Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    what exam did you sit that was later than D2? i always thought D2 is the last exam sat by anyone ever
    AEA this year. FP2 and unit 5 physics were also later this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    AEA this year. FP2 and unit 5 physics were also later this year.
    oh right, sorry
    fp2 was on the day of the EU referendum...... as you can probably guess, not one of my highlights of 2016
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    oh right, sorry
    fp2 was on the day of the EU referendum...... as you can probably guess, not one of my highlights of 2016
    Hohhot yeah it was!!!
    I must've been S2 that was later for me...

ReputationRep:
    S2 was a day after the Eu ref
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    S2 was a day after the Eu ref
    Mine was 27th
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Is it normal to feel like you've tanked all of your exams, retrospectively? I remember being confident after coming out of the exam hall, but now I just feel like my answers were inadequate and blunt, no nuance at all. Looking at the mark schemes (and examiner's reports from previous years) doesn't reassure me much although I know I've included lots of information that features in the mark schemes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    That's even worse haha...
    I know, I'll just see it on my lock screen on my phone exactly what my grades are...

For example: Caitlin 0... (student pin number at college) ACD

All in the sentence so it'll be visible as soon as you look ((

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Is it normal to feel like you've tanked all of your exams, retrospectively? I remember being confident after coming out of the exam hall, but now I just feel like my answers were inadequate and blunt, no nuance at all. Looking at the mark schemes (and examiner's reports from previous years) doesn't reassure me much although I know I've included lots of information that features in the mark schemes...
    it's totally normal. i went from thinking i had a solid A* in the bag in physics unit 5 the day after the exam, to worrying if i've even scraped a C today...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    it's totally normal. i went from thinking i had a solid A* in the bag in physics unit 5 the day after the exam, to worrying if i've even scraped a C today...
    Thank god. I've been so worried about this because I came out of politics relatively confident and now I'm checking the mark schemes (which pleasantly surprised me) but realising that my writing was a bit... Terrible tbh, I didn't really structure anything. :eek:
    I guess this is just the result of crippling expectations playing on us... :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    Completely normal, as tension increases you feel you did worse and worse. I don't know why we do it, maybe to make ourselves not feel surprised if we do less well than we want. Usually however, on the day all this worrying ends up with a pleasant surprise!

ReputationRep:
    I can feel the anticipation in this thread already... get ready for the explosion that will be the 17th, when the grade boundaries are released.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...-level-results

This may calm your mind down that even if you dont do well, it could be a blessing in disguise

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else do Edexcel A2 History 'Britain and the Challenge of Facism - Saving Europe at a Cost'?

Did OCR bio and chem (f214/5 and f324/5) if people want to discuss these too

ReputationRep:
    track froze
    fuk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)
    https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...-level-results

This may calm your mind down that even if you dont do well, it could be a blessing in disguise
    Interesting read! Thanks for sharing that. However, one the people reckon they got 4 A*'s and an A and Cambridge rejected him? (He had a conditional offer) - now I'm no Cambridge expert but I don't believe they give out a 5 A* conditional offer haha
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    Completely normal, as tension increases you feel you did worse and worse. I don't know why we do it, maybe to make ourselves not feel surprised if we do less well than we want. Usually however, on the day all this worrying ends up with a pleasant surprise!
    I'm less hopeful for a pleasant surprise at my end but I certainly hope I haven't done as badly as I presume to be the case atm. :lol: I guess it's reassuring - though unfortunate - to know lots of other students feel the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    Interesting read! Thanks for sharing that. However, one the people reckon they got 4 A*'s and an A and Cambridge rejected him? (He had a conditional offer) - now I'm no Cambridge expert but I don't believe they give out a 5 A* conditional offer haha
    he probably missed a STEP offer
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I'm less hopeful for a pleasant surprise at my end but I certainly hope I haven't done as badly as I presume to be the case atm. :lol: I guess it's reassuring - though unfortunate - to know lots of other students feel the same.
    How worried were you about AS, and did things go well in the end then?

ReputationRep:
    he probably missed a STEP offer
    His insurance rejected him too though lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    His insurance rejected him too though lol
    again, he probably missed another STEP offer. firming cambridge and insuring imperial/warwick is not uncommon for the best mathematicians in the country, which im guessing was his course

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.