Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    Nadal is far the better player than Federer, as can be seen from the head to head record between the two players. Nadal has basically crushed Federer in all their matches from 2008 onwards. Although both of them are no longer at their peak and will never return to their peak form ever again, Nadal still has a comfortable edge over Federer on all surfaces.

As for who will win Wimbledon, I very much doubt Nadal will. He's way past his best. Federer's days of winning Grand Slams are over. Djokovic is clearly the most likely to win Wimbledon, with Murray far behind him in 2nd.
    Disagree but too tired right now to discuss

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Disagree but too tired right now to discuss

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I assume he's trolling to try to start a huge argument tbh... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Draw is done on Friday I think.
    As for Fedal, considering Nadal's form I would pick RF in spite of the record if they were to meet before the final (in fact, it's still 2-1 Fed on grass). Only issue for Fed is that his forehand is letting him down this year.
    He didn't have a forehand last year too but he still took Novak to 5 sets. If he had a forehand, he could have won.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal is far the better player than Federer, as can be seen from the head to head record between the two players. Nadal has basically crushed Federer in all their matches from 2008 onwards. Although both of them are no longer at their peak and will never return to their peak form ever again, Nadal still has a comfortable edge over Federer on all surfaces.

As for who will win Wimbledon, I very much doubt Nadal will. He's way past his best. Federer's days of winning Grand Slams are over. Djokovic is clearly the most likely to win Wimbledon, with Murray far behind him in 2nd.
    Lol what?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMadClown)
    Lol what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not sure what you don't agree with? If I'm so wrong, why have the bookies put Djokovic the favourite to win, ahead of Murray in 2nd and Federer/Nadal a distant 3rd/4th?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what you don't agree with? If I'm so wrong, why have the bookies put Djokovic the favourite to win, ahead of Murray in 2nd and Federer/Nadal a distant 3rd/4th?
    Didn't the bookies put Djokovic for the favourite to win the French open, what happened there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Didn't the bookies put Djokovic for the favourite to win the French open, what happened there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You've got to make a prediction one way or another. You can't just say 'well these 10 players all could win'. The fact is, Nadal hasn't performed well on grass since 2011. He's been knocked out before the quarter finals of Wimbledon in the last 3 years, he's had his worst ever season on clay (his best surface) and he's less than a year away from his 30th birthday. He's past his best and the odds of him winning Wimbledon reflect that.

As for Djokovic, yes he bottled it in the final of the French, but he was on an unbelievable run of form before that and he's still clearly the man to beat.

ReputationRep:
    You've got to make a prediction one way or another. You can't just say 'well these 10 players all could win'. The fact is, Nadal hasn't performed well on grass since 2011. He's been knocked out before the quarter finals of Wimbledon in the last 3 years, he's had his worst ever season on clay (his best surface) and he's less than a year away from his 30th birthday. He's past his best and the odds of him winning Wimbledon reflect that.

As for Djokovic, yes he bottled it in the final of the French, but he was on an unbelievable run of form before that and he's still clearly the man to beat.
    I'm still putting federer ahead of Murray

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm still putting federer ahead of Murray

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It depends if Murray and Federer meet. I agree with you that Federer has the edge over him on grass, but he also has to get past a bunch of other players. We've seen that Federer has been knocked out of Grand Slams by a few long shot outsiders over the past few years, whereas Murray has generally only been knocked out by quality opposition. Roger's also getting on a bit (he's almost 34), whereas Andy is only 28. These are probably the reasons why Federer has worse odds than Murray coming into the tournament.

ReputationRep:
    It depends if Murray and Federer meet. I agree with you that Federer has the edge over him on grass, but he also has to get past a bunch of other players. We've seen that Federer has been knocked out of Grand Slams by a few long shot outsiders over the past few years, whereas Murray has generally only been knocked out by quality opposition. Roger's also getting on a bit (he's almost 34), whereas Andy is only 28. These are probably the reasons why Federer has worse odds than Murray coming into the tournament.
    You're forgetting one thing...this is Wimbledon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Murray seeded third for Wimbledon.

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic and Murray with nightmare draws it seems, Nadal with a draw befitting his seeding. Federer the slight winner of the draw I would say but only marginally, no one has a super easy draw

ReputationRep:
    Nice little section for Federer to start off. But he could potentially meet Berdych in the QFs, then the big test in the form of Murray.
    Murray should be fine until R4, where he has Dolgopolov/Tsonga. Nadal in the same quarter with a tough path as well. In my view. Djokovic is perhaps the most comfortable at the moment but he has an opening round test against Kohlschreiber.

ReputationRep:
    Murray's route to the final is Nadal, Federer and then Djokovic in succession. Nadal has this triple draw too.

Djokovic has Tomic (R3), Nikishori (QF), Warwrinka and then Federer.

Fererer's draw should be a piece of urine until the semi.

Warwinka could get Raonic in the QF, then Djokovic in the SF before another hard final.

Raonic could pick off Kyrigos in R3 and Dimitrov in R4 before the winners of these matches joins Warwinka's route.

Earliest matches to watch out for then (should be played next Friday) are the R3 matches of Raonic vs Kyrigos and Djokovic vs Tomic.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Murray will have earned a place in the final if he gets there. Tsonga in R4, Ferrer/Nadal in the QF, then Federer in the SF. Crikey.

ReputationRep:
    Federer got a good draw till the SF where he wil potentially play Murray. I know Murray is playing better than last year but as always he is being overhyped by the British media who wants us to believe that he is unbeatable on grass. Well he isn't and I feel that a superior grass court player (Federer) will beat him in the SF.

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic's draw is tougher than Murray's IMO

ReputationRep:
    Good tournament in Eastbourne just finished, However as a tennis player at university, i don't play with a shock absorber, the only player i can think of who doesn't do this is Johanna Konta, why do you think this is?

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for Gulbis-Rosol and Simon-Almagro as round one clashes. Also like the look of my man Gasquet finally getting his path to glory.

ReputationRep:
    What a match. Liam Broady into round 2 on his Wimbledon debut.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.