Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
More promo pics

Spoiler:
Show
It's been suggested that the Silurian and the Samurai girl might be from the future Silurian/Human living on earth in harmony

It looks like Samurai girls name is Jenny (no not The Jenny)

oops They aren't particularly spoiler-ish so here's hoping no damage was done.
First picture:

Spoiler:
Show
Would make sense considering the Doctor's message he gave to Elliot and his family when the Silurians couldn't go above the ground, that prepare the Earth for the Silurians in 1000 years.
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It would appear Stargatecrazy got the 4000th post in the thread. Congratulations :cool:
Stargatecrazy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pandora.)
It would appear Stargatecrazy got the 4000th post in the thread. Congratulations :cool:
:eek: Wow, I feel privileged
kopite493
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
It's funny how people always say they will stop watching if X happens.

Like Midnight?

More people have died in Tennant era than Smith era. :erm:
david tennant has like 4 seasons on matt smith.....

and technically 6 people alone died in yesterdays episode
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kopite493)
david tennant has like 4 seasons on matt smith.....

and technically 6 people alone died in yesterdays episode
DT did 4 series (if you count the specials as a series), MS has done 2 now. But wait a minute, of course MS should have done 4 series by now, DT did after all didn't he? :facepalm:

How do you reckon that DT would have saved everyone then? A few of the characters sacrificed themselves last night.
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just watched last night's episode. Predictable ending, but brilliant nonetheless.

I thought eyepatch lady was River for a minute! It looks very much like her!
Bluth.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rascacielos)
Just watched last night's episode. Predictable ending, but brilliant nonetheless.

I thought eyepatch lady was River for a minute! It looks very much like her!
Really?
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Katie_louise)
Really?
First time I saw her in the opening two parter it's what I thought.
spacepirate-James
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How mind-blowingly awesome would it have been if the code word was Bad Wolf

:rofl:

EDIT: Also, David Tennant's character would never have saved Cleaves...

EDIT 2: Watching the end again, there's a cool cohesive colour scheme going on. Doctor is yellow. Amy is red and Rory is blue. YAY for primary colours!
Stargatecrazy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spacepirate-James)
How mind-blowingly awesome would it have been if the code word was Bad Wolf

:rofl:

EDIT: Also, David Tennant's character would never have saved Cleaves...
Yeah DT would have been all moody that Cleaves killed one of the gangers and would have been much less nice to her...
LostInLaw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Speculation that has probably been mentioned but I don't have time to go through the many many pages since last night.

The TARDIS being in flux over Amy's pregnancy: Is that just because it recognised the non-human element to the Flesh (as the Doctor said the sonic screwdriver would be able to distinguish the signals between them?) OR that the ganger wasn't pregnant and the baby is a post-kidnap thing? Miranda's ganger developed the same blood clot which would suggest ganger Amy should be pregnant. Which links in how to her belief that she's not pregnant in Day of the Moon?

Ugh, I like the end of the series when everything wraps up nicely and you realise all the little clues that led you to the truth. Can't cope with speculation and confusion!
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's because the ganger Amy was not pregnant, but the link which connected her to the Real Amy was shown as pregnant as she ultimately was. It didn't know which to scan as the definite.

Amy isn't the same as the early ganger technology. She is a result of later technology. So the imperfections of earlier technology like stopping disease being passed onto the gangers could have been perfected.

Or maybe the Silents' kidnapping was to ensure there would be no clone baby inside Clone Amy?
That's a scary thought.
miike1234
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think that...

Spoiler:
Show
Amy has twins, one is called melody (the child you saw in the photo frame) which Amy raises with Rory. The other one is taken and is called River. The silence, along with some other confederates, want River so they can raise her to kill the Doctor. The Silence impregnated Amy when they kidnapped her with time lord DNA (not the doctors) using time lord technology they stole, so the babies are part time lord and part human. The Silence will kill River if she does not kill him so the doctor allows her to kill him, which is the first time River meets the Doctor, but the Doctor has known her for years which is why he lets her do it. River then meets the (slightly younger) doctor again and starts to form a bond with him out of guilt/remorse, and so she starts to fall in love with him while being imprisoned for 'killing the greatest man I ever knew'.
Stargatecrazy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by miike1234)
I think that...

Spoiler:
Show
Amy has twins, one is called melody (the child you saw in the photo frame) which Amy raises with Rory. The other one is taken and is called River. The silence, along with some other confederates, want River so they can raise her to kill the Doctor. The Silence impregnated Amy when they kidnapped her with time lord DNA (not the doctors) using time lord technology they stole, so the babies are part time lord and part human. The Silence will kill River if she does not kill him so the doctor allows her to kill him, which is the first time River meets the Doctor, but the Doctor has known her for years which is why he lets her do it. River then meets the (slightly younger) doctor again and starts to form a bond with him out of guilt/remorse, and so she starts to fall in love with him while being imprisoned for 'killing the greatest man I ever knew'.
I doubt it...
Spoiler:
Show
The reason I don't buy into the whole River is Amy's kid is because Steven Moffat had already started planning the River Song arc before Amy was a companion....
Charl
Badges: 1
Report 7 years ago
mind. blown.
Madjackismad
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
Saw the trailer for the next episode. :coma:
Madjackismad
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Stargatecrazy)
I doubt it...
Spoiler:
Show
The reason I don't buy into the whole River is Amy's kid is because Steven Moffat had already started planning the River Song arc before Amy was a companion....
It's true that River was a character during the Russell T Davies era, but in that episode she was a pretty blank canvas. Writers are continuously adding new aspects to the characters and the stories all the time. I mean, look at Lost for an example. :p:
Bluth.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I doubt it...
Spoiler:
Show
Why do you reckon they can write the River Song arc in advance but not Amy's?
miike1234
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not a bad theory. One small thing. Amy was presumably pregnant before she was kidnapped since her first Kovarian appearance happens before she was even kidnapped.
Spoiler:
Show
Hmm you're right. It could be that the Silence join forces with the people who kidnapped actual Amy, and created her ganger, after the Doctor organises their execution, as revenge. The Silence could be used to keep tabs on the Doctor as he wouldn't remember seeing them, and the Silence we see when he is killed could be there making sure River in the space suit goes through with it.
Dinendal Leralonde
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I doubt it...
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
If time can be rewritten, then I'm pretty sure story arcs can be as well :p:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (503)
37.65%
No - but I will (103)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.75%

Watched Threads