Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Wow so much hate... It's like subs v non subs. Just calm the hell down. Every one... It's only the internet. There are some people out there, who unlike us, aren't on TSR because they have lives. You should envy those people, instead of fighting amongst yourselves
    Tell me why 5 subs decided to troll the thread then?

And then that answers why we kicked off.

We didn't go looking for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I'm not a regular but the 'regulars' here were nice enough to me... So it's just stupid subscribers spamming thinking they're funny.
    ****ing thank you mate.

We don't be horrible to anybody unless they take the piss and start winding people up.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you here anyway? If you just want to wind people up, dont post.

Let's be honest, most subs think they run the place with their private areas and whatnot.

Hope the last bit was a joke

_

I'm not a regular but the 'regulars' here were nice enough to me... So it's just stupid subscribers spamming thinking they're funny.
    Thank you!

All the genuine newcomers to the thread were welcomed and they integrated in pretty easily with everyone else. Don't know why they're making out like it was some exclusive club or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Let's be honest, most subs think they run the place with their private areas and whatnot.

_

Yup last bit was a joke

Also "says the sub" :P

(Original post by Twinport53)
    Tell me why 5 subs decided to troll the thread then?

And then that answers why we kicked off.

We didn't go looking for them.
    I don't know. I'm just the middle man. Leave me alone Both of you!

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean spot on? He has made a paragraph of total **** about none regulars being unwelcome when loads have people have joined since the 2nd thread alone. He couldn't be further from the truth.

Ah, so if I went in the Single society thread and spammed that with pictures, they would be happy with me interrupting every conversation with a toaster and squirrel pictures?

Didn't think so.
    Whether or not that's what you think is by-the-by, that's how you and others made it appear. Whether a flippant remark or not "this is not your territory" is moronic and, in an environment like this, is only going to attract flies to buzz around the carcass.

Since you're clearly having issues reading, give yourself another chance to read that over.

Both sides were in the wrong. That's what I said. Ok, I did so with a Shakespearean reference, so apologies if that went over your head. Would they be happy? No, but gloating about how every single one was reported and how you couldn't wait for them to be banned goes into the realm of "not fit for a 5 yr old".

Stop being so damn petty about everything,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    I don't know. I'm just the middle man. Leave me alone Both of you!
    Am not having a go at you dude.

But if I started spamming any thread that I have never posted in before, of course the people who are using the thread will be pissed. But of course that is fine because they are subs.

ReputationRep:

But if I started spamming any thread that I have never posted in before, of course the people who are using the thread will be pissed. But of course that is fine because they are subs.
    Subs aren't given any special treatment y'know

Case in point:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=1027011

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean spot on? He has made a paragraph of total **** about none regulars being unwelcome when loads have people have joined since the 2nd thread alone. He couldn't be further from the truth.
    Please don't insult Drewski. He's ex military. Have some respect and yes he is still correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Whether or not that's what you think is by-the-by, that's how you and others made it appear. Whether a flippant remark or not "this is not your territory" is moronic and, in an environment like this, is only going to attract flies to buzz around the carcass.

Since you're clearly having issues reading, give yourself another chance to read that over.

Both sides were in the wrong. That's what I said. Ok, I did so with a Shakespearean reference, so apologies if that went over your head. Would they be happy? No, but gloating about how every single one was reported and how you couldn't wait for them to be banned goes into the realm of "not fit for a 5 yr old".

Stop being so damn petty about everything,
    Again, use context, if you started a thread, are talking to people, anybody who joins 'normally' and not with spammed pictures is welcomed.

Who is in the wrong?

ReputationRep:

Protip: Take the high road.

Sinking to their level is hardly going to work is it?

You've heard the old saying: never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanctimonious)
    Please don't insult Drewski. He's ex military. Have some respect and yes he is still correct.
    Ex military doesn't give you some automatic right not to be insulted... if the insult is deserving of course (I'm in the middle I'm not saying anything)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plusC)
    and it got carded

Where's the love?
    for wanting to integrate?

ReputationRep:
    He isn't though.

If you all joined with a normal post, fine, try and read some pages of the thread to learn the context of a conversation, brilliant, but why did 5 people decide to spam it with hilarious pictures?

You might be sound as anything, but you and them, pissed me and other people off by immediately going on the wind up with the rest of them, why?

ReputationRep:

_

Says the guy who used to do it all the time.

How's Occams? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilypear)
    for wanting to integrate?
    Precisely. Ah well I best make a thread substitution if the arguments continue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Protip: Take the high road.

Sinking to their level is hardly going to work is it?

You've heard the old saying: never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    How can you take the high road when every other post is a 500x500 picture of a cloud or a bath or a shoe? How can you read that thread?

ReputationRep:
    Please don't insult Drewski. He's ex military..
    S'not the same thing as infallible.

ReputationRep:
    Lol ex military I must instantly give respect.

That's a no lad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by plusC)
    Precisely. Ah well I best make a thread substitution if the arguments continue.
    It's just so easy to derive humour from trolling threads...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    It's just so easy to derive humour from trolling threads...
    Had to rep :lol:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.