Turn on thread page Beta

The European/World Football Thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Goal.com, they have yet to agree presonal terms though but it's reported that they have reached an agreement over the valuation of the player.
    Goal.com are the most untrustworthy source ever. I think it's more him wanting to go there, than them actually showing a keen interest in him.

He'd only be a bench warmer as Marcelo would start ahead of him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    Goal.com are the most untrustworthy source ever. I think it's more him wanting to go there, than them actually showing a keen interest in him.

True, unless Mourinho thinks Ronaldo and him will be more effective due to his nationality or something :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    It would be pointless buying Coentrao after the great season Marcelo has had. I probably prefer Coentrao as a player, but there is not that much difference in quality between the two imo. Pretty pointless buy if you ask me...

ReputationRep:
    Official- Ruud van Nistelrooy joins Malaga on one-year deal.

ReputationRep:
    Official- Ruud van Nistelrooy joins Malaga on one-year deal.
    Hey mate, do you know how i can get an avatar next to my name

ReputationRep:
    Hey mate, do you know how i can get an avatar next to my name
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/prof...?do=editavatar

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona's Lionel Messi assaulted by Rosario Central fan

Barcelona star Lionel Messi received a scare in his native city of Rosario, when a fan of local giants Rosario Central punched him in the face on leaving a restaurant to pose for a photo.

According to Telam, the hero of the Champions League final was eating lunch in the Club de la Milanesa restaurant with two friends, when a group of schoolchildren gathered outside and requested a photograph with one of the region's most famous sons.

There, Messi stood with the youngsters when he was spotted by a fan of Central. "I'm a Central supporter, you're from Newell's", the unknown individual reportedly shouted, landing a punch on the 23-year-old before being separated by the crowd which had gathered to see the Argentina and Barca number 10.

Lionel meanwhile made no reaction to the assault, and quietly withdrew from the scene without making any comment. He had gone to the restaurant with no security personnel, and was accompanied only by friends.
    Crazy..

ReputationRep:
    Do we have any Seria A followers? I wanted to know the contract situation around Criscito. Genoa saying he won't stay beyond the summer but I can't work out why he's leaving? Fallen out? Wants to move on? Not much time left on his contract?

EDIT:

Ok I think he has a contract till 2014 but the president will let him leave for a big fee of around 15-20mil euros..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Do we have any Seria A followers? I wanted to know the contract situation around Criscito. Genoa saying he won't stay beyond the summer but I can't work out why he's leaving? Fallen out? Wants to move on? Not much time left on his contract?

EDIT:

Ok I think he has a contract till 2014 but the president will let him leave for a big fee of around 15-20mil euros..
    Your posts seem to be very finance orientated, in terms of fees and wages of players.

ReputationRep:
    It is true that Coentrao is interested in joining Real but I can´t see him leaving for 22 million, Bayern stopped chasing him because Benfica allegedly demanded around 30 million for him.

ReputationRep:
    Your posts seem to be very finance orientated, in terms of fees and wages of players.
    Yea I'm a finance kinda guy but likewise curious as to what price range/budget he'd fall within and how he compares with the alternatives.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching the France game? The kit looks yuck...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching the France game? The kit looks yuck...
    Is it white with thin blue stripes?

In the Toulon Tournament its like that, it is disgusting..but no idea if its the same kit as you're seeing now..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Is it white with thin blue stripes?

In the Toulon Tournament its like that, it is disgusting..but no idea if its the same kit as you're seeing now..
    Yeah, same one.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, same one.
    Then yes, it is yuck! When watching that game yesterday game it kinda just doesn't seem like France with that kit. I don't know..you just don't associate France with a kit like that.

ReputationRep:
    Should be watching the tennis, it's epic.

ReputationRep:

nope, the deal is pretty much done and i think coentrao will go on the right to aid di maria as that was their partnership 2 years ago in Benfica but on the left. Then ramos could go back to cb and maybe rotate with carvalho or maybe pepe might go cdm again as he did against barca cos tbh he did immense

ReputationRep:
    and i reckon at least kun aguero or fabregas will come. but only problem is that atletico dont want to sell him to real, they say any club but real. but i think that kun wants to come cos he said he wants to stay. and good thing about fabregas deal is that we are the only club willing to pay 55+ for him and thats what wenger wants. barca no way gonna pay more than 30 mil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el moro)
    and i reckon at least kun aguero or fabregas will come. but only problem is that atletico dont want to sell him to real, they say any club but real. but i think that kun wants to come cos he said he wants to stay. and good thing about fabregas deal is that we are the only club willing to pay 55+ for him and thats what wenger wants. barca no way gonna pay more than 30 mil
    Fabregas snubbing Barcelona for Madrid? Dream on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el moro)
    Fabregas would never reject Barcelona for Real madrid

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.