Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk VIII - MHoC Chat Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I'm also in Yr 11 taking it alongside GCSEs lol, I was just keen to see who else here does it
    Everything you've said is true!
    Lol, How did you find the unit 1 exam? I feel like the questions were good but my answers werent detailed enough And I am also super nervous about the Unit 2 exam and the 40 mark questions. how are you coping?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Sahir_s)
    Lol, How did you find the unit 1 exam? I feel like the questions were good but my answers werent detailed enough And I am also super nervous about the Unit 2 exam and the 40 mark questions. how are you coping?
    I feel for you, I also thought the Unit 1 exam wasn't too difficult but I feel like I didn't capitalise on that (perhaps I was underprepared?) and lost out on some easy marks...

Dreading the 40 marker lol
    Not much more time left till the exam :O
    I haven't revised that much so I'll be putting the effort in during the weekend!

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I feel for you, I also thought the Unit 1 exam wasn't too difficult but I feel like I didn't capitalise on that (perhaps I was underprepared?) and lost out on some easy marks...

Dreading the 40 marker lol
    Not much more time left till the exam :O
    I haven't revised that much so I'll be putting the effort in during the weekend!

Good luck
    Winging it all the way my friend.
    Good lucccck
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Sahir_s)
    Winging it all the way my friend.
    Good lucccck
    Yep.
    Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will95206)
    Surely as a Tory why not the UUP?
    I would vote for whoever had the best chance to beat the Republicans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    I would vote for whoever had the best chance to beat the Republicans.
    Fair, enough tactical but on the whole I would have though the UUP would be support by most of the Tory party as DUP is quite working class and more loyalists than unionist.

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think to the by- election in Newark?

ReputationRep:
    What everyone think to the by- election in Newark?
    Conservative win - UKIP second.

What does everyone think to the by- election in Newark?
    Has it happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacDaddi)
    Has it happened?
    Next Thursday.

I think Labour will win.

Next Thursday.

I think Labour will win.
    Are you being serious? Too big of a Tory majority. Imo, Labour aren't a party fit to win anything at the moment
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Next Thursday.

I think Labour will win.
    I can't see it being a Labour win at all. I can't remember where I read it, but didn't the EU election count around that area show a UKIP win? That doesn't mean to say that they will win as we have to correct for it being an EU election, but UKIP have a good chance I'd say. My prediction: Conservative hold, UKIP possibly second, but the Conservative majority seriously dented.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Next Thursday.

I think Labour will win.
    I can't see it being a Labour win at all. I can't remember where I read it, but didn't the EU election count around that area show a UKIP win? That doesn't mean to say that they will win as we have to correct for it being an EU election, but UKIP have a good chance I'd say. My prediction: Conservative hold, UKIP possibly second, but the Conservative majority seriously dented.

ReputationRep:
    I also think a Tory win - quite small but a win all the same. Increased poll rating (the Tories are not doing badley). Labour are too far behind and UKIP are the real threat but I have the feeling some Lib Dems might vote Tory to stop UKIP getting the seat. Wikipedia

Also the whole Tory cabinet is being thrown at the area! Conservative Home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    (Original post by MacDaddi)
    Are you being serious? Too big of a Tory majority. Imo, Labour aren't a party fit to win anything at the moment

I think a strong UKIP showing will dent the Tory and let Labour through.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I think a strong UKIP showing will dent the Tory and let Labour through.
    I'm not so sure really, you'd have to have a swing of 16000 votes to both UKIP and Labour for that to happen and I can't see that happening especially as Labour aren't really trying in the area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I'm not so sure really, you'd have to have a swing of 16000 votes to both UKIP and Labour for that to happen and I can't see that happening especially as Labour aren't really trying in the area.
    Yeah looks like they have given up and as for the Lib Dems it is a no hoper nationally let along in a non-strong hold.

ReputationRep:
    I think it will be a relatively easy Tory hold given the current MP had 50%+ percent of the vote.

Tories will drop to 35-40%.
    Labour and Ukip will both poll around the 25-30% mark.
    Libs will be lucky to retain their deposit.

ReputationRep:
    I think Newark will be a narrow Tory win. Nick the Flying Brick Delves to get over 200 votes for the Monster Raving Loony Party.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Joey Barton on Question Time tonight:

"If I'm somewhere & there was four really ugly girls, I'm thinking she's not the worst - that's all UKIP are."

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.