Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    PFO from Irwin Mitchell
    Absolutely gutted and heartbroken 😔
    I spent such a long time on that application + preparing for video interview 😔
    Well it was not meant to be, for the second time again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    I know what you mean - although I have a number of deadlines this week and 2 in March - this process seems to never end! Congrats on your offers though - they are very good firms!
    Sadly they don't take that many trainees so it's not too secure but I do really love the firms so will just have to see - and to be far, the small number of trainees is a big reason why I like them so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    Sadly they don't take that many trainees so it's not too secure but I do really love the firms so will just have to see - and to be far, the small number of trainees is a big reason why I like them so much!
    You have still done really well to get a VS with them - gives you more of an opportunity to build rapport with those that work at the firm I'm sure you'll do well - I, on the hand, have had a flurry of rejections! rather disheartening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutegirl15)
    PFO from Irwin Mitchell
    Absolutely gutted and heartbroken
    I spent such a long time on that application + preparing for video interview
    Well it was not meant to be, for the second time again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, sorry it's their loss! do you mind if I ask when you did the video interview? I'm totally expecting a PFO - mine video interview went so badly!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from:

Taylor Wessing
    Charles Russell Speechlys
    Watson Farley Williams
    Wilsons
    Withers
    Wedlake Bell

?!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, sorry it's their loss! do you mind if I ask when you did the video interview? I'm totally expecting a PFO - mine video interview went so badly!

I completed my video interview on the 8th of Feb.

This is what they said in my PFO email:

Unfortunately, due to the large amount of interviews undertaken, we are unable to give individual feedback at this stage. However, we have found that many applicants are unsuccessful due to some of the following reasons:

- Not fully prepared for the interview;
    - Unable to answer the questions;
    - Not enough detail provided in their responses.

Therefore, we would recommend that you self-reflect on the interview and undertake some practice interviews that may assist you in future interviews.

ReputationRep:

Unfortunately, due to the large amount of interviews undertaken, we are unable to give individual feedback at this stage. However, we have found that many applicants are unsuccessful due to some of the following reasons:

Therefore, we would recommend that you self-reflect on the interview and undertake some practice interviews that may assist you in future interviews.
    Which office/stream did you apply to? Sorry for the many questions

I probably seemed very unprepared because I panicked - I did see a few posts about people not thinking it went as well as they'd liked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawwwwwwwwgal)
    Has anyone heard from:

Taylor Wessing
    Charles Russell Speechlys
    Watson Farley Williams
    Wilsons
    Withers
    Wedlake Bell

?!
    I haven't heard from Charles Russell Speechlys either. A friend of mine was invited to do some online tests last week though.

ReputationRep:
    Which office/stream did you apply to? Sorry for the many questions

I probably seemed very unprepared because I panicked - I did see a few posts about people not thinking it went as well as they'd liked
    London PLS

ReputationRep:
    What does White and Case mean by "if your circumstances change please do not hesitate to contact us"

ReputationRep:

Sorry to hear that! Expecting to get mine any minute now. Not an entirely helpful email from them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScroogeHumbug)
    What does White and Case mean by "if your circumstances change please do not hesitate to contact us"
    If you accept vac schemes elsewhere - please withdraw from us, In short lol

ReputationRep:
    Got a PFO from Irwin Mitchell as well, which I was definitely expecting. More pleased the wait is over than sad I didn't get it to be honest ... I knew I hadn't done myself justice.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't heard from Withers yet. I think someone earlier in the thread might have had an interview invite.

ReputationRep:
    Also PFO'd by IM. Strange as I thought the interview went better than a lot of the first round interviews I've previously had success with.

Just reaffirms that 'how did your interview go' is such a pointless question!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone end up hearing from Olswang post interview today? I thought today was when we were finding out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    x
    Slightly odd question, but does TC recruitment/interviews typically run through to September?

I'm done with vac schemes by the end of July, but just wondering when would be safe to do a bit of travelling/holidaying before starting final year.

ReputationRep:
    London PLS
    It seems they are replying to PLS first? Not heard of any BLS people hearing back

(Original post by ULawAJ)
    Got a PFO from Irwin Mitchell as well, which I was definitely expecting. More pleased the wait is over than sad I didn't get it to be honest ... I knew I hadn't done myself justice.
    (Original post by rxi)
    Also PFO'd by IM. Strange as I thought the interview went better than a lot of the first round interviews I've previously had success with.

Just reaffirms that 'how did your interview go' is such a pointless question!
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    Sorry to hear that! Expecting to get mine any minute now. Not an entirely helpful email from them!
    Which office/stream you apply to?

@rxi and ULawAJ, do you mind if I ask when you submitted your video interview?

ReputationRep:
    It seems they are replying to PLS first? Not heard of any BLS people hearing back

Which office/stread you apply to?

@rxi and ULawAJ, do you mind if I ask when you submitted your video interview?
    London, BLS. Submitted it Monday 16th.

ReputationRep:
    Olswang vac scheme offer !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.