Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikolaT)
    Don't be surprised by inconsistencies in rankings. There are contradictions amongst all rankings, pretty much. QS will paint a different picture to Shanghai, THE, CUG and GUG will all say something different. They all measure different things differently. Domestic rankings usually take into account things like student satisfaction, whereas international ones don't. This is probably why Manchester doesn't fair well. International rankings probably look at things like reputation more - which is why some universities like KCL always perform better in them than domestic rankings.
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Where's it placed?
    Ah okay!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    32nd

ReputationRep:
    I have admitted at MSPE program at illinois urbana champaign and Msc Behavioural and economics science. I confused what i should take, opinion pleaseeee. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering does anyone know whether the masters econ degree programmes at Oxbridge or LSE are more or less competitive than their respective undergrad degrees?

ReputationRep:
    Less competitive in terms of the number of applicants. However you'll probably need a first from decent university to get in, so it's not necessarily easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham City is great for university give it some serious consideration for sure

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys my name is Matty Bigland you can call me Mr big i take economics any tips on how to become an accountant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrbigstiff)
    Hello guys my name is Matty Bigland you can call me Mr big i take economics any tips on how to become an accountant?
    An accountancy degree or grad scheme!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazza'sNightmare)
    who cares about real world application. Abstract group theory is what the world really needs
    Chingle hall awaits. Iktsuarpok Iktsuarpok Iktsuarpok

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got through here with adjustment?

I completely forgot to apply here but want to apply during my results and when I get it. Is there a chance that there will be space this year and they will give me an offer?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeAndLennie)

I completely forgot to apply here but want to apply during my results and when I get it. Is there a chance that there will be space this year and they will give me an offer?
    Oh, yeah. I used adjustment to get into Earth - I'm originally from Mars you see.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Oh, yeah. I used adjustment to get into Earth - I'm originally from Mars you see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I used to clearing to get into your mum.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I used to clearing to get into your mum.
    Ah, standard. I'm only getting accustomed to your (meager attempts of banter) earthly ways. Please, advise me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Ah, standard. I'm only getting accustomed to your (meager attempts of banter) earthly ways. Please, advise me.
    Banter?

I used it to get inside.

Lol.

ReputationRep:

Unless you have already applied to university through UCAS this year, you will not be able to apply through adjustment/clearing at all. If however you have made an application through ucas for a different course this year you may be able to apply through clearing/adjustment however you will need a good explanation for the reason of your sudden change in mind. Only other thing to do is go to your firm choice and switch departments once you're there. Good luck!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizzsnazzter)
    Unless you have already applied to university through UCAS this year, you will not be able to apply through adjustment/clearing at all. If however you have made an application through ucas for a different course this year you may be able to apply through clearing/adjustment however you will need a good explanation for the reason of your sudden change in mind. Only other thing to do is go to your firm choice and switch departments once you're there. Good luck!
    I think they were referring to a specific uni and assumed this was the thread for that uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizzsnazzter)
    What are you on about?
    Of course I can do adjustment even I applied through UCAS :/

ReputationRep:
    What are you on about?
    Of course I can do adjustment even I applied through UCAS :/
    This is the general economics applicants page, not a particular uni one, you haven't really been clear which university you want to get into through adjustment

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is the general economics applicants page, not a particular uni one, you haven't really been clear which university you want to get into through adjustment

Posted from TSR Mobile
    City Uni

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yea but university dnt mind thede thing they accept anyway bcoz of results

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiatorsword)
    Yea but university dnt mind thede thing they accept anyway bcoz of results

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't get a word.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.