Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

• Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    You don't like the emoticons :bawling:

It's not really anything to do with history though..

I can see what you mean, Victorian times weren't that exciting though that may be because it's been visited many times
    I didn't say I don't like them. With Caitlin I did whole songs in smileys.

Someone understands what i'm saying? :eek:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :woo:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    Haha okay I believe you :yes: You should have seen my reaction to another user who forgot :rofl: You got off easy

It was :awesome: I like these darker episodes, one of the best in a long time :yes: Into the Dalek Vs Deep Breath?

I need to see your sig! Where are the gifs? :gah: You should totally get that, that slap :rofl:

I'm sure we'll see more of her :yep: She reminds me of River Song ..
    :phew: sos for the late reply! i went to eat! see! today i held off eating so i could watch doctor who! (i hope im forgiven now! )

oh dear!!!!! have they learned their lesson?

yeah!!! the whole inside the dalek is such a dark concept in itself! ive never actually imagined that! i always assumed it was like an armour for it!

hmm! deffo into the dalek! i liked the whole concept of a good dalek! its odd! and when it said its founf the truth! :rofl: its seemed like such a delicate creature! i drew fond of rusty! :daydreaming:

i did really like deep breath! it really opened up the whole character of the doctor!!! im sooo loving Capaldi! he is soo not a disappointment! :woo:

ahhaha!!!! my sig lool!!! i really want that gif! someone make it please! :gah:

she does remind me of river!!!! i really wanna know who she is!!! :holmes:

i like her character but soo mysterious!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unibuster325)
    I just found his Doctor too serious and I didn't feel there was enough comedy. Although I enjoyed him more at the time.
    Genuinely I think his is the funniest since the reboot. Deadpan done to perfection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    Genuinely I think his is the funniest since the reboot. Deadpan done to perfection.
    I agree I thought he was the funniest, but David Tennant remains in my heart.
    I completely adored that man.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I liked Capaldi more in that episode and the storyline was good.

ReputationRep:
    Was everyone else watching a different episode? I found the latest one dull and clichéd - how many last stands are there going to be? Additionally I didn't care about the Dalek attacking the humans because you didn't care about the boss (I think they shoehorned in the fact that he was an Uncle to try and generate sympathy for him potentially dying) - compare this to Ross is the Sontartan attack, you felt something with his death.

ReputationRep:
    The Dr doesn't seem that concerned about deaths either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingStannis)
    The Dr doesn't seem that concerned about deaths either.
    I agree. I have a feeling that this Heaven stuff might link to this. A collection of all the people who have died through the Doctor's actions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yoghurt)
    I agree. I have a feeling that this Heaven stuff might link to this. A collection of all the people who have died through the Doctor's actions.
    Good idea! The thing the monsters always do to the Dr is try to expose his guilt about how many people have died because of him.

ReputationRep:
    I have a theory - more of an instinct, that Missy is going to be (or at the very least have something to do with) River Song, that heaven is some version of the computer that she is "saved into"

Thats my instinct, could be totally wrong, any advances?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    I have a theory - more of an instinct, that Missy is going to be (or at the very least have something to do with) River Song, that heaven is some version of the computer that she is "saved into"

Thats my instinct, could be totally wrong, any advances?
    That was one of my ideas - the other idea I had was that she's the clone of the doctor

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cupcakes87)
    :phew: sos for the late reply! i went to eat! see! today i held off eating so i could watch doctor who! (i hope im forgiven now! )

oh dear!!!!! have they learned their lesson?

yeah!!! the whole inside the dalek is such a dark concept in itself! ive never actually imagined that! i always assumed it was like an armour for it!

hmm! deffo into the dalek! i liked the whole concept of a good dalek! its odd! and when it said its founf the truth! :rofl: its seemed like such a delicate creature! i drew fond of rusty! :daydreaming:

i did really like deep breath! it really opened up the whole character of the doctor!!! im sooo loving Capaldi! he is soo not a disappointment! :woo:

ahhaha!!!! my sig lool!!! i really want that gif! someone make it please! :gah:

she does remind me of river!!!! i really wanna know who she is!!! :holmes:

i like her character but soo mysterious!!!!
    Pre reboot it was just a suit of armour since the first doc once hid in a Dalek unit in a museum but its likely the Time War made the Daleks get upgraded as pre war they could be beaten by conventional weapons sometimes and now have shields etc.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    That was one of the best episodes I've seen, better than most of series 7 and so far of series 8 Really enjoyed an actual adventure rather than brooding about, reminds me of series 5, especially the Vampires of Venice episode.

Mark Gatiss can write brilliant episodes:congrats:

:daydreaming: Eeeeeeeeeeeee ehehehehehhe squee loved it
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    :daydreaming: Eeeeeeeeeeeee ehehehehehhe squee loved it
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She lives :woo:

Better than I expected. :yep: This series has been great so far.

ReputationRep:
    I was very pleasantly surprised by that. Definitely better than most of the S7 episodes. Reminded me of the Robin Hood TV series, can't think why though :rolleyes:.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    It was okay, not great but not awful. Trailer for next week looks terrifying. Luckily I've got the bf over next weekend to snuggle up to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getfunky!)
    That was one of the best episodes I've seen, better than most of series 7 and so far of series 8 Really enjoyed an actual adventure rather than brooding about, reminds me of series 5, especially the Vampires of Venice episode.

Mark Gatiss can write brilliant episodes:congrats:
    I enjoyed it, although I'm not quite full of the unbounded praise you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    It was okay, not great but not awful. Trailer for next week looks terrifying. Luckily I've got the bf over next weekend to snuggle up to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I might skip next week...
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree! Two was fantastic, but three was definitely just okay. It was a really fun episode, but I think it was a little bit TOO lighthearted! It cheapened the plot a great deal.

I've not been a big fan of the past "scary" episodes, but fingers crossed for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.