Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisa-101)
    Hi Guys,
    Who has applied for Secondary English? Where did you apply? Who has got interviews?
    I applied to Durham, Sunderland and Chester for English. Application went in 5th December due to reference delay and I've heard absolutely nothing from all three!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    Anyone else have an interview at Derby?

Also, those with interviews at Notts Trent or Leicester, how did they inform you?
    Hiya, yes I have an interview tomorrow at Derby.. and Nottingham Trent today! thy both let me know via email xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbxox)
    Hiya, yes I have an interview tomorrow at Derby.. and Nottingham Trent today! thy both let me know via email xx
    Thanks! And good luck. :-)
    My Derby interview is on Thursday. I don't know whether I am more nervous or excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    Thanks! And good luck. :-)
    My Derby interview is on Thursday. I don't know whether I am more nervous or excited!
    Same! will be relieved to get them done good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard a peep out of any of my applications (nottingham secondary history & 2 school directs) and I'm starting to feel a bit deflated.. I sent the application on the 7th due to reference delays is it likely it'll be January before I even have an acknowledgement now?

ReputationRep:
    Just curious, are the deadlines for primary already passed? I've heard in the past that applications close generally a month or two after the start date.

ReputationRep:
    Just sent off the my application for secondary maths wooooo! This is bringing back memories of checking track every hour for undergrad applications haha. Really excited to to start hearing back from places!

ReputationRep:
    How long, on average, do interviews last for? I am supposed to interview at Strathclyde University in the morning and then at Glasgow in the afternoon? Will this be a problem? The start times are approximately 5 hours apart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yahowho)
    How long, on average, do interviews last for? I am supposed to interview at Strathclyde University in the morning and then at Glasgow in the afternoon? Will this be a problem? The start times are approximately 5 hours apart.
    Roughly 3.5 hours. Not knowing how far apart Strathclyde and Glasgow are apart, I would say it's tight but do able. However, this is based upon English PGCE interview timings and I don't know if Scottish PGDEs will be different. If you can get one of them to change their date, I would.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh I've just been given an offer from London Met after being rejected by Canterbury!!!

Does anyone know anything about funding/bursaries for a PGCE in Citizenship?

ReputationRep:
    Just been given a conditional offer from IoE for primary - feeling a little bit giddy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoJo6464)

thats great, congratulations on the interview! What have you applied for? I've gone for primary. How did they get I touch? Track, email or post? Good luck for Wednesday
    Cheers. I've actually rearranged with Bishop Rawstorne, going to the Liverpool interview on Wednesday and hopefully will be given a second chance with Bishop Rawstorne in the new year. I've applied for Secondary History for which they only have 1 place so not holding out much hope to be honest! They got in touch via email about two weeks ago and UCAS still hasn't updated so I wouldn't pay much attention to track. Quite a rigorous interview process by the looks of it. All the best.

ReputationRep:
    Had anyone heard back from Greenwich for primary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got interviews a Bedford and anglia Ruskin now
    Still not heard anything from bishop grotts has anyone else?
    Also has anyone has interviews at Bedford or Anglia Ruskin already??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melmac)
    Have many people heard from Edinburgh primary yet? I have 2 interviews or strathclyde and glasgow next week, glasgow seems intense. im soooo nervous. I think strathclyde is just an indiviusal interview,??
    hi how are you getting on with your interview prep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alicep87)
    I haven't heard a peep out of any of my applications (nottingham secondary history & 2 school directs) and I'm starting to feel a bit deflated.. I sent the application on the 7th due to reference delays is it likely it'll be January before I even have an acknowledgement now?
    I'm desperately hoping for something this week! I'm in France on holiday the first week schools and unis go back so would like to know before my holiday! Just in case, I'm researching interview processes and presentation ideas so I'm not left out of time! Hope you hear from your choices soon, too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by steph_cook92)
    Had anyone heard back from Greenwich for primary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't speak for primary, but science sent out interviews late last week.

ReputationRep:
    Hoping for an interview this week because I've heard nothing so far... has anyone heard from Sunderland, Oxford Brookes, or Redcar & Cleveland SCITT yet for Primary?

ReputationRep:
    Ah just found out I didn't get an interview at Bristol. I didn't receive an acknowledgement email or anything though from any uni.

ReputationRep:
    Passed my numeracy test today. Shocked. All the conditions for my offer at IOE satisfied for PGCE English. Roll on September 2014. Cant wait.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.