Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got acknowledgement from St. Catherine's yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longsightdon)
    Yeah! I was pretty surprised too haha and yeah it is fantastic. Is it harder to get into ChCh because its so popular? Thats what my teacher said so was wondering if this was true or not.
    It might be more difficult to get into ChCh. However, regardless where you apply to, if you are good enough for Oxford you'll get a place.

Oxford system works in a way that all colleges cooperate, so that you'll receive a place in any of them. Therefore, if you apply to ChCh it won't be more difficult to get into Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MouseyBrown)
    Yeah me too! It all still feels a bit weird cause Oxford and LSE can't really reject me yet. Once I have sat the HAT and got the 8 week email I reckon it's all gonna get a bit serious.
    I'm waiting on LSE too! Recieved my 8 week email last week, very tense haha, just preparing for the HAT now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janinns)
    I believe so. Magdalen seems opened and academically very well based with 4 permanent tutors.
    Are you currently studying law at Magdalene?
    Magdalen* (Magdalene is at the other place.. *shudders*)

I am, yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skhuller)
    YES finally someone else applying to Balliol! What course are you applying for?
    Law, what about you? I know, Balliol applicants seem few and far between (not really complaining though )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skhuller)
    Got an acknowledgement email from them today... so eager to get TSA done so we can all just start getting rejections/interviews already. Good luck with your course!
    Thanks! Got an acknowledgement email from Trinity today! I'm the same, just want to get the HAT over with and find out whether they want to interview me or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    I'm waiting on LSE too! Recieved my 8 week email last week, very tense haha, just preparing for the HAT now
    Me too! Received it a couple of days ago

ReputationRep:
    Received an acknowledgement from Pembroke yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Msachdeva789)
    I'm not too bad with Q1, i usually get around 28-32 marks, for me, question 5 and 7 seem tough, while 6 is always my favourite. What are you getting in the papers on average?
    Well, i usually get from 4 to 6 MCQ's wrong .
    Then the last part of Question 5 and 7.
    Other than that it's mostly good.
    (Not sure how many marks each question is worth).

So what about you?
    How many past papers have you done?
    what are you averaging?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from New college?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email from St Johns confirming my application, anybody else get one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCalver)
    Just got an email from St Johns confirming my application, anybody else get one?
    I got an email from Oxford university a while back confirming I had applied, and the college i applied to would email me shortly, havent receieved that second email yet.

ReputationRep:
    Who has applied for Materials Science???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCalver)
    I did too, a few hours ago.

ReputationRep:
    Got my acknowledgement e-mail from Lincoln college a couple of hours ago!

ReputationRep:
    I applied to St John's but I still haven't got my acknowledgement email :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone from Worcester received their acknowledgement email?

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed I made a mistake in my PS. I put "and and" when I should've just put "and". I didn't notice this before and have noticed it when reading through my PS on UCAS Track. Will this be an issue for Oxford/LSE? I also said 'epoch making' rather than 'epoch-making'. Are these going to be a problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janinns)
    Hello there. Nice to hear from you. I am applying for law (BA 3 year course). What about you?
    Law with French Law! It's nice to meet a fellow Magdalen lawyer hopeful
    I imagine you also got their acknowledgement email this morning.
    Can I ask which subjects you're taking and what your predicted grades are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caitlan)
    Yay, law at Magdalen is the best choice possible
    Great! I take it you're studying there, congrats I'm applying for the Law with French law course.
    Can I ask if you know anything about the interview process for testing the language skills? From what I understand, any student applying for the Law with Law studies in Europe course (except for the one in the Netherlands) has an extra language interview.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.