Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinderella25)
    I looked across the spec and didn't find it anywhere, Its on the responding to the environment section of past paper in thebiotutor
    If it isn't on the spec then I wouldn't worry about it. I've looked at all the OCR papers since 2010 and I haven't seen a question on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saltedcaramel1)
    Yaaas, it's pretty simple and it hasn't come up in forever so pretty good chance it will tomorrow
    I will dance around if that came up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzieee4)
    If it isn't on the spec then I wouldn't worry about it. I've looked at all the OCR papers since 2010 and I haven't seen a question on it
    Yeah I'm not going to bother with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me an overview of the advantages of innate behaviour?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenjadex)
    Advantage is that it does not need to be learned which is useful in invertebrates which have short life span and do not have time to learn behavior ))

ReputationRep:
    Advantage is that it does not need to be learned which is useful in invertebrates which have short life span and do not have time to learn behavior ))
    Oh and also that it has immediate survival value for young, inexperienced animals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEMathlete)
    Actually never mind, found it in the spec oh deaaaar

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well it's not too much to memorise really, here go to the bottom of page 7 from "Outline, with examples, the effects...Galapagos Islands."; what you need to know is in small bullet points.

http://www.thebiotutor.com/uploads/2..._questions.pdf

ReputationRep:
    can someone explain progeny testing and test crosses

ReputationRep:
    thanks very much

ReputationRep:
    also what's a dihybrid cross 😭😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenjadex)
    - Doesn't have to be learnt
    - Heritable/genetically determined
    - Uses few neurones; rapid
    -'Stereotypical'

Serves organisms well, say, if they need to escape harm's way fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMottram)
    This is probably a stupid question but:
    I know mrna is single stranded, but after transcription I swear two double strands are formed, so how does the mrna become single?
    Rnap lines up free floating RNA nucleotides against the template strands, so what happens then?
    I'm so confused!
    Thanks
    Noooo it's not DNA replication.In transcription only one strand acts as the template strand the other is the coding strand.

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't done June 14 argh

ReputationRep:
    Noooo it's not DNA replication.In transcription only one strand acts as the template strand the other is the coding strand.
    I realised this pretty much as soon as I posted it! Duh! I'm an idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMottram)
    This is probably a stupid question but:
    I know mrna is single stranded, but after transcription I swear two double strands are formed, so how does the mrna become single?
    Rnap lines up free floating RNA nucleotides against the template strands, so what happens then?
    I'm so confused!
    Thanks
    Basically when the Mrna nucleotides join to make mRna they don't actually form hydrogen bonds with the template strand, they simply use it as a template so it's single stranded anyway, does that make sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Difference between locus and linkage please? Anybody??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baymax96)
    same and I need an A for my offer
    hilarious..
    Same here for medicine. :P I'm hoping they'll be lenient if I'm 2 UMS off...

ReputationRep:
    link to old bio papers anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Because I literally know nothing as I've been busy watching TV for 5 days in a hospital and I finally got out! I'll do an allnighter, after all it is my last and final exam!!!!!
    does anyone have any tips and resources I could use please it's urgent!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich*****)
    Because I literally know nothing as I've been busy watching TV for 5 days in a hospital and I finally got out! I'll do an allnighter, after all it is my last and final exam!!!!!
    does anyone have any tips and resources I could use please it's urgent!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just look through past papers topic wise, that's the best tip

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.