Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    But Bellerin plays as an advanced winger, literally, for huge portions of the game. Chambers lacks pace of course but at least he actually, you know, maintains discipline and attempts to prevent counters. Stick AOC in front of Chambers I guess, he is decent defensively and quick.
    Chambers is not all that disciplined though. He has the most yellow cards with 8 and also 1 red card.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Chambers is not all that disciplined though. He has the most yellow cards with 8 and also 1 red card.
    He's a rash tackler but I prefer that to Bellerin, who isn't even in position to attempt a tackle.

I really like Chambers tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    If the Man Utd thread doesn't have lengthy discussions about the upcoming game then clearly their fans are so full of confidence, they could ask their players to wear blindfolds for the full 90 minutes and Utd would still win
    :lolwut:

Or maybe it isnt as active as the Arsenal thread? :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Mentioned this a few times that our weakness was ball distribution :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's probably a good thing, means teams will be more willing to attack you and you can get at them on the counter, since you don't really have the quality to really get at teams via possession play.

Although you'd probably want a guy good on the ball with defensive capabilities like Coquelin at the very minimum next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    None of those games were this season. Arguable but I'd say Ox's last season was stronger than his current. He's had a few strong performances and showed lots of signs of potential but I just don't think Ox is ready. Perhaps Ramsey is a big game player but that's based on his form last season, which he is miles off currently. Only game that comes to mind is Galatasary where he really shined but that wasn't exactly a big game?

It's funny really, when Ox was starting every game first half of the season we were crying out for Walcott to return. Immediately after Walcott and Ozil's return we start scoring more goals and grind points a lot more easier, but people want Ox back already? I wouldn't say he's had a brilliant season. 50/50 at most.
    This essentially.

Ox looks good with a few dribbles but he's not consistent or effective enough with his end product.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    That's probably a good thing, means teams will be more willing to attack you and you can get at them on the counter, since you don't really have the quality to really get at teams via possession play.

Although you'd probably want a guy good on the ball with defensive capabilities like Coquelin at the very minimum next season.

Essentially yeah, but I mean with Arteta missing so much of the season that it's forced us to change our style of play.

ReputationRep:

Coq is the new Denilson. He's in for a 2 year stint in the team before the penny drops and he ends up at Nice or somewhere FFS

He's only useful because atm of his style of play, not his quality as such. The very presence of a defensive and relatively disciplined player has caused alot of Arsenal fans to see a better player than he is. He's also playing off alot of adrenaline because he knows he's got one last chance to make it at AFC rather than Charlton. That wont last forever

ReputationRep:

Sounds like Schneiderlin.

ReputationRep:
    Totally disagree with everything AR said. Ramsey has a much better defensive work rate and playing Cazorla and Özil would be suicidial. Either push Cazorla to 10 and drop Mesut or drop Santi for Ramsey.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao at people saying Bellerin doesn't tackle - he puts it multiple crucial tackles every game, usually because he is the only one fast enough to catch the guy with the ball.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Lmao at people saying Bellerin doesn't tackle - he puts it multiple crucial tackles every game, usually because he is the only one fast enough to catch the guy with the ball.
    yeah trying to rectify his own **** ups.

BRB praise me coz I set fire to my house regularly but manage to stop it before it gets too bad some of the time.

ReputationRep:
    yeah trying to rectify his own **** ups.

BRB praise me coz I set fire to my house regularly but manage to stop it before it gets too bad some of the time.
    As opposed to Chambers, who ****s up and then stands there gormlessly?

ReputationRep:
    Bellerin is ****ing ****

Sooner people realise the better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They're both too inexperienced and they're both liabilities, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Santos 2011/12> Bellerin tbh

Chambers tbf is actually a centre back. His lack of pace is what costs him at RB

ReputationRep:
    better than AOC when he loses it in key areas and fails to get the ball back, or essentially its the same as sanchez who loses the ball but uses his workrate and persistence to get it back.

Bellerins development has come a long way since last year, even since his first game vs Dortmund he was absolutely dire but look at him recently i.e vs City or Villa where his positioning was absolutely spot on most of the time. Obviously the kid has his ups and downs (sometimes caught high up the pitch, but almost all the time makes up for it by busting a gut to get back and make a tackle, whens the last time his mistake has cost us a goal anyway? also he's **** at crossing) but so does Chambers who is very rash in his decision making and constantly gets absolutely ruined against pacey players.

No idea why people are hating on him recently, still has a lot of unfulfilled potential imo.

ReputationRep:
    Coq is the new Denilson. He's in for a 2 year stint in the team before the penny drops and he ends up at Nice or somewhere FFS

He's only useful because atm of his style of play, not his quality as such. The very presence of a defensive and relatively disciplined player has caused alot of Arsenal fans to see a better player than he is. He's also playing off alot of adrenaline because he knows he's got one last chance to make it at AFC rather than Charlton. That wont last forever
    Yeah I know, I'm not doubting that he's not good enough as a starter for a club like Arsenal. Coq will probably be in Serie A or Ligue 1 at a midtable team that's obvious.

(Original post by Pete_91)
    Sounds like Schneiderlin.
    Yes that was one person I was referring too.

ReputationRep:
    Would rather Jenkinson over both if im honest and obviously Debuchy over all of them. Bellerin over Chambers though because Bellerin has the pace to recover which is vital when coming up against young.

ReputationRep:
    Man lyk Jenko needs to return.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Would rather Jenkinson over both if im honest and obviously Debuchy over all of them. Bellerin over Chambers though because Bellerin has the pace to recover which is vital when coming up against young.
    Debuchy> Jenko isn't obvious. Personally I'd go for jenko

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.