Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rascal23)
    Had my interview on the 23rd of January and just received an offer!! IB predicted 41 and UKCAT 750
    I had my interview on the same day, got an offer on the same day and am also doing the IB! what time was your interview? Well done on the offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    No, because they state millions of times 'if you have a question use the portal'!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Even through the portal!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any internationals interviewed on the 10th get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cojo23)
    Hey guys! Congratulations to everyone who's received offers so far, and fingers crossed for those who're still waiting on a response!
    Just wondering, is there a facebook page or something like that set up for a100/a101 offer holders for 2014 entry? It'd be nice to get to know some of the people I might be studying with starting September!
    Hey, very late reply, but I just had a look and couldn't find one!

Does anyone know how to/want to make a facebook group for KCL medicine offer holders?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kajal909)
    Hey, very late reply, but I just had a look and couldn't find one!

Does anyone know how to/want to make a group for KCL medicine offer holders?
    Im not an applicant, but i have noticed many people do it through fb groups. In cambridge threads, u can see similar examples.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beinlondon)
    Im not an applicant, but i have noticed many people do it through fb groups. In cambridge threads, u can see similar examples.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, sorry, I meant facebook group!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beinlondon)
    Even through the portal!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They've responded to all my queries....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    They've responded to all my queries....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Likewise...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    Likewise...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same...

ReputationRep:
    I've an interview at Birmingham in the half term holidays.

Do you think Kings admissions will be open too and they might send some offers out next week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0612)
    I've an interview at Birmingham in the half term holidays.

Do you think Kings admissions will be open too and they might send some offers out next week?
    Universities don't have a 'half term' this week do they??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razer_M)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh right! I didn't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razer_M)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol .... ( I found this funny ... I don't know why z) and no my good sirs... Though there are "reading weeks" aka " designated getting wasted time on purpose - unless u have exam in which case u get wasted any way and do a bit of work " Lolz
    Ps I am not encouraging anyone here to drink or anything like that ...... I don't drink myself........( Lolz )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello101)
    Lol .... ( I found this funny ... I don't know why z) and no my good sirs... Though there are "reading weeks" aka " designated getting wasted time on purpose - unless u have exam in which case u get wasted any way and do a bit of work " Lolz
    Ps I am not encouraging anyone here to drink or anything like that ...... I don't drink myself........( Lolz )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol...I don't go Uni, never have. Sorry for sounding thick, I thought it was a general question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0612)
    Lol...I don't go Uni, never have. Sorry for sounding thick, I thought it was a general question.
    Sorry ... I didn't think u were thick even for a second.... I jus had a genuine smile on my face I don't know why ..... Lolz my bad for any miscommunication ....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello101)
    Sorry ... I didn't think u were thick even for a second.... I jus had a genuine smile on my face I don't know why ..... Lolz my bad for any miscommunication ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    DW I didn't take offence at all. Let's hope admissions are hard at work next week giving out some offers, esp to the poor people waiting since December.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0612)
    DW I didn't take offence at all. Let's hope admissions are hard at work next week giving out some offers, esp to the poor people waiting since December.
    Awesome...
    I am one of those poor peoples ( sad face )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i think the reason behind some people hearing within 10 days and other waiting for several weeks is that they rank our scores at the interview and always give offers to the top X (for example 25)
    after a set group of interview dates are taken place (for example 4 dates)

so from the first 100 people, top 25 get an offer and those below no. 26 wait...

other 40 interviews take place, scores put together with the others: of the newly created ranking, top 25 get offers again etc

i think those at the bottom or below a certain interview score get rejected in the meantime...

all guesswork but from reading policies, FOIs etc should be something similar

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They have been doing offers in batches, no? Besides the exceptional candidates, they have been sending offers for certain chronological interview dates after about a month... Anyone waiting after their interview day batch of offers is very much borderline I should think, and will have to wait right up until the end or eliminated prematurely...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kolatytler)
    i think the reason behind some people hearing within 10 days and other waiting for several weeks is that they rank our scores at the interview and always give offers to the top X (for example 25)
    after a set group of interview dates are taken place (for example 4 dates)

so from the first 100 people, top 25 get an offer and those below no. 26 wait...

other 40 interviews take place, scores put together with the others: of the newly created ranking, top 25 get offers again etc

i think those at the bottom or below a certain interview score get rejected in the meantime...

all guesswork but from reading policies, FOIs etc should be something similar

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not sure about the numbers but yeah, that's basically what's happening. Some have been given rejections too but there haven't been to many on here, and everyone else will hear back around March

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.