Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the bundesliga just waste a space after the big two. Like the other two are just there to get knocked out in the round of 16.

ReputationRep:
    Cassilas denied a cleansheet at extra time.Tough luck.

ReputationRep:
    He's been the cup keeper and Real haven't conceded on the way to the CDR final, Messi, Neymar and Alexis may have something to say

The Huntelaar goal was a beautiful goal, one of the best consolation goal I have seen. The technique was excellent.

Speaking of the Bundesliga, I have heard the Ter Stegen €12m deal is wrapped up with a medical completed last week.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Yeah, the bundesliga just waste a space after the big two. (...)
    The problem is that there are no another teams after Bayern and Dortmund which are able to beat 'big teams' in Europe. 19 points ahead to the second in Bundesliga is a characteristic of the weakness which exist in Bundesliga at the moment. Too boring to watch. :sigh: And I guess that nothing will be changed in the next years both in Bundesliga and in Champions League. Congratulations to Madrid.The team has shown the Bundesliga up, that the rest of German teams are not good enough to be permanently successful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icecream1)

Speaking of the Bundesliga, I have heard the Ter Stegen €12m deal is wrapped up with a medical completed last week.

Yep, looks like it. Halilovic deal also done according to Croatian and Catalan media. Zubizarretta was pictured in Zagreb today. Great signing, but the board should look into more urgent signings for the first team more.

ReputationRep:
    Griezmann called up to les blue. About time as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :dice:

ReputationRep:
    Rafa Alcántara is bbva's player of the month. Imo he looks potentially more talented than Thiago. Hopefully Bayern won't snap him up, he would be wasted on their bench. Even though it would be tempting to see both Alcántaras in one team. :holmes: Won't be possible now on NT level either since Rafa has decided to play for Brazil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    :dice:
    I swear we've called Greizmann multiple times in the past.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    I swear we've called Greizmann multiple times in the past.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah we did lol. Hope he comes to the prem, as long as it's not City buying him. I'm calling Ruben Pardo next.

ReputationRep:
    Halilovic seems like a younger version of Messi.Dependant on his left foot and those curly finnesse finishing just like Messi.Of course he's playing in lower league.But,that does'nt change the fact that his style is exactly like Messi.Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economist2)
    Halilovic seems like a younger version of Messi.Dependant on his left foot and those curly finnesse finishing just like Messi.Of course he's playing in lower league.But,that does'nt change the fact that his style is exactly like Messi.Thoughts?
    You watch Croatian league football?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    You watch Croatian league football?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    nah.youtube videos...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economist2)
    I've watched him for Dinamo since the 2012/13 season (which was when he made his first team debut and the hype started). I must say he reminds me a lot of Modrić at the same age. But then you could also compare him to Iniesta, although he's more of a goal threat and better finisher than both. Can play AM, RW and perhaps even false 9.

Some resemblances to Messi are there:
    -amazing dribbling skills
    -likes to cut inside from the right wing
    -similar ball control & movement in 1v1s
    -good finisher
    -left-footed
    -small
    -does not like to pass

So yes, he does resemble 17-year-old Messi in terms of his style and skills (perhaps even talent -not sure about that), but at 17 Messi was already the better player by some distance.

His attitude on the pitch & link-up play needs improving, because imo right now he's still too much into shinging individually rather than doing what's best for the team in the situation. A lot of the time he opts for a clever & flashy trick or dribble when a pass would be much better. But at 17 that's not yet a problem.

Obviously he's got loads of potential, but his future will depend on how he will cope with the hype & whether he lets it get to his head. Overall he seems to be a character like Deulofeu, a bit arrogant/self-centered, but as I said at 17 that's still very normal.

Already broke two records:
    - youngest debutant for Dinamo ever
    - second youngest player in Champions League history at 16

Deal seems done, he announced it on his instagram.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Jordooooom)
    I hope people will realise now that the reason Barcelona and Madrid can beat teams 4 or 5 nil in the league is not because the teams in the league are terrible but because Madrid and barca are so strong.
    I don't get it why the Spanish football should be so boring. In comparison to the German League, the Spanish one is very exciting. There are three teams right now which are fighting for championship. And even if Barcelona and Madrid are the only teams which are fighting for championship so it is still so much better than the championship in German League which is dominated by a single team and decided six or seven weeks before the end of the season. In my opinion the Spanish football fans and the Spanish football league could be envied about the current constellation.

ReputationRep:
    Oh man Atletico vs Real. Better be a good game :coma:

ReputationRep:
    A 1-0 win from Diego Costa would be nice but Real are in form especially with the big CL win midweek.

ReputationRep:
    Penalty not given and a happy number of dirty fouls not booked. Business as usual for RFEF. Can't wait for the match report.

ReputationRep:
    How long has coentrao been in the real team for now?

Kokeeeeeeeee

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good hit from Koke

Modric has got to be the pound-for-pound strongest player in the league. What a tank.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.