Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Apparently we've had a bid rejected for Aubeyang.

Really wouldn't want us to fork out the alleged £28-30m on him. There's nothing he can do that Theo can't tbh, and he wouldn't be a major upgrade on any of our strikers. I'm sure we can get Lacazette for near that price?

An injury free squad would get us enough goals to win the league, I think the biggest question is if we can actually keep our squad fit this season.

I do have a feeling we will sign someone though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How much was the supposed bid though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shahdog)
    How much was the supposed bid though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    £28.7m, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    £28.7m, apparently.
    It would be worrying if Arsenal did bid more. I don't think we have any chance of Lacazette until after Euro 2016 so Benzema is our only option, as long as Ronaldo is chosen to play ST

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Out of Reus and Pedro, who would you guys prefer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Definitely Reus, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Neither.

There have been murmurs in the past... Make it happen Wengz.

ReputationRep:

Hector is so ****ing perfect. Everyone will come to realise just how beautiful he can be.

ReputationRep:
    I was one on the lacazette hype bandwagon but when you look at his stats in depth they aren't particularly staggering.

What the lazy journo's say: 29 goals in 35 games domestically

What they fail to mention if 10, yes TEN of those were penalties, leaving 19 in 35. Solid 1 in 2 striker but NONE of his goals were against teams in the top 7 I believe it was. So he is basically a French flat track bully, haven't we already got one of those?

Not saying I don't rate him, but his statistics are incredibly skewed distorting his actual ability. No way is he worth £30mil and he is happy where he is. For me right now it's Benzema or bust tbh

ReputationRep:
    Lacazette is on dat hype train, will probs go to Liverpool or someone of that ilk.

ReputationRep:
    Is this an actual question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    I was one on the lacazette hype bandwagon but when you look at his stats in depth they aren't particularly staggering.

What the lazy journo's say: 29 goals in 35 games domestically

What they fail to mention if 10, yes TEN of those were penalties, leaving 19 in 35. Solid 1 in 2 striker but NONE of his goals were against teams in the top 7 I believe it was. So he is basically a French flat track bully, haven't we already got one of those?

Not saying I don't rate him, but his statistics are incredibly skewed distorting his actual ability. No way is he worth £30mil and he is happy where he is. For me right now it's Benzema or bust tbh
    Interesting. Never realised he was a pen merchant.

Least he's not the pen/tap in merchant like Cristiano Ronaldo.

ReputationRep:
    Llorente to Real, hopefully means Benzema to us.

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd sum up the transfer market debrief, season on season, with my arsenal mates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Is this an actual question
    Yeah ofc it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Llorente to Real, hopefully means Benzema to us.
    Nah it means Llorente will be second choice at real, chichorita's returned to United

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Nah it means Llorente will be second choice at real, chichorita's returned to United
    They're moving Bale to striker...

ReputationRep:
    Painfully quiet atm. Think we may be waiting till the end of the window if we do sign anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Hector though, we've got Hector...

ReputationRep:
    Has to be Tom Ford

ReputationRep:
    Ford is back! Can't wait to see this thread flooded with "no homo" homoerotic convos between him and stefano about gains at the gym

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.