Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Definitely worth watching simply for the part at 0:32

ReputationRep:
    Former Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon compares Jose Mourinho to Adolf Hitler

"You can have millions of fans cheering for you, but Hitler was also acclaimed by millions of people before he took a tumble,"

"I feel sorry for Madrid and Florentino. Yesterday [during the announcement that Valdano will leave Madrid] I had the sensation of seeing a student who didn't know the lesson taking a primary exam," he added.

"They talked so much about dysfunction that they may as well of been talking about erectile dysfunction. It reflects a pathetic picture. It was like seeing a corpse in search of a coffin."

The former club supremo could not resist taking another dig at Perez at the end of the interview, mocking the amount of trophies the club have won with the current CEO in charge.

"We must not bury our heads into the sand. Madrid's Florentino Perez have won the same amount of trophies as Betis, Zaragoza and Espanyol in his five years in office,"

:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    lol ill be surprised if jose is still at madrid next season

ReputationRep:
    It was either him or Valdano, and Perez chose Mou.

Mourinho will be there next season.

ReputationRep:
    Coentrao has said that if he's to leave Benfica it'll only be to go to Real Madrid, meaning he has ruled out a move to Bayern. He's stupid, Real have Marcelo, which would probably mean Coentrao would spend the majority of the time on the bench. But he seems rather keen to go and be with his friends in Madrid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Coentrao has said that if he's to leave Benfica it'll only be to go to Real Madrid, meaning he has ruled out a move to Bayern. He's stupid, Real have Marcelo, which would probably mean Coentrao would spend the majority of the time on the bench. But he seems rather keen to go and be with his friends in Madrid!
    Atleast he won't be going to Liverpool now

One of my two favourite players at the world cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    Atleast he won't be going to Liverpool now

One of my two favourite players at the world cup.
    Haha, my thoughts exactly! I'm guessing you have a dislike for Liverpool? I rather him stay at Benfica than go there! It still kills me seeing Meireles in a Liverpool shirt! And Maxi! As i was a huge fan of Maxi when he was at Atleti...same could be said for Torres too. Also, Liverpool better not be getting Mata! I like him at Valencia but if he's going to leave..let it be anywhere but to Liverpool!

Who was the other player?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Haha, my thoughts exactly! I'm guessing you have a dislike for Liverpool? I rather him stay at Benfica than go there! It still kills me seeing Meireles in a Liverpool shirt! And Maxi! As i was a huge fan of Maxi when he was at Atleti...same could be said for Torres too. Also, Liverpool better not be getting Mata! I like him at Valencia but if he's going to leave..let it be anywhere but to Liverpool!

Who was the other player?
    yep, i support Man United, so that dislike comes natural. Are benfica going to be in europa lge/champions lge next year. He might want to move to play in the champions league, and i imagine his wages aren't that much at Benfica.

Maxi is great, i loved watching him at the 2006 world cup, and when he came to liverpool his career never took off, maybe due to hodgson's tactics and not picking him more e.t.c but under dalglish it's like he's had a new lease of life and is going back to his form of 4 years ago which is great to see. It will be funny if torres eventually gets sold back to Atletico.

The other player was Suarez. I can forgive him for the handball vs ghana, because in the other matches he was great and i loved watching him.

Liverpool have a good team, which will be challenging for the title with 1/2 more signings. Mata is a great little player, reminds me of iniesta. I loved this skill that he did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    yep, i support Man United, so that dislike comes natural. Are benfica going to be in europa lge/champions lge next year. He might want to move to play in the champions league, and i imagine his wages aren't that much at Benfica.

Maxi is great, i loved watching him at the 2006 world cup, and when he came to liverpool his career never took off, maybe due to hodgson's tactics and not picking him more e.t.c but under dalglish it's like he's had a new lease of life and is going back to his form of 4 years ago which is great to see. It will be funny if torres eventually gets sold back to Atletico.

The other player was Suarez. I can forgive him for the handball vs ghana, because in the other matches he was great and i loved watching him.

Liverpool have a good team, which will be challenging for the title with 1/2 more signings. Mata is a great little player, reminds me of iniesta. I loved this skill that he did
    Ha, well you have every reason to dislike them then Benfica are in the CL. Last game of the season, the way he left the pitch was the way a guy leaves and never returns. Pretty much crying, waving to all the fans, placing his hand on the Benfica badge on his chest to show it's in his heart, so it does seem very likely he'll go, just it seems like he has narrowed it to Real which seems rather silly. I'd welcome him with open arms at Porto though..ha!

