Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    YYHHH i got that!!

(Original post by sophiewei)
    Same. Because in the question is said tick one or a combination of the boxes. And the one they give you is cis. So the first one i drew was cis but an optical isomer of the one they give. And second one i drew the trans with h2o at 180 degrees

ReputationRep:
    From 65 for the A a few years back, to 82 this year

(Original post by Beta14)
    For the first one i wrote both cis and optical and second i wrote trans
    Yah that's what I did (drew them the other way round though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aegonsconquest)
    If i were a betting man, this would be the boundaries I'd bet on:

100-98; Max
    90-92: A*
    82-80: A
    74-72: B
    66-64: C

Agree? quote this with a yes.
    Disagree? quote your reason and suggestion for boundaries?
    Won't be 82 for an A. That's just too harsh. And it won't be 90 for an A*. Just look up last years grade boundaries and add +1 for every grade and that's what it'll be imo. Although some people think it'll go down by 6 marks (wishful thinking lol). It'll be close to last years, + or - 1 either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rust Cohle)
    From 65 for the A a few years back, to 82 this year
    The 65 was Jan 2011, the first paper. A new specification. It was practically guaranteed low grade boundaries because it's difficult to know what questions to expect. As there are more and more past papers - student have more and more resources (and questions repeat) thus dragging the grade boundaries up. Hypothetical scenario if 2015 was the first paper of the new specification, it'd probably also be 65 for an A. Instead it was 79.

ReputationRep:
    for the acidic or alkaline question, i fount conc of H+ to be 10^-7, and use that to find the conc of OH-, it was 9.311x10^-7 something, and then i compared them and said conc of OH- is more than conc of H+, therefore it's alkaline, is that not how it works ??

ReputationRep:
    Thats what i wrote too and in the book too so im guessing it must be right

(Original post by anndz3007)
    for the acidic or alkaline question, i fount conc of H+ to be 10^-7, and use that to find the conc of OH-, it was 9.311x10^-7 something, and then i compared them and said conc of OH- is more than conc of H+, therefore it's alkaline, is that not how it works ??

ReputationRep:
    I think I got a nice C or B overall in Chemistry. Gonna flip if I got a D or lower

ReputationRep:
    F.I.S.H

F*** It S*** Happens!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aegonsconquest)
    If i were a betting man, this would be the boundaries I'd bet on:

100-98; Max
    90-92: A*
    82-80: A
    74-72: B
    66-64: C

Agree? quote this with a yes.
    Disagree? quote your reason and suggestion for boundaries?

if you ask me; I myself made a ton of silly mistakes, so I think the difficulty of the paper was slightly the same as last years', if not- a tiny bit harder. But, my opinion cant compare to the masses, so judging from everyone's reactions, the paper was easier than last years'.
    Disagree. Made lots of silly mistakes as well but I thought it was harder than last year's paper by a tiny bit. I really need an A so I hope grade boundaries are low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioStudentx)
    The 65 was Jan 2011, the first paper. A new specification. It was practically guaranteed low grade boundaries because it's difficult to know what questions to expect. As there are more and more past papers - student have more and more resources (and questions repeat) thus dragging the grade boundaries up. Hypothetical scenario if 2015 was the first paper of the new specification, it'd probably also be 65 for an A. Instead it was 79.
    Not just that but the old papers also used to be 1 hour and 45 minutes as opposed to the 2 hours we have now.

That said, I still feel the boundaries will be a bit lower than last year. I say that having sat both papers as my exam and without wishful thinking (I reckon I got over 80 anyway so I'm not too fussed).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beta14)
    Thats what i wrote too and in the book too so im guessing it must be right
    where in the book ??, cus i saw some comment saying it's acidic and i dont get why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mh0133)
    It was CuO10H4C4
    I forgot the carbon :facepalm: Out of ALL the questions, I just had to get that one wrong. How many other silly mistakes must I have done??? :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, as the pH was 7 conc H+ must be 10^-7 Then kw= concH+*ConcOH-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    I forgot the carbon :facepalm: Out of ALL the questions, I just had to get that one wrong. How many other silly mistakes must I have done??? :afraid:
    Dont worry, others will make the same mistake. can be difficult to spot carbons with skeletal sometimes. Hopefully they'll be generous enough to give 1/2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cr7alwayz)
    Disagree. Made lots of silly mistakes as well but I thought it was harder than last year's paper by a tiny bit. I really need an A so I hope grade boundaries are low.
    I thought it was the same tier difficulty as last years tbh. ( last year had a few tricky Qs too)

But I think getting an A will deffo require 80+/100 we can agree on that! Right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiemckkk)
    was the water at 60c alkaline/acidic??
    alkaline.

ReputationRep:
    Page 146 at the bottom, because [OH-] value was greater than [H+] so it was alkali obviously

where in the book ??, cus i saw some comment saying it's acidic and i dont get why

ReputationRep:
    What value did people get for the enthalpy change of hydration of SO4 2-?

ReputationRep:
    i got acidic as i assumed that H+ was approximately equal to OH- using the KW at 60 to work out H+ then pH came out at 6.5 => acidic

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.