Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got an email from Hertford Yesterday Morning, acknowledging my application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    Just noticed I made a mistake in my PS. I put "and and" when I should've just put "and". I didn't notice this before and have noticed it when reading through my PS on UCAS Track. Will this be an issue for Oxford/LSE? I also said 'epoch making' rather than 'epoch-making'. Are these going to be a problem?
    I don't think it will be the end of the world, they'll know what you mean I guess. If you deserve to get in, you'll get in. Regardless of a few very small mistakes on your personal statement.

All the best with your application, good luck!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    Just noticed I made a mistake in my PS. I put "and and" when I should've just put "and". I didn't notice this before and have noticed it when reading through my PS on UCAS Track. Will this be an issue for Oxford/LSE? I also said 'epoch making' rather than 'epoch-making'. Are these going to be a problem?
    No, it's unlikely to be a big problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oakflame)
    Has anyone from Worcester received their acknowledgement email?
    Yep! I have.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied to Keble?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omni Vanitas)
    Yep! I have.
    What subject/when did it come

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J Cal)
    Yeah! Apparently the interview questions at Jesus are quite straaaaange. Like what do Obama and geology have in common.
    Omg no way... queue panic attack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eux)
    What subject/when did it come
    Music/15th October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    Law, what about you? I know, Balliol applicants seem few and far between (not really complaining though )
    I applied for PPE Good luck on the LNAT!!

ReputationRep:
    Yep! I have.
    Still waiting for mine, hopefully it will come on Monday

ReputationRep:
    Anyone from Exeter got an email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skhuller)
    I applied for PPE Good luck on the LNAT!!
    In another life I would have probably done PPE, it looks so interesting Haha thanks, I actually sat it last month, I think it went OK but I can't stop panicking over it even though I can't change it now

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    Just found out that last year LMH sent out a confirmation email to applicants on the 28th of October - so no need to panic! They are obviously slower than the other colleges!

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for mine, hopefully it will come on Monday
    Yes, don't worry! Good luck! What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, don't worry! Good luck! What are you applying for?
    PPE What about you?

ReputationRep:
    PPE What about you?
    Music ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliverdobbs)
    Anyone from Exeter got an email?
    I applied but haven't received an email yet. I got really panicky because my friends who applied for Open have all been allocated and some who applied for specific colleges received their emails too. >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzizanW)
    I applied but haven't received an email yet. I got really panicky because my friends who applied for Open have all been allocated and some who applied for specific colleges received their emails too. >.<
    I haven't understood what you mean. Have you made an open application and not been allocated yet? Or have you not received the acknowledgement email of your college yet?

If you haven't been allocated yet you should maybe wait a few days more and then contact Oxford, as they said that everyone would be allocated before the 23rd of October.

If you have been allocated or have chosen a college, you should not worry, some of them haven't sent yet their acknowledgement emails. They might say when the will on their website, for example, I read on the website of St Hilda's that they would send it the 23rd, and so did they.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pcabezas)
    I haven't understood what you mean. Have you made an open application and not been allocated yet? Or have you not received the acknowledgement email of your college yet?

If you haven't been allocated yet you should maybe wait a few days more and then contact Oxford, as they said that everyone would be allocated before the 23rd of October.

If you have been allocated or have chosen a college, you should not worry, some of them haven't sent yet their acknowledgement emails. They might say when the will on their website, for example, I read on the website of St Hilda's that they would send it the 23rd, and so did they.
    I mean I applied to Exeter. Sorry for not specifying that. It concerned me because I'm the only one from my college who has not received an email directly from an Oxford college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzizanW)
    I mean I applied to Exeter. Sorry for not specifying that. It concerned me because I'm the only one from my college who has not received an email directly from an Oxford college
    Have you checked your Spam folder?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.