Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    jheez thats gonna be hard, thanks do u thinki the grade boundaries will likely go up or down for this year, i have a feeling itll go down by 2 or 3 marks genrally speaking
    I feel as if both will be the same as last year ... or a difference of 1 up or down for C2 .... again I have no clue. That's just based on the majority opinions that I have heard .... Remember It's based on the entire country not just a few folk on TSR

ReputationRep:
    How's everyones S1 revision going? ... or M1 or D1 depending on what you're doing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMathsMan)
    How's everyones S1 revision going? ... or M1 or D1 depending on what you're doing...
    I have started a thread about s1, so feel free to contribute to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sami.k)
    I have started a thread about s1, so feel free to contribute to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Link the thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    yhhh i agree, ill probs be retaking c2 too maybe, thanks for the help bro
    yeah most people resit just to boost ums or get an A at AS, if you continue with maths at A2, you will cover so much more trig in C3, so when it comes to resitting C2, you'll think to yourself "what was so hard about it!". but it happens to everyone, learning from your mistakes the first time round, will help you improve the second time around. core maths at AS will come naturally once you've done A2 so dont worry about it! just revise hard for S1 cos it's not good to resit that paper, you have to actually revise the whole syllabus thing, because its a stand lone module and has no link to core maths! best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    i was getting in the 60s for most of the c2 papers i did & i felt more than ready for it, but i ended up getting 45/75 I have a feeling they wil find a way of making the s1 paper harder than usual, c1 & c2 were both harder than before, in my opinion, s1 will probs be the same
    Are u still aiming for an A?

ReputationRep:
    After reading that good sir .... You have motivated me. Thank you for having the most accurate and clear comment in the entire section.

ANYONE READING THIS NEEDS TO TAKE NOTES FROM THIS AMAZING PERSON!! Good Luck
    aha thank you sir! just trying to be as honest as possible! and trying to make people realise that tsr only represents a small amount of students in comparison to the 20,000 sitting the paper. there will be people out there who have genuinely done very bad and equally 100's of people that have got over 95 UMS. just think about this for a second, a petition was made after last year's C2 edexcel exam, and the grade boundaries were still 60/75 for an A compared to 62/75 in june 2013. Just shows that people actually did better than they thought! Also I think it's a natural habit for students to come out of and focus so much on the bits they got wrong, which may only be small, but they big that part up so much in their minds that they forgot all the stuff that they got correct/all the questions they could answer!! (this is all personal opinion to anyone reading, so please don't take offence) good luck to you aswell!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domcandrews)
    yeah most people resit just to boost ums or get an A at AS, if you continue with maths at A2, you will cover so much more trig in C3, so when it comes to resitting C2, you'll think to yourself "what was so hard about it!". but it happens to everyone, learning from your mistakes the first time round, will help you improve the second time around. core maths at AS will come naturally once you've done A2 so dont worry about it! just revise hard for S1 cos it's not good to resit that paper, you have to actually revise the whole syllabus thing, because its a stand lone module and has no link to core maths! best of luck!
    thank u so much for explaining it clearly, im on tsr because of people like u, than ks a lot man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john123412)
    Are u still aiming for an A?
    yhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    thank u so much for explaining it clearly, im on tsr because of people like u, than ks a lot man
    No problem mate! Won't be able to help you with S1 as i'm not resitting it, but best of luck with it

ReputationRep:
    No problem mate! Won't be able to help you with S1 as i'm not resitting it, but best of luck with it
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    aha thank you sir! just trying to be as honest as possible! and trying to make people realise that tsr only represents a small amount of students in comparison to the 20,000 sitting the paper. there will be people out there who have genuinely done very bad and equally 100's of people that have got over 95 UMS. just think about this for a second, a petition was made after last year's C2 edexcel exam, and the grade boundaries were still 60/75 for an A compared to 62/75 in june 2013. Just shows that people actually did better than they thought! Also I think it's a natural habit for students to come out of and focus so much on the bits they got wrong, which may only be small, but they big that part up so much in their minds that they forgot all the stuff that they got correct/all the questions they could answer!! (this is all personal opinion to anyone reading, so please don't take offence) good luck to you aswell!!
    I'll be honest .. but I did that A LOT ... I thought that the part I got wrong was soooo big that I forgot about the things I got right ... I've moved on from that now so I'll just anticipate results day. Thank you again

ReputationRep:
    I'll be honest .. but I did that A LOT ... I thought that the part I got wrong was soooo big that I forgot about the things I got right ... I've moved on from that now so I'll just anticipate results day. Thank you again
    yeah exactly! can speculate for ages, but only results day will tell aha! no worries

ReputationRep:
    All the substitution crap ... no problem ... the only parts I can't stand are ... probability, partially normal distribution .. but I'm getting the hang of it .. and making mistakes on the figures that I put into formulas or enter into a calculator ... Argghhhhh So frustrating but good luck
    The word probability itself makes me grind my teeth >
    Haha! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I've made an s1 thread but so for no ones really spoken on it

It's called *Official Edexcel S1 2015 thread* and I'd really appreciate it if u could talk on it cz then I'll feel happier

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

It's called *Official Edexcel S1 2015 thread* and I'd really appreciate it if u could talk on it cz then I'll feel happier

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey could you link it onto here please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's already an existing one that is being used quite a lot here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3256639

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    There's already an existing one that is being used quite a lot here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3256639

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lainathiel)
    My teacher thinks they're gradually getting harder. Not sure what stats is going to be like: the questions generally seem to be quite consistent!
    Yes! I've seen that trend, too, after having sat fp1, c1 and c2.
    Hm.. Idk, tbh, I won't recommend doing Solomon Papers as: 1. They're not even by Edexcel - they were created when the new spec was released to give peeps who didn't have many past papers something to do and 2. Solomon papers didn't really help me with any of my math exams (#opinion #justsaying #hashtag)

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i'd really appreciate it if someone could help me, I got around 63 for c1 and 60-62 for c2. How many marks would I need in s1 to overall an A?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 15, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.