Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I put the vessel in the liver as being a sinusoid, because it said it was in the centre of the lobule, and the text book makes it look like the hepatic vein, portal vein and artery are towards the edges. But I'm probably wrong!

I'dve loved to have had that exam in January when I actually knew the stuff :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hicksichrist)
    Thank god they accept behavioural changes! My waffling might actually pay off!
    Hah I know! I just had to check as soon as I got home, just to be sure. Should get half marks for behavioural and half marks for physiological responses, as they are both key factors, according to the book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    lol i did write deamination

lol urea is the end product of ornithine cycle right after arginine
    I thought water was ATP which is probably wrong but there's also CO2 added to make urea* I revised two hours before the exam though so I may be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Ethics of steroids? :facepalm2:
    i know lol :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    for the endotherms all you have to do to to get 1 mark for the QWC is spell the terms correctly, thats it.

there was a similar type of question in the jan paper except it was selective re absorption

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .captainsarah)
    I put the vessel in the liver as being a sinusoid, because it said it was in the centre of the lobule, and the text book makes it look like the hepatic vein, portal vein and artery are towards the edges. But I'm probably wrong!

I'dve loved to have had that exam in January when I actually knew the stuff :p:
    what did you write for the question where it ask what are the cells in the lobule?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    QWC means a mark for Quality of Written Communication, I don't think Examples were needed. Just an extra mark for spelling and writing properly.
    Sorry not going to moan but the question used the word "The way we blah blah blah". The way we do it = the processes happenning,(to bring about change). I gave examples of what processes occur. No examples needed for this question??

N.B. I know what QWC means

ReputationRep:
    what did you write for the question where it ask what are the cells in the lobule?
    Hepatocytes - only other ones I could think of were kupfer cells and I'm pretty sure they're dotted about in the sinusoid?

ReputationRep:
    what did people write for the fish question??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-92)
    Sorry not going to moan but the question used the word "The way we blah blah blah". The way we do it = the processes happenning,(to bring about change). I gave examples of what processes occur. No examples needed for this question??

Usually if they want you to give examples they'd probably write in under the question in Italics.

ReputationRep:
    how many marks was the protein steroid question worth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TX22)
    3 marks! Didn't really know what to write

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TX22)
    3 Marks. Definately a S&C question.

ReputationRep:
    people should be really happy, we never have to everrrrr do OCR exams again.

we have to never worry about what will come up, whether it will be another seal or even a rat.

ReputationRep:
    One mOre exam to Go! then i can watch the world cup in peace lol
    Same lol.

Monday is mine, yours can't be much after?

I think I did alright in this bio... didn't have a clue for the pregnancy test-strip... didn't revise it. But the rest was relatively straightforward so I can't complain too much.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone think the grade boundary will be around 44 for an A or 43 seems like a good guess.

the january exam was 40 i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-92)

yes but the way endotherms regulate their body temperature extends to the effects of processes. you're not going to be penalised for putting examples, and i imagine you'll be credited for correct ones. the question's broad enough that there's loads of possible answers. help at all?

ReputationRep:
    For the pregnancy test question, does this sound right?
    -human embryo causes hcg hormone to be released into mother's urine
    -mother soaks strip on pregnancy test in her urine and the hcg hormones bind to monoclonal enzymes that have been tagged with a blue bead
    -the enzyme-hormone complexes moves up the strip until they bind onto some immobilised enzymes
    -this causes a blue stripe to appear.
    -one blue stripe on a pregnancy test is always visible as a control, a second blue line indicates a positive result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mona Lisa)
    For the pregnancy test question, does this sound right?
    -human embryo causes hcg hormone to be released into mother's urine
    -mother soaks strip on pregnancy test in her urine and the hcg hormones bind to monoclonal enzymes that have been tagged with a blue bead
    -the enzyme-hormone complexes moves up the strip until they bind onto some immobilised enzymes
    -this causes a blue stripe to appear.
    -one blue stripe on a pregnancy test is always visible as a control, a second blue line indicates a positive result.
    Yeah I wrote something along those lines. Btw It's Immobilised Antibodies not Enzymes.

ReputationRep:
    what did you write for the second to last question about why MS is auto-immune ??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 7, 2016

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.