Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Injured
    Wilson starting up front them or Fellaini?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Wilson starting up front them or Fellaini?
    Wilson would be a great option for this game but unfortunately I doubt he'll start unless we play 352. We'll either play that or a 433 with Rooney as the lone striker. Most likely lineup i'd say is this:

De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Carrick, Herrera, Di Maria, Young, Rooney

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Wilson would be a great option for this game but unfortunately I doubt he'll start unless we play 352. We'll either play that or a 433 with Rooney as the lone striker. Most likely lineup i'd say is this:

De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Carrick, Herrera, Di Maria, Young, Rooney
    I think that's the most sensible line-up but knowing LVG he won't do sensible, feel like Fellaini should be starting,he's been good in the cup so far
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I think that's the most sensible line-up but knowing LVG he won't do sensible, feel like Fellaini should be starting,he's been good in the cup so far
    Our play has been far too slow and lethargic this season and a Blind, Carrick, Fellaini midfield wouldn't help with that.

Then again it's Van Gaal so maybe we'll see Blackett at CB and Mata at CM...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

No way Fellaini isn't starting. He's one of the dead certs. Blind and Carrick will also never play in midfield together.

ReputationRep:
    Did not know Ivan Gazidis starred in Fever Pitch with Colin Firth... :lol: That was a much simpler time, nostalgia is strong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Our play has been far too slow and lethargic this season and a Blind, Carrick, Fellaini midfield wouldn't help with that.

Then again it's Van Gaal so maybe we'll see Blackett at CB and Mata at CM...
    Playing players in their natural positions? Please, Mata on LW and Blackettbaur as CDM is LVG style
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    No way Fellaini isn't starting. He's one of the dead certs. Blind and Carrick will also never play in midfield together.
    I can easily see it happening in a big game. They've only been fit at the same time for about 3 games this season, where Blind had to cover for Shaw at LB, so Van Gaal hasn't had the chance to deploy them both together.

I'd happily see a Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini midfield trio with Blind at LB if Shaw isn't fit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I can easily see it happening in a big game. They've only been fit at the same time for about 3 games this season, where Blind had to cover for Shaw at LB, so Van Gaal hasn't had the chance to deploy them both together.

I'd happily see a Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini midfield trio with Blind at LB if Shaw isn't fit.
    Mate lets be honest you can field your under 18 team and would still win comfortably.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Think our team will be

De Gea
    Valencia Smalling Rojo Shaw/Blind
    Blind/Carrick
    Fellaini Herrera
    Di Maria Rooney Young

Adnan, Jones and Falcao all possibilities.

ReputationRep:
    Zurich running away from Twitter when Arsenal lose

https://twitter.com/UberCheIseaFC/st...409613825?s=09

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Zurich running away from Twitter when Arsenal lose

https://twitter.com/UberCheIseaFC/st...409613825?s=09
    That linesmen running for his life xD

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd are going down! Well I can hope can't I?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One can dream
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Think our team will be

De Gea
    Blind/Carrick
    Fellaini Herrera
    Di Maria Rooney Young

Don't want Falcrap anywhere near the pitch. Wilson would be a better choice for this game.

(Original post by Complex Simplicity)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Going down to Wembley after we beat Arsenal? Yeh i'd agree with that.

ReputationRep:
    Think our team will be

De Gea
    Blind/Carrick
    Fellaini Herrera
    Di Maria Rooney Young

To be honest, this next game may well show who has the better team, no injury crises on either of our teams part to use as an excuse, there's obviously home advantage but we normally have a strong away following, but the fact it's at OT could be used as an excuse.

Tbh that team doesn't really worry me, other than the fact that Di Maria works better out on wing under LVG's back to goal CAM set up, Rooney will inevitably score but Sanchez should be having a field day down that left wing facing Valencia and Di Maria, whilst Coq Ozil Rosicky/Cazorla probably just about has an edge over Blind/Carrick Herrera Fellaini offensively if not defensively. That midfied battle will be pretty interesting.

Young will probably destroy Bellerin and Ozil/Ox on the other wing though.

Will Ramsey be available or is he still iinjured, I've lost track of him and Wilshere?

ReputationRep:
    Amazing to see how far both teams have fallen in terms of quality compared even to the 2004/2005 squads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Amazing to see how far both teams have fallen in terms of quality compared even to the 2004/2005 squads.
    Is any of the PLs top teams bar City better now than in 2004/5? Granted Arsenal/United have had the biggest fall in quality.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, this next game may well show who has the better team, no injury crises on either of our teams part to use as an excuse, there's obviously home advantage but we normally have a strong away following, but the fact it's at OT could be used as an excuse.

Tbh that team doesn't really worry me, other than the fact that Di Maria works better out on wing under LVG's back to goal CAM set up, Rooney will inevitably score but Sanchez should be having a field day down that left wing facing Valencia and Di Maria, whilst Coq Ozil Rosicky/Cazorla probably just about has an edge over Blind/Carrick Herrera Fellaini offensively if not defensively. That midfied battle will be pretty interesting.

Young will probably destroy Bellerin and Ozil/Ox on the other wing though.

Will Ramsey be available or is he still iinjured, I've lost track of him and Wilshere?
    Ramsey is fit, Wilshere is still getting fitness back I think. Doubt he'll start...

I'd play Welbeck on Youngs side in front of Bellerin rather than Ox/Ozil, but that depends if we're gonna set up to counter or not (we should).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Ramsey is fit, Wilshere is still getting fitness back I think. Doubt he'll start...

I'd play Welbeck on Youngs side in front of Bellerin rather than Ox/Ozil, but that depends if we're gonna set up to counter or not (we should).
    I can't decide whether I'd rather Ox or Welbeck to start, normally I'd choose Ox, but Welbeck should be up for it tomorrow. If Ramsey's fit and starting we'll probably see neither, because Ramsey will probably play b2b which will shift either Ozil or Cazorla onto the wing

I don't think we necessarily have to go for the counter, United play an extremely slow game, if we play with high pressure we can easily take possession in their half, I'm feeling gradually more confident tbh, so the disappointment when we **** up will hurt even more

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.