e. fail or get 3rds)
CheIIe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Melonga)
I have got an offer from the pool for architecture too. Waiting to find out which college.
That's amazing considering how competitive architecture is!
Congrats!
anonymousp
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Fly - Miten & Deva Premal - YouTube

If you are in need of encouragement and inspiration I found this song great ...it is quite good for celebration too
SophieKitching
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I know! Are you on Facebook? I'm dying to get to know any fellow NatScis! xxx (This was in reply to Ella - don't know why it didn't work like normal!)
SophieKitching
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Christina30)
Hello, I also have an offer for physical Nat Sci at Downing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations! ! Downing is such a beautiful college! (Definitely my favourite!) Are you on Facebook? xxx
Watchthe
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sp44)
4.6, 5.4, 4A
VERY surprised i got called to interview, but i think my interview went well ... i hope they put me into the pool on the basis that i performed ok in the interview
Hey! Did you get pooled and are still waiting for a decision or did you get pooled and definitely have an offer?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (146)
27.55%
No (384)
72.45%

Watched Threads