Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm exactly in the same situation as you! i do think it would be worth emailing in but I'm not so sure as there are quite a few people who are like 8 or 9 weeks into their 5 week email.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! Did you get an email around Dec. 20th regarding the Christmas break??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceKidd)
    just got an email saying my application is still under consideration and to add two weeks to the dealine they said. from what they said, it looks like i wont hear till the new year
    Same here! What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smile:D)
    Congrats , surprising they give out offers on Sundays!
    Thanks!

I got the offer a month ago! Just didn't post, didn't see the thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracelich)
    Must be one of the first people to get an offer on Sunday! Well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got the offer a month ago, just didn't post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshHardman)
    Got the offer a month ago, just didn't post
    Ahh ok, well done though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pranatirao)
    Congrats! Did you get an email around Dec. 20th regarding the Christmas break??
    Got an email on 21st Dec telling me to add 2 weeks to my wait time. So, looks like I'll hear something on 30th Jan or before. I've applied for straight History, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got an email on December 20th - the 'we need more time to assess a candidate of your calibre' one - so I'm guessing they're just waiting for everyone to apply and they'll start to be more decisive after the UCAS deadline. Hopefully should hear by the end of January. I applied for straight History, and after Cambridge pooling this and UCL are the next things to worry about!

My only slight concern (apart from getting in when they only accept like 40 people) is the social aspect; I've heard it isn't great in LSE, especially compared to UCL. Obviously academia is the priority but when you are comparing such top unis that you need to stay at for 3 years it is something which is a minor issue but I'm sure it's nonexistent and I've simply seen the negative opinions (which are normally the only ones to be voiced) contrary to the hopefully positive reports from students there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robcfunnell)
    I got an email on December 20th - the 'we need more time to assess a candidate of your calibre' one - so I'm guessing they're just waiting for everyone to apply and they'll start to be more decisive after the UCAS deadline. Hopefully should hear by the end of January. I applied for straight History, and after Cambridge pooling this and UCL are the next things to worry about!

My only slight concern (apart from getting in when they only accept like 40 people) is the social aspect; I've heard it isn't great in LSE, especially compared to UCL. Obviously academia is the priority but when you are comparing such top unis that you need to stay at for 3 years it is something which is a minor issue but I'm sure it's nonexistent and I've simply seen the negative opinions (which are normally the only ones to be voiced) contrary to the hopefully positive reports from students there
    I've applied for history too, yeah I've heard that and it does concern me a bit, especially considering I'll be paying a premium there anyway for accommodation.

Good luck with the pool btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robcfunnell)

I've spoken, directly and indirectly, to a few LSE students who all enjoy the social aspect. It's what you make of it, so if you want a social side I'm sure you can have one. One of the halls (Carr-Saunders) is right next to UCL. I'm sure there's a bit of banter between LSE and the UCL hall that's nearby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smile:D)
    I've applied for history too, yeah I've heard that and it does concern me a bit, especially considering I'll be paying a premium there anyway for accommodation.

Good luck with the pool btw
    Good luck History applicants!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll be withdrawing my application from LSE as soon as my Cambridge and Imperial offers come through on UCAS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    I'll be withdrawing my application from LSE as soon as my Cambridge and Imperial offers come through on UCAS
    Someone's confident....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Someone's confident....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're not speculative!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Someone's confident....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's already got them lol

(Original post by CD315)
    They're not speculative!
    How do you feel about meeting the Camb offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    A lot better than I had expected - I was expecting S,1 but got 1,1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    He's already got them lol

Ooops! My bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    A lot better than I had expected - I was expecting S,1 but got 1,1.
    I guess it's because it's your first time applying

ReputationRep:
    Got an email on 21st Dec telling me to add 2 weeks to my wait time. So, looks like I'll hear something on 30th Jan or before. I've applied for straight History, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sociology!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.