Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Karlovic - best serving performance ever. 45 aces, 61 winners to 19 unforced errors.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Murray looked as good as he has on grass since 2013 today. Exceptional to dig in and beat big Triocki and Anderson in one day.

ReputationRep:
    Federer wins in Halle again. I hope we get to see Murray vs Federer at Wimbledon this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_K1NG)
    Federer wins in Halle again. I hope we get to see Murray vs Federer at Wimbledon this year.
    And federer wins

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMadClown)
    And federer wins

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Murray will be the slight favourite

ReputationRep:
    Murray and Federer looking good, and rightly emerge as the title winners this week. Murray will be a heavy co-favourite with Djokovic now, but everything could change if they are drawn in the same half at Wimbledon.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Murray will face Federer in the semi-final at Wimbledon if it happens.

ReputationRep:
    I'd wager they'll make sure we get Fedal early.

ReputationRep:
    Do people seriously think they rig the draws.......

And anyway, we don't know where Federer could meet Murray. Presuming the grass court formula doesn't change the top 4 (dunno if it does or not), Murray could be in either Djokovic or Federer's half of the draw.

ReputationRep:
    Wonder how fedal would go

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Top 4 seedings won't change. I think Nadal will be seeded 11 instead of 10, as Dimitrov moves above him (with the win at Queen's and the Wimbledon SF last year).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)

And anyway, we don't know where Federer could meet Murray. Presuming the grass court formula doesn't change the top 4 (dunno if it does or not), Murray could be in either Djokovic or Federer's half of the draw.
    Yup. I forget the statistic but the number of times Murray has been on Nadal's side of the draw (i think that's the one) is almost statistically impossible.

ReputationRep:

The amount of time Federer and Djokovic were in the same half in grand slams between 2008 and 2012 was staggering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WriterOfWrongs)
    Wonder how fedal would go

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nadal would win, IMO.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Federer getting owned with that through-the-legs shot by a fan was the greatest moment of tennis in 2015.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Hilarious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c45ed8ADW6w

ReputationRep:
    Nadal would win, IMO.
    Yeah, I'm not too sure about who would win. They seem to be on the same level ish to me at least!

When's the draw announced?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm not too sure about who would win. They seem to be on the same level ish to me at least!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nadal is far the better player than Federer, as can be seen from the head to head record between the two players. Nadal has basically crushed Federer in all their matches from 2008 onwards. Although both of them are no longer at their peak and will never return to their peak form ever again, Nadal still has a comfortable edge over Federer on all surfaces.

As for who will win Wimbledon, I very much doubt Nadal will. He's way past his best. Federer's days of winning Grand Slams are over. Djokovic is clearly the most likely to win Wimbledon, with Murray far behind him in 2nd.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Draw is done on Friday I think.
    As for Fedal, considering Nadal's form I would pick RF in spite of the record if they were to meet before the final (in fact, it's still 2-1 Fed on grass). Only issue for Fed is that his forehand is letting him down this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    Nadal is far the better player than Federer, as can be seen from the head to head record between the two players. Nadal has basically crushed Federer in all their matches from 2008 onwards. Although both of them are no longer at their peak and will never return to their peak form ever again, Nadal still has a comfortable edge over Federer on all surfaces.

As for who will win Wimbledon, I very much doubt Nadal will. He's way past his best. Federer's days of winning Grand Slams are over. Djokovic is clearly the most likely to win Wimbledon, with Murray far behind him in 2nd.
    Eh? Federer has the edge on grass (and indoor hard courts I suppose). And I think Murray can beat Djokovic at Wimbledon, given the form he's in so he's definitely a very strong contender. And there's still a chance of an outsider surprising everyone.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.