Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Will trade info on Lazard (up to final round), HSBC/Nomura/UBS (first round) for info on the M&G video interview xo pm me

EDIT: & info about centerview application process and the reality of the work and the firm culture

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any tips on the Lazard SJT?

ReputationRep:
    Invitation to BNP video interview.

I take it i passed the online tests? Anyone received a rejection from BNP post tests?

ReputationRep:
    Is the below email basically saying you're not the best candidate so you'll probs get rejected but we're gonna take time getting back to you?

Further to your recent application for the position of Analyst - Internship - Global Banking & Markets, Markets Summer Internship - EMEA - London, we would like to confirm that your application is still under review.

We have had a high level of interest in this programme which has delayed the response time.

We will be back in touch with you in the coming weeks with a further update.

Thank you for your patience and for your interest in HSBC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My status for UBS was "Under Review" but it has changed to "Interviews / Assessment in Progress" - haven't got any interview invite though. Does anyone know if it means that I am yet to receive it, or it's just the next stage of them reviewing the applications?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    Is the below email basically saying you're not the best candidate so you'll probs get rejected but we're gonna take time getting back to you?

Further to your recent application for the position of Analyst - Internship - Global Banking & Markets, Markets Summer Internship - EMEA - London, we would like to confirm that your application is still under review.

We have had a high level of interest in this programme which has delayed the response time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Got the same email just now... If they wanted to reject us they would have by now. My application is pretty strong so If it was weak i would have been rejected like other have.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have information on the M&G interview?

ReputationRep:
    that **mn BNPP test dude, I left 9 questions in verbal

ReputationRep:
    RBC Telephone Interview for IBD Summer. Could anyone provide any insight? What kind of questions etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    that **mn BNPP test dude, I left 9 questions in verbal
    Yeah it was ****ed up. That's definitely good enough to pass, I left like 20 and got through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L_ane)
    RBC Telephone Interview for IBD Summer. Could anyone provide any insight? What kind of questions etc...
    congrats mate

when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turing)
    Yeah it was ****ed up. That's definitely good enough to pass, I left like 20 and got through.
    did you already do your video interview? what it is like?

ReputationRep:
    RBC telephone interview for global markets on Wednesday. Anyone done this already who can provide insights to types of questions? Says its competence, biographical and technical.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else done the M&G online test? Possibly the longest thing ever I thought the verbal stuff would never end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AenigmaFx)
    Congrats, may I ask what division?
    ibd

torres657
    August

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got to this stage with their spring week program before getting rejected and now in the same waiting position again.
    Difficult to know what it means, HSBC seem to send a lot more email updates regarding the application process compared to other banks.
    I presume you got the minimum benchmark/criteria email too, I reckon most likely they are still narrowing down interview invitations and looking to see how many more invitations can be given depending on how successful interviews have been so far.

ReputationRep:
    congrats mate

when did you apply?
    Cheers

Applied the 21st, completed tests the 23rd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L_ane)
    Cheers

Mind if i ask which uni you go to? (if you dont wish to share, semi target, target or non target would be fine )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L_ane)
    Cheers

wow, that's super quick, I applied on 11th and still waiting

good luck with your interview

ReputationRep:
    wow, that's super quick, I applied on 11th and still waiting

good luck with your interview
    I got my "tests passed" email on the 9th and still waiting. I wonder if RBC are doing reverse rolling basis this year

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.