Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    It's nerve racking. I don't even sleep properly at night with the though that I might be spending ~£50k+ with the chance I may not even obtain a 2:1 at the end of the degree. I've heard stories of a lot of people dropping out of my course after first years because they underestimated the workload. 20% drop out rate, doesn't really sound to appeasing.
    Dude you are a mess. Big old mess that stresses too much. Taake a deep breath and juss chill once in a while or else you will burn out towards the end of the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Basically you have a number of people eg10 people each paying a set and agreed amount of money to a shared sum of money, each person takes it in turn to take out the total sum of money and they keep paying weekly/monthly till they pay off all.
    Eg 10 people agree to pay 400 a month and that total sum is 4000, when it is your turn you take the 4000 and pay until you have payed off the 4000 you took.
    Salaam ahmed. Long time. How you been?

ReputationRep:
    Awwwwwww i feel so bad for you
    Hope it becomes easier for you inshaAllah and this year goes smoothly for you. Ameen

I was being sarcastic. The work is just incredibly difficult and somewhat overwhelming. It's harder than I originally anticipated but then that's what I get for going to a uni that asks for 3 As. I don't know if I'm capable to an academic extent to cope with the rigour of the course. Our course hasn't even officially started and I'm feeling the intensity. I feel like I'm the dumbest in the class maybe? People say they understand what's going on in lectures but I'm there like wtf it goes to quick, even though I wake up at 6am in the morning to pre-plan the stuff we'll be working through in the lectures. I was nearly at a point to where I was crying from being unable to get to the proof for the sum of a geometric progression series where the sigma is k(1) -> k(inf). It's incredibly difficult, to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    My mum partakes in that, although with slightly bigger numbers. It's called playing Upatu, in our country. It's a saving mechanism. It forces you to not spend your money, until your payout where you can buy something of importance.
    Wow, mashallah.
    It must be an african thing, a nice easy way to save up and get cash when you need it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Salaam ahmed. Long time. How you been?
    Wa alaikum al-salaam.
    How are you and how's uni?!
    You must be loving QM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Wa alaikum al-salaam.
    How are you and how's uni?!
    You must be loving QM
    Alhamdulillah im blessed. QM is nice. The first day was crap to say the least but tbh i was kind of expecting that because it was induction. I attended an isoc khutbah and a psychology soc event today which was really fun so hopefully the year will continue to get better inshaAllah

ReputationRep:
    Alhamdulillah im blessed. QM is nice. The first day was crap to say the least but tbh i was kind of expecting that because it was induction. I attended an isoc khutbah and a psychology soc event today which was really fun so hopefully the year will continue to get better inshaAllah
    Did you join the Somali society? I know it started this year, and two of my friends were actually involved in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by straw-struck)
    Did you join the Somali society? I know it started this year, and two of my friends were actually involved in it.
    Yeah i did haha. Oh cool
    You started uni yet?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i did haha. Oh cool
    You started uni yet?
    That's great. And no, I am gonna enrol today and first day will be on Monday inshallah. When do you start ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayah)
    Freshers week in manchester is so annoying. They're literally blocking roads.
    And there's the free dominos... No plz.
    What are you studying at manchester?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    dont become too stressed the transition into some course are harder than others and it depends on your strengths. the first few weeks may seem daunting but keep working at it and you'll get used to the level of work and pace.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hello i am bantu pls no discriminate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supreme leader)
    dont become too stressed the transition into some course are harder than others and it depends on your strengths. the first few weeks may seem daunting but keep working at it and you'll get used to the level of work and pace.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Who are you responding to?

ReputationRep:
    I think that was meant for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bantusomal)

What does bantu mean?

(Original post by HeavyTeddy)
    I think that was meant for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought so.

ReputationRep:
    oh you my bad didn't tag you properly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bantusomal)
    This soc is open to all somalis, soo dhawoow.

ReputationRep:
    Yo to all somali muslim sisters, like on some legit ish. do you masturbate?

Also moving to you girls is hard cause when us Ni**as do you report us to our hooyos. like man I'm just tryna f*ck and i know yall don't get no d*ck since yall muslim so yall thirsty. allow it man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3 Hunnit OTF)
    Yo to all somali muslim sisters, like on some legit ish. do you masturbate?

Also moving to you girls is hard cause when us Ni**as do you report us to our hooyos. like man I'm just tryna f*ck and i know yall don't get no d*ck since yall muslim so yall thirsty. allow it man.
    :lol: I fux wit ur name. #BDs

ReputationRep:
    :lol: I fux wit ur name. #BDs
    ...I always suspected you were really a girl #catfish

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.