Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate England Thread watch

Announcements
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I fail to remember who their starting LM is and their attacking mind. If they wish to mimic Srna on the right (or if they sway wings) I could see Beckham's lack of pace/defensive mind coming under far too much pressure too often. Although no doubt Rooney will muck in when he's needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <CJ>)
    I fail to remember who their starting LM is and their attacking mind. If they wish to mimic Srna on the right (or if they sway wings) I could see Beckham's lack of pace/defensive mind coming under far too much pressure too often. Although no doubt Rooney will muck in when he's needed.
    And get told off/criticised for doing so :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Bentley instead of both Walcott and Becks tbf, providing he's fit & stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laevis)
    Bentley instead of both Walcott and Becks tbf, providing he's fit & stuff.
    Bentley clearly has to play, the team is so unbalanced without him. I mean, look at the team that started against Andorra.

James,
    Johnson Lescott Terry Cole
    Walcott Barry Lampard Downing
    Defoe Rooney

That's a huge amount of ****ness down the lefthand side and the effect was plain to see. Poor old Downing was left adrift in a sea of **** and was time and time again left with no choice but to boot it aimlessly into the box. The lad has clearly been brought up in the great traditions of playground football and would never break the cardinal rule of 'don't pass it to a ****'.

Fortunately, Joe Cole was available to come on, a player well versed in being surrounded by *****. His survival technique is unquestionably effective, by simply ignoring every player around him and either charging into the nearest defender or taking a 40 yard potshot every time he gets the ball, Cole is never faced with the shame of passing to a ****.

Now let's see the expected team against Croatia;

James,
    Johnson Ferdinand Terry Cole
    Bentley Barry Lampard Cole
    Heskey Rooney

Much better. With a **** down either flank and four ***** through the middle, this is a much more familiar England shape. I'd expect Barry to struggle again since he clearly doesn't have the required cunthood to be part of this England team, but in the absence of Barton he'll have to do.
    Heskey will survive as his entire role is remaining static while players with some semblance of skill aim the ball at the widest forehead in football.
    James and Johnson are the Afro Brothers. Nuff said.

While Bilic has experience of ***** at West Ham, the overwhelming nature of **** in this lineup is just too much for anyone to handle. The combination of Ferdinand and Terry is enough to ensure the ref is crowded after every decision and the work ethic of Rooney will see no shin unkicked, while the creative talents of Bentley, Cole and Lampard will combine to guarantee that excuses are found for any behaviour, no matter how abhorrent.

It's time Capello realises what the strengths of the England squad are and plays to them. While it's commendable that he wants to play the game his way, at the moment he's just not drawing upon the level of ****ness that we see the players produce at their clubs week in, week out. When he exploits that, the World Cup is on it's way home.

What do we think Ingerlund fans?

Well said. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I think RobbieC is your dupe account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    Bentley clearly has to play, the team is so unbalanced without him. I mean, look at the team that started against Andorra.

James,
    Johnson Lescott Terry Cole
    Walcott Barry Lampard Downing
    Defoe Rooney

That's a huge amount of cuntness down the lefthand side and the effect was plain to see. Poor old Downing was left adrift in a sea of **** and was time and time again left with no choice but to boot it aimlessly into the box. The lad has clearly been brought up in the great traditions of playground football and would never break the cardinal rule of 'don't pass it to a ****'.

Fortunately, Joe Cole was available to come on, a player well versed in being surrounded by *****. His survival technique is unquestionably effective, by simply ignoring every player around him and either charging into the nearest defender or taking a 40 yard potshot every time he gets the ball, Cole is never faced with the shame of passing to a ****.

Now let's see the expected team against Croatia;

James,
    Johnson Ferdinand Terry Cole
    Bentley Barry Lampard Cole
    Heskey Rooney

Much better. With a **** down either flank and four ***** through the middle, this is a much more familiar England shape. I'd expect Barry to struggle again since he clearly doesn't have the required cunthood to be part of this England team, but in the absence of Barton he'll have to do.
    Heskey will survive as his entire role is remaining static while players with some semblance of skill aim the ball at the widest forehead in football.
    James and Johnson are the Afro Brothers. Nuff said.

While Bilic has experience of ***** at West Ham, the overwhelming nature of **** in this lineup is just too much for anyone to handle. The combination of Ferdinand and Terry is enough to ensure the ref is crowded after every decision and the work ethic of Rooney will see no shin unkicked, while the creative talents of Bentley, Cole and Lampard will combine to guarantee that excuses are found for any behaviour, no matter how abhorrent.

It's time Capello realises what the strengths of the England squad are and plays to them. While it's commendable that he wants to play the game his way, at the moment he's just not drawing upon the level of cuntness that we see the players produce at their clubs week in, week out. When he exploits that, the World Cup is on it's way home.

What do we think Ingerlund fans?

Well said. :yy:
    Lmfao :jester: :jester: :jester: Such tactical depth. Awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Every time I see footage of either of our past 2 games with Croatia I just want to strangle McClaren some more. So so so many errors led up to our failure to qualify. M********ingcunt

ReputationRep:
    This guy has all the bases covered:

The guy's ****ing awesome tbfh.

ReputationRep:
    That's me staying up for another hour. Can't sleep when I'm angry :mad:

I've got an idea though, why don't we give Rob Green his competitive debut tonight whilst leaving our best players on the bench? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Heh.

Standing by Paul Robinson for so long despite awful performance after awful performance for club & country before dropping him in the final and deciding fixture of the European qualifying campaign to a (competitively) uncapped, young goalkeeper has to go down as one of the worst tactical decisions in history.

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine being angry over England :embarrassed:

I'll be sad, yes, when England go out in major competitions, but that dies after a few hours when I fall asleep.

ReputationRep:
    Fall asleep and dream of DIC no doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Better than to care about the England team :embarrassed:

I've given up on England a long time ago tbh. Really have no expectations of them, so whatever they do is a bonus.

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling we'll win tommorow -- but it won't be pretty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    it won't be pretty.
    What makes you say that?

Spoiler:
    Show

Ah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    What makes you say that?

Spoiler:
    Show

Ah.
    :dry:

Y'know...you really should put a 'warning sign' if you're going to show something like that.

Won't somebody please think of the children!!

ReputationRep:
    Rooney connected to an England win? :mute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    Rooney connected to an England win? :mute:
    Like setting up Joe Cole?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for a score draw. Modric will get hacked to death tonight :mad:

(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    No need for insults :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    They should strip the England team of any financial reward playing for their country, put that money into grass routes and then we'll see who really wants to play. The only time England players should maybe be entitled to money is if they win either the World cup or the Euros, there should be no leeway on that.

Having said that there is a time when all the negativity surrounding England gets boring, 2-0 against Andorra 'wasn't good enough' in many peoples eyes and to me that's where we shoot ourselves in the foot at times.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.