University of Leeds Accomodation 2011 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Igor00
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by J o o)
Should I be getting worried that I haven't gotten an accommodation email yet . _ .

It seems that most people already got theirs...
Haven't got mine either, so I called them earlier today (yesterday, really) and was told that I'm still being allocated and not to worry.

I'm packing a cardboard box just in case.
Muffinz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
That's fine then saves you some money too. I've always loved apple, my mum limits me to how many i can have otherwise i could eat well over 10 in a couple of hours and no else gets any :lol:// Sweet! Don't plan on taking one up? It makes it so much easier to be fit, i used to do athletics 2 hours a week, eat all kind of crap constantly and still had 6 pacs then , so really can't wait to get back to that. You seem to be in a really great position though
I don't know, I still don't think I have the confidence to do team sports. I'm happy with my plan though

Have you got everything you ned for moving in yet?
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Muffinz)
I don't know, I still don't think I have the confidence to do team sports. I'm happy with my plan though

Have you got everything you ned for moving in yet?
aww, Whatever works

nearly, need a duvet and toiletries. Hbu? When do you move in?
adamcarter22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rachelll=))
Does anyone know about bus passes? Do we just get them when we get there or have to get them online or what? :dontknow:

I'm at Oxley btw.
I'm at oxley as well. I bought a years bus pass online for £312 which us quite a lot but I can use all the buses in west yorkshire
YYZ
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Got my accomodation email this morning. Got a place in Sentinel Towers, in tower A. Wikipedia says that tower A is mostly for international exchange students. Is that true?

e: Just phoned up because I was worrying a bit, and they said that they were struggling to find a place for everyone this year, so it'll probably be a mix.
Deej
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by YYZ)
Got my accomodation email this morning. Got a place in Sentinel Towers, in tower A. Wikipedia says that tower A is mostly for international exchange students. Is that true?

e: Just phoned up because I was worrying a bit, and they said that they were struggling to find a place for everyone this year, so it'll probably be a mix.
Hii! I'm in block A too. whats your flat number?!
99 Red Balloons
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Only found one flatmate so far! Anyone Lupton A1.3..?
raquelfunch
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just wondering if anyone knows whether Montague Burton has ironing boards or whether i need to bring one ?
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by raquelfunch)
Just wondering if anyone knows whether Montague Burton has ironing boards or whether i need to bring one ?
There's an ironing board that hangs on the back of the shower room door.
Se0n
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just got mine now. Got St. Mark's; not exactly what I was hoping for since I'll need to find another place for semester 2. Ah well, guess it's better than nothing.

St. Mark's...anyone? anyone?
Teh User
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Se0n)
I just got mine now. Got St. Mark's; not exactly what I was hoping for since I'll need to find another place for semester 2. Ah well, guess it's better than nothing.

St. Mark's...anyone? anyone?
Normally drop outs will mean you get a room elsewhere.
eirini_infotech
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Meh, I got a room in St. Marks Residences too :/
I did not really like it. And it is by faaar, I mean not even close(!), to what I had originally applied for.
I am really disappointed at the University but at the same time I know they are dealing with a great number of students..

Also, we'll have to move out in January.Then what? Will the university offer help or do we have to rip-off our families' money and get private housing...?
Oh God, I'll be a homeless student in 2012 :P
Se0n
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Teh User)
Normally drop outs will mean you get a room elsewhere.
Then I'm going to shamelessly say. I have never hoped for someone, anyone to drop out of Uni so badly.
eirini_infotech
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mazvydas)
Just got my accommodation offer. And well, it's St Mark's. Not really what I was expecting, but probably it's better than nothing considering the fact that I'm a late applicant.

Maybe you guys know anybody who's going to live over there?
Hey, I also got a room in St.Mark's
I'm in block D.What about you? Have you been there before?
strengthandhonour
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Trying to register on the e-Portal - on setting up payment for tuition fees, presumably if you are getting a loan for it you don't have to fill anything out here?

Cheers.
Muffinz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
aww, Whatever works

nearly, need a duvet and toiletries. Hbu? When do you move in?
I'm almost sorted too... just need a few more kitchen items and some towels (unless my mother points me to something I've missed)... that and gotta send off my letters!
Shrp
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by strengthandhonour)
Trying to register on the e-Portal - on setting up payment for tuition fees, presumably if you are getting a loan for it you don't have to fill anything out here?

Cheers.
yeah it says it somewhere on the page that if the fees are being paid by a loan company to just leave it blank. or something similar
Muffinz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ahhh God... I'm going to die of alcohol poisoning on Freshers x_x there's so many parties I want to go to!
tassie8D
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ahhh God... I'm going to die of alcohol poisoning on Freshers x_x there's so many parties I want to go to!
have you bought any tickets yet?
oliviaL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha me to! They all look really cool im so excited for freshers now
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads