Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssn2125)
    doubtful, i mean A02 is worth 2/3 of the marks, and methodology is part of a02
    wow, I worked so hard for this exam as well. can' believe ive done that!! oh well, its not like I wanted to get into uni anyway....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMolly)
    Addiction sounds nasty I'm doing schiz and media :' Media is so annoying, schizophrenia is so much more simple in comparison Are there Loopa predictions?
    Yeah its pretty bad :/ I haven't checked if Loopa have done predictions yet but judging by the accuracy of their ones for unit 3 this year I probs wont be relying on them for unit 4 much :') how are you revising for RM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMolly)
    I was told writing about infidelity, jealousy, acquisition of status and cuckoldry counted as multiple explanations, but you may be right. These are the ones we were taught to include in an infidelity/jealousy essay, anyway.
    Yeah same here, and I could be right but I could also be wrong, it really depends on what AQA want when marking it, but I have a feeling they'll be mean and count it as one explanation since sexual jealousy derives from infidelity and they're quite linked - I myself count it as one theory because the two parts go together. Guess it's up to AQA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellawhite4686)
    for the evolutionary explanations of aggression essay i wrote about infidelity and jealousy and referenced cuckoldry, uxoricide etc, however some people are saying you need to write about this AND group displays as it said explanationS? can someone confirm this as now im starting to panic! can i only get a maximum of half marks??!
    No what you wrote is fine I did what you did too. This question has come up quite a few years back and this is what the mark scheme said... So basically you can chose and write whatever you want and get full marks Name:  image.png
Views: 93
Size:  424.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    for the evolutionary explanations of aggression essay i wrote about infidelity and jealousy and referenced cuckoldry, uxoricide etc, however some people are saying you need to write about this AND group displays as it said explanationS? can someone confirm this as now im starting to panic! can i only get a maximum of half marks??!
    I don't think you will get half marks as long as you explained it thoroughly. It would usually say something like 'including sports and warefare' so idk :/ I just wrote about infidelity and cuckoldry so you're not alone lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by destwoyer)
    pretty sure it didnt say that. if it did that would mean max 2 A02 points for each explanation, since it was only a 20 marker which is stupid.
    But it did say that, so....

Ask anyone, it specifically said "explanations", not "explanation". Also that isn't stupid since the evaluation bit of the marks, 16 marks, stays the same and a02 is evaluation. The only part of the question that was reduced in marks was the a01 theory, because it was 4 marks, not 8 due to the 4 marker before. Therefore there is a very good chance I am right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Guys iforgot the definition of infidelity, so i literally put its when you have sexual intercourse with someone, who isnt your mate. would this be ok?
    One definition is: The action or state of being unfaithful to a spouse or other sexual partner.
    By mate, if you mean partner and not friend (:P) then what you said is fine I'd think.

I saw that message too. I've found that January 2011 PSYA3 had the same question:
    "Discuss evolutionary explanations of human aggression"
    Here's the markscheme for it.
    The focus is on this sentence:
    "Material onaggressive displays, especially in young men, aggression linked to sexual jealousy, andevolutionary explanations of group display, could all be relevant to the question"

'Could' it's only listing possible material that examiners should keep an eye out for.
    From this I think you're fine.

bullseye1
    charlie2466 - beat me to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullseye1)
    You need to write about both because the questions said "discuss explanation(s)" indicating they wanted more than 1 explanation written about. If you wrote about 2 different types of group display, war and sport, then that's two explanations which is fine but I think if you just wrote about sexual jealousy and infidelity that will count as only 1 explanation and you'd get half marks.
    For group displays there's three explanations in total though... Xenophobia/territoriality and warfare so that's more than one explanation Einstein.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktJmVnJH3mk
    MORE VIDEOS ON THE CHANNEL HAVE LOOK
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1W...BEC0q1jN6nGieg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayhay)
    June 2012 the question that came up was:
    "Discuss psychological research into media influences on pro-social behaviour (4+6)"
    So yeap.
    FYI 2013 Jan was
    "Discuss one or more explanations of media influence on pro-social behaviour (4+6)"
    That's theory :P
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullseye1)
    But it did say that, so....

Ask anyone, it specifically said "explanations", not "explanation". Also that isn't stupid since the evaluation bit of the marks, 16 marks, stays the same and a02 is evaluation. The only part of the question that was reduced in marks was the a01 theory, because it was 4 marks, not 8 due to the 4 marker before. Therefore there is a very good chance I am right.
    The examiners are more fond of depth than breadth, the chances of them wanting us to refer to two explanations for 4 marks I.e. 2 marks per explanation is highly unlikely. Also 'explanations' has been used on many past exam papers, and they've always been fine with just 1, I think they're just trying to give people a lot of choice in what they write

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People saying you need to mention infidelity, jealously and also talk about group displays such as warfare for aggression are wrong cos the question was split 4+16 hence 4 marks for ao1 and talking about infidelity and jealously should have been sufficient with a lot of evaluation!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, how many pages did everyone write? Just wondering I did nearly 11

ReputationRep:
    There is a God, and he goes by the name of Saj Devshi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy112233)
    Hey, how many pages did everyone write? Just wondering I did nearly 11
    I did 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    Yeh according to AQA its a big nono, and our teacher has said its best to not do this if you dont have a balanced essay its best to stick to one,
    I did a page for formation and around 2 for maintenance is this okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocj98)
    I did 10

ReputationRep:
    For bio rhythms i talked about the SCN in detail stuff like melatonin, pineal gland etc and Light as my exogenous zeitgber such as the protein CRY etc. If this is in detail can i get full a01 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toetothunder)
    wow, I worked so hard for this exam as well. can' believe ive done that!! oh well, its not like I wanted to get into uni anyway....
    I feel you!!! just ace psya4, think about it, you only needed to get close to full marks on 2 of your 24 markers to get a B

ReputationRep:
    Is it more likely that questions could be repeated two years in a row for unit 4?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.