The Arsenal Society VIII Watch

This discussion is closed.
wiggles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ha, woops, seemed I made a blunder yesterday. Of course Barca didn't sell Cesc, we got him on a free. (Many hours without sleep the night before) But my point still stands, if they wanted him so badly they could have managed to keep him. I think Wenger made a great point in an interview today where he reiterated how perfectly legal his signing of Cesc was, and pointed out that while Barca have all of Catalonia to pick players from, Arsenal have London - where there's also 4 other big teams competing to sign its players. Plus, it's not like Barca never go anywhere else to 'fish' for players - Messi was 'caught' and dragged to Spain when he was 12 or something.

Anyway, am unbelievably excited for tomorrow's match.... Still can't sleep. Last year was working and rushed home to view the Sky+ recording kindly set by the girlfriend's old man. Managed to avoid all news of the scoreline besides one wayward text from a friend I had forgotten to advise of the situation, who sent "Theooooo!!!", leaving me with the assurance that we'd score at least once, something I wouldn't have been too hopeful of after seeing the first 30 minutes!
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
Fixed, it winds me up the obsession some Arsenal fans have with Spurs. If Arsenal lose i'm ****ed off, it's largely irrelevant what any other club do
Some local rivalries are good natured (Liv-Everton), but Arsenal-Spurs is pure hatred, based on no other factor other than the club. It makes for a pretty gruesome rivalry. And, of course, nothing unites people like that of a common enemy.
DaneCook
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Fusion)
Some local rivalries are good natured (Liv-Everton), but Arsenal-Spurs is pure hatred, based on no other factor other than the club. It makes for a pretty gruesome rivalry. And, of course, nothing unites people like that of a common enemy.
I live in Liverpool and if you think the rivalry between Evertonians and the Scousers is good natured, then you my friend are grossly misinformed.
Sandra1993
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
good luck arsenal!!!!! as a real madrid fan i hope you guys kill barca!
jit987
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sandra1993)
good luck arsenal!!!!! as a real madrid fan i hope you guys kill barca!
So you want help from Arsenal in your quest for La Liga or don't want to get hammered again in CL if you face Barca again.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DaneCook)
I live in Liverpool and if you think the rivalry between Evertonians and the Scousers is good natured, then you my friend are grossly misinformed.
Lots of Evertonians are also scousers :fyi: A scouser is someone from the city of Liverpool not someone who supports Liverpool.

Tbh our rivalry is more doing this :facepalm2: whenever an Evertonian talks about football due to their extreme bitterness and small club (in comparison) syndrome.
Evertonians are obsessed with Liverpool though. The majority of Liverpool fans I know find them amusing, the same way you find a toddler swearing amusing.
Hantheman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
Lots of Evertonians are also scousers :fyi: A scouser is someone from the city of Liverpool not someone who supports Liverpool.

Tbh our rivalry is more doing this :facepalm2: whenever an Evertonian talks about football due to their extreme bitterness and small club (in comparison) syndrome.
Evertonians are obsessed with Liverpool though. The majority of Liverpool fans I know find them amusing, the same way you find a toddler swearing amusing.
Heh if you replaced Everton with Spurs and Liverpool with Arsenal, you'd hit the nail on the head. The released a DVD over thier first win over us in 20 years. A freaking full length DVD.
L18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)

The rivalry has excalated as a result of the younger generation of evertonians being twisted and bitter about having to live in the shadow of their younger brother and have taken to spewing ill informed bull**** about events they werent even alive for.

Old school evertonians will be turning in their graves at the sight of 18 yr old scallys waving cxopies of the sun at Liverpool fans. Everton fans were effected on that day as well, but they are so blinded by their unjust treatment post-heysel that they think its the single reason they are not currently dominating european football.
L18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hantheman)
Heh if you replaced Everton with Spurs and Liverpool with Arsenal, you'd hit the nail on the head. The released a DVD over thier first win over us in 20 years. A freaking full length DVD.
Luike this you mean..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=all

ahq
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
Right-ho then, D-Day. Team is obvious:

Szczesny
Eboue Koscielny Djourou Clichy
Song Wilshere
Fabregas
Walcott---------------------Nasri
van Persie

Predictions? I'm sue I'm going to be bashed for this, but I'm going for a 3-0. Bam.
marcusmerehay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've got a fiver on 3-1 to Arsenal at 28/1. I like those odds.
JK.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I've bet on the draw so I can be pleasantly surprised by a win. I reckon it'll be tight, 1-1 or 2-1.
R-KAM
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What're the odds on under 2 goals? 1000/1? :teeth:
Cities
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What would the odds be of 0-1 Barca, scorer Pedro :holmes:
JK.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
What would the odds be of 0-1 Barca, scorer Pedro :holmes:
33/1
rhinger
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I predicted a 2-1 win for Barca, but it's Arsenal so I still have faith... I'm sure they'll pull out something good tonight, it will probably be a nearly full-strength squad apart from Nasri (if he doesn't feature), Sagna, and Da Verminatah.
L18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I fancy another 2-2 actually. Just need to settle on a scorer. RVP I reckon
R-KAM
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
3.75/1 on a draw. That's tempting. Might go with Marcus' 3-1 too.
In2deep
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's going to be a very long day today :sigh:

Is it 19:45 yet?
Cities
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JK.)
33/1
Tempting :holmes:

I've tried to play it out, at various stages, I've been convinced of everything in between a 2-1 Arsenal win and a 3-1 Barca win. I really have no clue

I'm now convinced Arsenal will start very strongly, quieten down, then in the second half Barca will gradually exert more and more control and eventually score one.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed