Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    we will sign higuain this summer lads I am sure of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Cant look back at things like that, there was a league with all the shots that hit the post counting as goals and we would have came like 7th with liverpoo in 3rd. You cant really complain over the course of 38 games can you
    Ofcourse not, just messing about. But I do believe if we make less mistakes we could move further into the top 3/2

ReputationRep:
    looks like wengers gone sign a new contract

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    looks like wengers gone sign a new contract
    completely deserved after the miracle hes pulled getting top4 these past 2 seasons..

Though that opinion may change if he doesnt take this as an opertunity to invest, and build this summer...

ReputationRep:
    Not quite sure if this has already been mentioned previously, but I firmly beleieve we will attempt to sign Christian Eriksen of Ajax.

Also, is anyone in 'limbo' as I am - stuck between wanting to keep upto date with the latest transfer news regarding Arsenal, and also wanting to sit back and let everything unfold as it does?

Lastly, I've seen a debate about how much we would get from the transfer of Cesc to another club ie. Utd. He won't move anywhere other than Arsenal. Although this is outdated somewhat, his words still convey his passion & unconditional love for Arsenal everytime I watch it. Worth viewing : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CANggpxOlEA (0:00 to 2:20) and (7:10 to 7:50).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tayub16)
    Not quite sure if this has already been mentioned previously, but I firmly beleieve we will attempt to sign Christian Eriksen of Ajax.

Also, is anyone in 'limbo' as I am - stuck between wanting to keep upto date with the latest transfer news regarding Arsenal, and also wanting to sit back and let everything unfold as it does?

Lastly, I've seen a debate about how much we would get from the transfer of Cesc to another club ie. Utd. He won't move anywhere other than Arsenal. Although this is outdated somewhat, his words still convey his passion & unconditional love for Arsenal everytime I watch it. Worth viewing : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CANggpxOlEA
    Eriksen reminds of fabregas, the way they both run and pass the ball not to mention the horrible lack of pace but gotta be honest im not a fan of eriksen. Knowing ajax it'll be very tough to get him under 24mill I reckon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Eriksen reminds of fabregas, the way they both run and pass the ball not to mention the horrible lack of pace but gotta be honest im not a fan of eriksen. Knowing ajax it'll be very tough to get him under 24mill I reckon
    I agree, they are both very similiar. Which is why we clearly won't attempt to sign him if Cesc does return. I honestly haven't seen a great deal of him this past season, but I do share the view that he is almost a like-for-like to Gotze (a player Wenger keenly admired) - which is why I feel he'd be on Wenger's list regardless of the price, given the fact Gotze is Bayern bound.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather we signed Viktor Fischer than Eriksen.

ReputationRep:
    I presume the majority on here follow/read up on GeoffArsenal via Twitter.

Anyway, I believe he thinks that there is something behind the announcement of Arsene Wenger's contract talks by Gazidis - Someone also questioned what he meant and he replied with 'No comment'. I'm not one to analyse every word, but I couldn't help but ponder on the underlying reason behind such an announcement.

I believe it has been announced at such a time (transfer window) as a reassurance to our top targets/anyone we are in talks with, that Wenger will be there for many more years. I also think this is important to players contacted by Arsenal and may be a big factor in finalising any deal (had Cesc known Guardiola was going to leave so soon, would he have moved to Barcelona?). I mean, Gazidis is never known to talk about contract talks etc, and we all know how Wenger reacts to the question himself. So that, with the timing of such an announcement, is what could be behind it.

I understand if anyone doubts my view on this - But I think the creation of a positive image/vibe via the media is very important to both players and clubs as you know. During our unbeaten run towards the end of season, I noticed Wenger repeatedly stating after every game that 'the team is on a strong run'.. Which I believe he did as psychological ploy to the players.

If anyone regularly interacts on twitter, feel free to ask my question to Geoff as I myself don't have an account.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand people in this thread. If you disagree with something as innocuous as my previous post just say so and justify it rather than negging it. You contribute absolutely nothing.

ReputationRep:
    the Times saying we've made an official £22m bid for Fellaini.

If true, thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)

If true, thoughts?
    Everton chairman said that neither Baines or fellaini were for sale, this was yesterday, don't its true, great player though.

ReputationRep:

If true, thoughts?
    Personally, I don't think he'd fit into the team.

ReputationRep:
    22mil is APPARENTLY his buyout clause price so Everton would have to accept

That's if there was any truth to it

ReputationRep:
    Fellaini would fit in a holding role imo, forcing out Arteta, who isn't good enough for a team that's wanting to win the league.

ReputationRep:
    IMO Fellaini isn't a good enough passer to fit into our team

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Eh? People who are saying they don't think he's good enough...our two main priorities this summer are a striker and a DM. Fellaini is better at that than Arteta, that's not even up for debate. Realistically, we are not going to sign a better DM than him. Hope it's true.

Plus he headbutted Shawcross last season. Proper gooner.

(Original post by t()m)
    Everton chairman said that neither Baines or fellaini were for sale, this was yesterday, don't its true, great player though.
    Not much they can do if we activate his release clause.
    (Original post by Bronco2012)
    Fellaini would fit in a holding role imo, forcing out Arteta, who isn't good enough for a team that's wanting to win the league.
    My thoughts exactly.

ReputationRep:
    Plus he headbutted Shawcross last season. Proper gooner.
    This is the reason I want Arsenal to sign him. Nothing to do with how he'd fit in the team, just get him to do it again.

ReputationRep:
    He's a talented lad but I don't like his temperament and I don't think he's good enough to replace what we have, especially at £22mil!

Eh? People who are saying they don't think he's good enough...our two main priorities this summer are a striker and a DM. Fellaini is better at that than Arteta, that's not even up for debate. Realistically, we are not going to sign a better DM than him. Hope it's true.
    He's better than Arteta but not £22mil better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explicit4u)
    He's a talented lad but I don't like his temperament and I don't think he's good enough to replace what we have, especially at £22mil!

He's better than Arteta but not £22mil better.
    He's one of the reasons why Everton has been punching above their weight for so long. Proven prem player, adds some strength into your team since Diaby seems to breakdown every 5th game. Add to the fact that he's been forced to play in an attacking role when he's always been saying he wants to sit infront of the defence at Everton. He's only 25 and will only continue to improve. Arteta is what 30+? How is he not worth £22 million....

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.