Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

this thread has picked up again

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by lNurl)
      thanks, the sad part is i dont have a job and i dont know what kind of job i want to do or where to start. what did u study for?

also i belive that education is there to be able to find a job, and then it's individual responsibility to find correct job for yourself. Unless i know what job i want to do I will not do masters. Education sounds "safety place" and "belonging somewhere" , and makes people think they will get better job at the end of it. I really want to start working career.
      youre right theres no point doing a masters unless you are sure what u want to do because masters is so specific to one area you might as well do masters after some yrs experience working i did biomed and im doing medicine in september which is what ive always wanted to do

ReputationRep:
      does anyone else really like the smell of kolonya?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by rosewater1)
      ye i dont mind it

ReputationRep:
      hmmm aksam aksam canim kunefe cekti and i dont usually even like it
      kunefe and then some baklava

ReputationRep:
      Doing them this year, they're hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Tbh we got a lot! Of help from teachers so it would have been stupid not to get an A. If i sat it again i will defo fail it. Tbh its not much of a big deal. Can still get an A with a low mark in the practs.

Oh how I'm panicking still just started revising for both subjects... Pray for me guys want a B in chem from an E last year... 😔😔😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      OMG LOVE IT!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by JohnsHatun)
      Tbh we got a lot! Of help from teachers so it would have been stupid not to get an A. If i sat it again i will defo fail it. Tbh its not much of a big deal. Can still get an A with a low mark in the practs.

Oh how I'm panicking still just started revising for both subjects... Pray for me guys want a B in chem from an E last year... 😔😔😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Try not to panic (so hypocritical of me to say that). What are you going to study next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Try not to panic (so hypocritical of me to say that). What are you going to study next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Im doing a btec medical science course. I said before i think its my 3rd attempt at a levels. Lol but 3rd time lucky i guess haha basically in going to progress onto my second year and do a2 as well insha allah. Wbu? I eventually want to do medicine btw but going to do a biomed degree first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Im doing a btec medical science course. I said before i think its my 3rd attempt at a levels. Lol but 3rd time lucky i guess haha basically in going to progress onto my second year and do a2 as well insha allah. Wbu? I eventually want to do medicine btw but going to do a biomed degree first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
      hey i did biomed and doing med next yr if u have any questions then feel free to message me or even if its a biology topic il try n help (and mayb chem if i can remember which i doubt)

ReputationRep:
      I wish i was there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Merhaba

I am in Istanbul. So far I've visited:

-Spice Bazaar, & mosque at entrance of it
      -Grand Bazaar
      -Hagia Sofia Museum
      -Basillica Cistern
      -Blue Mosque
      -Carpet Museum

Will keep posted.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Oh i see, i'm sure you'll do brilliantly this time round! So much pressure but yeah insha'Allah we'll get the grades we want. I want to do something based on medical science/medicine/biomed etc, i thought about doing pharmacy but after going through a thread on here about how its a failing sector, i'm not so sure. And it sounds a bit too chemistry based

(Original post by ihateusernames)
      hey i did biomed and doing med next yr if u have any questions then feel free to message me or even if its a biology topic il try n help (and mayb chem if i can remember which i doubt)
      Are you going to medical school this year, or applying?
      (Original post by mr.gulay)
      I wish i was there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
      What, here in the UK?

(Original post by Dekota-XS)
      Merhaba

I am in Istanbul. So far I've visited:

-Spice Bazaar, & mosque at entrance of it
      -Grand Bazaar
      -Hagia Sofia Museum
      -Basillica Cistern
      -Blue Mosque
      -Carpet Museum

Will keep posted.
      Ah hope you're having fun

ReputationRep:
      [QUOTE=rosewater1;46907869]Oh i see, i'm sure you'll do brilliantly this time round! So much pressure but yeah insha'Allah we'll get the grades we want. I want to do something based on medical science/medicine/biomed etc, i thought about doing pharmacy but after going through a thread on here about how its a failing sector, i'm not so sure. And it sounds a bit too chemistry based

i applied and got into lancaster and got another interview at bristol on friday will be starting in october

ReputationRep:
      Oh i see, i'm sure you'll do brilliantly this time round! So much pressure but yeah insha'Allah we'll get the grades we want. I want to do something based on medical science/medicine/biomed etc, i thought about doing pharmacy but after going through a thread on here about how its a failing sector, i'm not so sure. And it sounds a bit too chemistry based

What, here in the UK?

Ah hope you're having fun
      Yup, wish i was be there, in the Uk

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Hi guys, I'm a white british guy and going to Turkey on Sunday for a week as part of a school trip with only a few others. We'll be going to ankara and we have a bit of free time during the week. What places do you recommend? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dylann)
      Hi guys, I'm a white british guy and going to Turkey on Sunday for a week as part of a school trip with only a few others. We'll be going to ankara and we have a bit of free time during the week. What places do you recommend? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
      sorry to burst your bubble, but ankara isnt really fun for tourists. more just shopping centres etc. few theme parks and stuff but istanbul is the tourist place to be.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cem101)
      sorry to burst your bubble, but ankara isnt really fun for tourists. more just shopping centres etc. few theme parks and stuff but istanbul is the tourist place to be.
      haha yeah i know well I guess I will have to make do with ankara...

ReputationRep:
      [QUOTE=ihateusernames;46908150]

i applied and got into lancaster and got another interview at bristol on friday will be starting in october
      that's great is it a postgraduate course?

(Original post by mr.gulay)
      Yup, wish i was be there, in the Uk

Posted from TSR Mobile
      What's wrong with living in Turkey? And what makes you think the UK is a good place to live?

(Original post by Dylann)

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Couldn't you go to Istanbul on a day trip? i think its 4 hours drive, less on a plane obviously

ReputationRep:
      [QUOTE=rosewater1;46920439][QUOTE=ihateusernames;46908150]

that's great is it a postgraduate course?

i only applied undergrad

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.