(Original post by SebCross)
[COLOR="Navy"]Which college have you originally chosen, may I ask? [/COLOR]
Magdalen
MarcoMarco
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Fingers crossed. Maybe something good will come of it. I gave Oxford a thought, but then again, I am happy with my current arrangement.

The greatest incentive one could ever provide to young school boys, is showing them the castle where they can attend Uni, should they behave properly. Might work. Never happened to me though ...
such_a_lady
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ahh no, I'm going to have to pay a £20 library fine today for books I didn't even read
Devil_in_disguise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SebCross)
Well there's the rub. I haven't yet made up my mind whether to apply to Cam' or Ox'! I'm born and bred in Oxford, you see, so in one sense I love the idea of branching out to Cambridge and discovering a whole new city, but on the other (OF COURSE) I can't betray my roots and elect to study in the enemy city!!! LOL. But yeah, I am really struggling w. the decision...
You should toss a coin. There's a
psychological theory that even if people think they're undecided, by the time the coin reachs the ground they find themselves hoping for a result.:cool: And let it be Ox.
manic_fuzz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by such_a_lady)
Ahh no, I'm going to have to pay a £20 library fine today for books I didn't even read
£20?!
I swear here the library fines are something like 20-50p a day for adults, and 5p a day for children, or something ridiculous like that? :confused:
Groat
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by manic_fuzz)
£20?!
I swear here the library fines are something like 20-50p a day for adults, and 5p a day for children, or something ridiculous like that? :confused:
My school has a fine of 1p a week just to prove a point. :rolleyes:
manic_fuzz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Groat)
:lol: Ahah, ah our school doesn't even have a library anymore, just a stupid 'Learning Resource Centre' with barely any books ¬¬
dnumberwang
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
we have a library which no one uses, with a librarian who thinks she's an actual member of staff
BJack
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't know what Merton's library fines are but I had to pay £1.50 for returning a book a day late to the Magdalen library. ;_;
dragonmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by punctuation)
x
Happy Birthday Julie!
punctuation
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dragonmeister)
Happy Birthday Julie!
thanks !

I feel so loved...
anyone_can_fly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm wondering whether I should switch to Merton
Do, it's amazing!

(Original post by Hellz_Bellz!)
I thought PPE has a really limited amount of places, that's why i was so surprised to see so many prospective applicants on here!

Oooh Maths, I haven't met many prospective Maths students :3 Whereabouts is Merton? Never visited it.
I think it's actually one of the bigger subjects, but because it has so many applications it's still really competitive. Merton is situated on a quiet cobble street just off the high street, overlooking Christ Church meadow.

(Original post by Groat)
There was a big sign up in our library for the sixth year leavers about overdue books. One was 1,800 and something days overdue! And there were quite a lot over one thousand.

Oh, and
Happy Birthday Julie! :birthday::congrats::dancing2::dancing2::elefant::groovy:
Groat
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by anyone_can_fly)
Do, it's amazing!

I think it's actually one of the bigger subjects, but because it has so many applications it's still really competitive. Merton is situated on a quiet cobble street just off the high street, overlooking Christ Church meadow.

There was a big sign up in our library for the sixth year leavers about overdue books. One was 1,800 and something days overdue! And there were quite a lot over one thousand.

Oh, and
My school's policy is that you cannot receive any results until all outstanding debts are paid. It's quite evil of them putting that in the results slip; I can imagine getting hyped up and seeing that note.
Eldedu
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just how anally retentive are TSR mods? I got an "alert" for writing two sentences in french (bad french to boot) and... (gasp) NOT PROVIDING A TRANSLATION.

Ah well, 'tis the interwebs, bull****'s home court as it were.
medbh4805
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Eldedu)
Just how anally retentive are TSR mods? I got an "alert" for writing two sentences in french (bad french to boot) and... (gasp) NOT PROVIDING A TRANSLATION.

:teehee:

I led you into it, I apologise.
manic_fuzz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by punctuation)
thanks !

I feel so loved...
OMG IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAVE A GREAT DAY

:lol: I always provide a translation juuust in case

Héhé
English Translation:
Spoiler:
Show
Haha
Eldedu
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by medbh4805)
:teehee:

I led you into it, I apologise.
I can't see that you have any reason to apologize, it's hardly illicit activity (well it is to them, apparently).
Eldedu
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:lol: I always provide a translation juuust in case

Héhé
English Translation:
Spoiler:
Show
Haha
Lulz, just as well you included the spoiler.
medbh4805
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can't see that you have any reason to apologize, it's hardly illicit activity (well it is to them, apparently).
meh their forum their rules, I was being a bit of a nark tbf
punctuation
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by anyone_can_fly)

OMG IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAVE A GREAT DAY
Danke! :love:

Spoiler:
Show
thanks

X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 3 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Are you chained to your phone?