The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ab66)
    Spent the last hour looking through it all Which college will you be in?
    I'll be at Trinity! What made you decide to defer entry? I'm so excited I couldn't wait another year 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanW97)
    I'll be at Trinity! What made you decide to defer entry? I'm so excited I couldn't wait another year 😂
    I posted a bit before, but after having got winter pooled Queens' gave me a deferred offer, so it was either accept that or give up on cambridge altogether,

But it's worked out, I've got a job at a civil engineering firm so getting some experience and savings which will be useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ab66)
    I posted a bit before, but after having got winter pooled Queens' gave me a deferred offer, so it was either accept that or give up on cambridge altogether,

But it's worked out, I've got a job at a civil engineering firm so getting some experience and savings which will be useful
    That's good, I'm planning to take a year out for work experience part way through the course! I thought you said you were going to Homerton so I'm confused now haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanW97)
    That's good, I'm planning to take a year out for work experience part way through the course! I thought you said you were going to Homerton so I'm confused now haha
    Missed my offer from Queens - A* in further maths wasn't very likely. So got pooled again to Homerton this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ab66)
    Missed my offer from Queens - A* in further maths wasn't very likely. So got pooled again to Homerton this time.
    Oh that makes sense, pretty harsh offer though! My offer was A*A*A in maths, FM and physics in any order

(Original post by EnglishMuon)
    btw is this sock monkey thing legit? Cus if so I'd like Harambe wearing this tshirt please
    lolololol
    harambe art... look at my collage:
    Name:  C2.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  163.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Theres no point re-applying to any college unless you at least meet the typical requirement and ideally exceed it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the reply.
    Can I not resit some of the modules and reapply again next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)

XD I was tempted to do this but thought nah Ill get on with something else

How much stationery is too much for uni?

Stationery shopping is lit ngl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ab66)
    I got fished from the pool by Homerton!

Must be in the fairly unusual position of having applied for 2016 entry, then got fished by Queens' in the winter pool and offered 2017 entry, and then Homerton offering 2016 if I want it. (But letting me choose between that and 2017).

Just want to say thanks to jneill and Peterhouse Admissions for their help and replies, especially with regards to the pool.
    Thank you for the thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jkhan9625)
    Thanks for the reply.
    Can I not resit some of the modules and reapply again next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    1 or 2 module resits are ok, yes, but not more than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    How much stationery is too much for uni?

Stationery shopping is lit ngl
    Lol i could well get addicted to stocking up on H pencils but I'm planning on buying stuff there cus i thought it would be a little cheaper. Also saves carrying it all up with me

ReputationRep:
    So I kind of decided I just needed to block everything out to survive results day, but now it's sunk in...

I got in! A*s in Psych and Maths, As in Bio and FM.

It doesn't feel real yet... anyone else feel the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mostly_Crazy)
    So I kind of decided I just needed to block everything out to survive results day, but now it's sunk in...

I feel the same man, hasn't sunk in at all. It's been my dream for years and now it's actually a reality 😂 my mums been praying all morning

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by EnglishMuon)
    Lol i could well get addicted to stocking up on H pencils but I'm planning on buying stuff there cus i thought it would be a little cheaper. Also saves carrying it all up with me
    I'm buying the essentials over here, so I'll take pens, paper and folders with me. If I need anything else, I'll buy them over there..

I need to minimise what I take and bring back because I might be using the train

ReputationRep:

Congratulations.

Congrats! Looks like you won't be going crazy after all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Congrats! Looks like you won't be going crazy after all
    Well, if I'm not already, that is...

I'm guessing you got in too? Since success seems to be proportional to number of posts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsIP2016)
    You never know until you've tried - there's nothing wrong with a little bit of ambition

(Your UMS for Physics is the same as mine so I would like to think they would accept you Also the fact that we took Edexcel Physics in the first place should be an extenuating circumstance :rofl:)
    You NatScis are so nice! I had an extensive discussion with samb1234 yesterday and it's gotten me excited to apply!

Hahahaha I'm sure Zacken and physicsmaths can relate as well. :rofl: Zacken was the closest amongst us, missing it by 5 UMS. :cry:

Well, if I'm not already, that is...

I'm guessing you got in too? Since success seems to be proportional to number of posts...
    Yeah

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.