Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    He's one of the reasons why Everton has been punching above their weight for so long. Proven prem player, adds some strength into your team since Diaby seems to breakdown every 5th game. Add to the fact that he's been forced to play in an attacking role when he's always been saying he wants to sit infront of the defence at Everton. He's only 25 and will only continue to improve. Arteta is what 30+? How is he not worth £22 million....
    +1. Don't see why people don't think this is a good thing. He was one of Evertons best players this season, I remember him absolute bossing the midfield v United when they played there, was MOTM by a mile. Calm with the ball and has an aggressiveness about him we need that Arteta doesn't have. Any club in the top 4 would love to have Fellaini.

He is definitely worth £22m, maybe it's because we're not used to spending proper money on players that people are wary. Arsenal will not sign a better DM than him for that money. Plus, he's PL proven. He's entertaining to watch as well, a word you wouldn't exactly associate with Arteta this season.

Obviously I know it's just a rumour but for me that would be such a massive signing for us, he is a genuinely great player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    the Times saying we've made an official £22m bid for Fellaini.

If true, thoughts?
    Why not? He's a beast who would add height, physicality and goals to our midfield.

ReputationRep:
    http://youtu.be/gelfSFMRP8U?t=1m12s Dat volley :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I've been a long time admirer so if this is true then it's a strong signing I'm more than happy with. I didn't think we needed a DM for another season but if Fellaini's on offer...gotta be snapped up now and it 100% improves the starting XI. Man I hope this one is true.

ReputationRep:
    Are people really saying that 22m is too much for Fellaini?? WT actual F :lolwut: Do you not live in the real world or even watch football?

Seems like Wenger has well and truely spoilt you. What, you're expecting another Cazorla 12m signing? That was day light looting.

You want to know what 12m gets you? Gervinho. Giroud. Podolski calibre esque players. Even Ox, an unproven 17 year old cost 15m (same thing as Zaha?). Fellaini at 22m given his age and versitality, is good value. Citeh just payed 30m for an older Brazilian fella. Food for thought there.

Anyways, anyone got access to The Times? I've highly sceptical of this, did they mention that we bid for him or activated his release clause. Pedantic, I know but it'll decide how credible the story is for me. Even if we did activte his clasue, I'd expect United to just match it. My money is that he'll end up there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explicit4u)
    He's a talented lad but I don't like his temperament and I don't think he's good enough to replace what we have, especially at £22mil!

He's better than Arteta but not £22mil better.
    Actually, Arteta cost 10m and he's definetly 12m better. Heck, he is 22m better.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people are against the signing of Fellaini wow. He's exactly what we need I'd welcome him with open arms quality player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I can't believe people are against the signing of Fellaini wow. He's exactly what we need I'd welcome him with open arms quality player.
    Unbelievable player, his power and directness would transform us. But he's not exactly a Wenger player is he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Unbelievable player, his power and directness would transform us. But he's not exactly a Wenger player is he?
    He's perhaps not a modern-Wenger player, but he could still flourish in the same way someone like Vieira did. Not saying Fellaini is that good, because he's not as technically brilliant as Vieira was, but he still fits the mold of rampaging central midfielder who can muscle through teams and makes good runs from deep.

For all we remember the great Arsenal team of the early 00's for Pires, Bergkamp, Henry, I think people don't appreciate that they had real bullies in their team too. Vieira and Parlour come to mind straight away. I feel like Fellaini is a step in the right direction for Arsenal and a midfield combination of Cazolra/Wilshere/Fellaini sounds like, potentially, the best central midfield in the whole league.

That said, I can't see Man Utd not sneaking in and trying to get Fellaini for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Neither is Giroud to be fair, but he's adapted fairly well and given us a different option up front.

I'd be absolutely delighted with Fellaini.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    He lacks the technical ability to effectively play DM/DLP. In that role the technical ability to pass the ball is more important than the defensive covering. The DM is one of the key roles in the attacking phase, I'm pretty sure Fellaini could fulfil the defensive side of the role, he has good positioning, discipline and physicality. If we did get him it would be a good statement of intent but Capoue would be much more effective in an arsenal team.

ReputationRep:
    Midfield of Fellaini. wilshere, cazorla will boss 90% of the league

Fellaini's technical ability is very underrated just because hes so physical people think he has the technical ability of scott parker, Hes not gonna spray balls like xabi alonso but I think he would be great tbh, £20mill in a heart beat

ReputationRep:
    Fellaini was one of the best players I watched this season the ball sticks to him like glue and he can play as well as being a physical force

ReputationRep:
    No no no fellaini is sooooo overrated....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You gotta consider aswell Everton bought him for £15mill so its not like they're ripping anyone off with that price

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    He lacks the technical ability to effectively play DM/DLP. In that role the technical ability to pass the ball is more important than the defensive covering. The DM is one of the key roles in the attacking phase, I'm pretty sure Fellaini could fulfil the defensive side of the role, he has good positioning, discipline and physicality. If we did get him it would be a good statement of intent but Capoue would be much more effective in an arsenal team.
    Lool, you say Fellaini is not technically good enough to play as our deepest midfielder and then go on to say we should buy the player who has the least technical ability out of all the DM's we've been linked with. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    good signing.

ReputationRep:
    I think Fellani would be great for Arsenal.

If he wasn't an Everton player and we had more money, I wouldn't have been upset with him signing for Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Star)
    Lool, you say Fellaini is not technically good enough to play as our deepest midfielder and then go on to say we should buy the player who has the least technical ability out of all the DM's we've been linked with. :confused:
    Have you watched Capoue this season? Did you know a deal was done for him in January with a medical booked? He's the perfect blend of technical ability and defensive strength, he would slot into out team perfectly as a DM/DLP. If we did Buy Fellaini he would be most effective in Central midfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Have you watched Capoue this season? Did you know a deal was done for him in January with a medical booked? He's the perfect blend of technical ability and defensive strength, he would slot into out team perfectly as a DM/DLP. If we did Buy Fellaini he would be most effective in Central midfield.
    Gervinho absolutely bossed Ligue 1 and cant even kick a ball in the EPL, Etienne capoue is still untested and we need proven quality.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.