Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    I took my AS exams in biology, chemistry, psychology and Spanish
    I was predicted BBBA respectively, let's see what I get in 6 days! I think I'm going to get ACBA based on how I felt the exams went but who knows!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 378
Size:  120.6 KB
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    How worried were you about AS, and did things go well in the end then?
    I didn't worry about AS as much, I think - idk I can't remember as far back as yesterday how can I remember my AS levels :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    again, he probably missed another STEP offer. firming cambridge and insuring imperial/warwick is not uncommon for the best mathematicians in the country, which im guessing was his course
    It's his own silly fault for picking a firm / insurance with near identical entry requirements then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    It's his own silly fault for picking a firm / insurance with near identical entry requirements then
    why go anywhere else other than cambridge/imperial/warwick for maths if you're capable of getting A*A*A*A*A at a-level tho
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    I didn't worry about AS as much, I think - idk I can't remember as far back as yesterday how can I remember my AS levels :bawling:
    I get it, this year is different I guess. You really need something to fill up your time there's not that long to go. :rofl: if you want I can send you over an entire book series I like, it'll keep you occupied for like years :yep: but really, summer isn't over yet, find summat to do ya know. The beach is nice

ReputationRep:
    why go anywhere else other than cambridge/imperial/warwick for maths if you're capable of getting A*A*A*A*A at a-level tho
    But he got rejected tjough? Hence he's obviously not capable of studying there

ReputationRep:
    Yes for the top unis for maths you need to do well in step thats the best indicator of how well youll do in a math degree. A levels cant compensate for a bad stepnperformance

ReputationRep:
    he probably was capable, just had a bad day with STEP. looks like he's doing fine now anyway, which was the whole point of the article
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I get it, this year is different I guess. You really need something to fill up your time there's not that long to go. :rofl: if you want I can send you over an entire book series I like, it'll keep you occupied for like years :yep: but really, summer isn't over yet, find summat to do ya know.
    Okayyyyyy I'll find something to do... :hmmm: Something which isn't reading - I'll watch modern family, I started it but never finished. :nope:

The beach is nice
    NOnonoNonONONONOnonoNO. :slap:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Okayyyyyy I'll find something to do... :hmmm: Something which isn't reading - I'll watch modern family, I started it but never finished. :nope:

NOnonoNonONONONOnonoNO. :slap:
    I understand, you'll probably get bored of reading stuff after semester 1 week 1 :lol: yesssss. Omg. It is literally life changing.. at least for me it was how far in are you? If I remember correctly the first season or two aren't great but it picks up from there.

:toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    So bored of waiting, but I'm so scared to find out my results... trying to find the middle ground but struggling 😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading the new Harry Potter play to pass the time...anyone else read it?

It's not great...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    In the off chance that I get rejected but actually achieved my offer do I call up the uni and correct them or is it too late?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I understand, you'll probably get bored of reading stuff after semester 1 week 1 :lol: yesssss. Omg. It is literally life changing.. at least for me it was how far in are you? If I remember correctly the first season or two aren't great but it picks up from there.

:toofunny:
    I'm already bored of reading. :emo:

Season one... Erm, probably 7-ish episodes, or more, I watched them absent mindedly bc they were a bit boring :erm: I heard it gets better so I was willing to endure how painfully mediocre the episodes were. :erm: Life changing? :rofl: Can I skip the first two seasons? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    In the off chance that I get rejected but actually achieved my offer do I call up the uni and correct them or is it too late?
    You should definitely call them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nahimjustaworm)

It's not great...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it's pretty damn appalling. i wanna change my username and everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nahimjustaworm)

It's not great...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and yes I really liked it. I think what most people aren't used to is the form it's in and because of it, it doesn't offer a lot of description and character development as such because it's meant to be seen and spoken aloud as opposed to read internally.

I really did enjoy it though, and I have tickets to see it ahhh can't wait!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)
    You should definitely call them
    Yeah, that's what I thought but I wouldn't want to embarrass myself by misunderstanding my offer thinking I should've been accepted but shouldn't (not that it's too complicated)
    it's pretty damn appalling. i wanna change my username and everything
    I thought it was MENT to be good?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I'm already bored of reading. :emo:

Season one... Erm, probably 7-ish episodes, or more, I watched them absent mindedly bc they were a bit boring :erm: I heard it gets better so I was willing to endure how painfully mediocre the episodes were. :erm: Life changing? :rofl: Can I skip the first two seasons? :beard:
    Should have done a maths degree :lol: (just kidding, there is more reading than you think... but not as much as other degrees ) yeah I don't blame you, not sure where I'd skip to though.. maybe try season 2 episode 1 and see how it goes, but you can probably skip it and learn stuff about the characters (which helps for the jokes to a certain extent) as you go.

... I think I'm hyping it up too much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.