Yeah, i like Atleti..they're the team in Spain who i've seemed to have found a soft spot for when they got promoted in 2002 and still this many years on i want to see them do well. So when Maxi left i was gutted and more so it was Liverpool who he went to and as you pointed out..it didn't quite start off too well for him which i was more gutted about, but now it is great to see him getting back to how he used to be, just it's a shame it's helping out Liverpool!

Ah, Mata, awesome skill by him. One of my favourite Spanish player, along with Navas!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm I wonder which terrible deals Juventus will no doubt get over this transfer market? I'm thinking maybe adebayor (they'll pay like £25M) and Mathijsen sounds like a good bet, as they have a knack of ruining seemingly good defenders

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Former Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon compares Jose Mourinho to Adolf Hitler

"You can have millions of fans cheering for you, but Hitler was also acclaimed by millions of people before he took a tumble,"

"I feel sorry for Madrid and Florentino. Yesterday [during the announcement that Valdano will leave Madrid] I had the sensation of seeing a student who didn't know the lesson taking a primary exam," he added.

"They talked so much about dysfunction that they may as well of been talking about erectile dysfunction. It reflects a pathetic picture. It was like seeing a corpse in search of a coffin."

The former club supremo could not resist taking another dig at Perez at the end of the interview, mocking the amount of trophies the club have won with the current CEO in charge.

"We must not bury our heads into the sand. Madrid's Florentino Perez have won the same amount of trophies as Betis, Zaragoza and Espanyol in his five years in office,"

:laugh:
    I totally agree with Calderon on Mourinho. You see what this man does...............huh.......... .....ANTI-FOOTBALL. He uses ANTI-FOOTBALL to win games not like my beautiful beautiful Barcelona. They win with class and respect of beautiful football not ANTI-FOOTBALL. The naysayers might say he led Madrid to the highest goal scored in the league but I say that those goals don't count. Yep, Real Madrid really scored 0 goals the whole season because the fake goals they did don't count because 89 passes didn't come before the goal. Calderon and I are very alike, not because we are unemployed but because we know Mourinho is the worst thing to happen to planet Earth. Just last week I had my aluminum foil hat on ready for the rapture but that evil Mourinho must have done something to stop it. He knew he would be punished in the afterlife because he is ANTI-FOOTBALL while I would be welcomed at the pearly white gates because of the beautiful football I created.........I created.
    :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Victor Valdes will be wearing a retro-style shirt in tribute to the Barcelona team that lifted their first European Cup at Wembley in 1992.

The goalkeeper is expected to start with a military-green shirt with black stripes on the shoulders, similar to the one worn by former goalkeeper Andoni Zubizarreta in the final.

Barca :adore:

Abidal ffs :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona Parade:

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/engli...n_directe.html

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to Barcelona, and what is absolutely frightening is that had Inter Milan not beaten them last year, this could have been Barcelona's 5th European Cup win and their third consecutive. That just shows how good they really are. I'd happily put money on them becoming the first team to defend their crown next season.

When Puyol came on, I fully expected him to lift the crown but to allow Abidal to lift the trophy is symbolic to what the club Barcelona is all about. I don't know whether it was done beforehand or but nice touch. Abidal was mouthing something as he lifted the trophy, "FAMO!"?.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Abidal was mouthing something as he lifted the trophy, "FAMO!"?.
    I'm presuming he said "vamos" which means come on or lets go, along those lines anyway.

I hear Barca wanna buy another forward, there is talks of Rossi or Sanchez, both players have had great seasons and would be pretty good signings imo. Though maybe not great career moves for the players' behalf...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dosvidaniya)
    I'm presuming he said "vamos" which means come on or lets go, along those lines anyway.

I hear Barca wanna buy another forward, there is talks of Rossi or Sanchez, both players have had great seasons and would be pretty good signings imo. Though maybe not great career moves for the players' behalf...
    Rossi is a likely choice.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching Coppa Italian Final? Samuel Eto'o is the biggest big game player ever. Always delivers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Rossi is a likely choice.
    Seems the most probable signing, though I prefer Sanchez as a player. He's got terrific feet and a real burst of pace, works hard too which is needed in a Barca team. Rossi is a good player too though, very good technique and probably a better goalscorer.

I just hope Ibra comes to the prem with Man City too, it'd be hilarious seeing Balotelli (assuming he's staying) and Ibra in the same team, that would be too much ego for one strikeforce to handle.

ReputationRep:
    So Spurs are trying to sign Leandrao Damiao. Has anyone who watches Brazilian football seen much of him?

Reckon he can be the striker that Tottenham desperately need to put away the chances that Bale and Lennon provide.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.