Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one that writes 12[insert form letter] on all hwks/assignments? 3 weeks in, and it hasn't quite sunk in that I'm one of the oldest at my school now
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oyyoyy)
    Am I the only one that writes 12[insert form letter] on all hwks/assignments? 3 weeks in, and it hasn't quite sunk in that I'm one of the oldest at my school now
    Nope, I do too- I signed myself out of school as a year 12 the other day, a teacher corrected me so I crossed it out and wrote 12 again, before doing the same thing signing back in about half an hour later. He couldn't stop laughing at me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Haha I didn't even have to negotiate ! . Yup haha, do you know my school then :ninja:

You hope its less A*s ?
    Very weird that's the case since you're used to having to prove yourself there. Haha you told me remember lol, but yeah I know it

A* predictions don't really have any advantages for medicine, so I'd rather stay realistic
    (Original post by furryface12)
    That just about sums up where I live except I'm probably even more in the middle of nowhere- at least keele's got Newcastle near it

I think it was as much the teachers with chemistry I didn't like, were they as good as one of the physics ones I might have enjoyed it more but I just didn't get on with them and ended up basically self teaching it all, as I did with GCSE. I can see why people find it interesting though

I hear leicester's good for medicine- I might apply there for physics too if I go for that. Where's HYMS? Not heard of that one before. Are you applying for chemistry as a fifth option?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure its not that bad. It must be cool though when you tell people where you live and they're like :lolwut:

That's the case with most teachers tbh. You get the odd few who makes lessons enjoyable, other than that, they make you dread it.

Leicester is a great uni in general you should, well if you want too. Hull-York medical school, they're two unis but they do admissions together and stuff. I'm applying for pharmacy now
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure its not that bad. It must be cool though when you tell people where you live and they're like :lolwut:

That's the case with most teachers tbh. You get the odd few who makes lessons enjoyable, other than that, they make you dread it.

Leicester is a great uni in general you should, well if you want too. Hull-York medical school, they're two unis but they do admissions together and stuff. I'm applying for pharmacy now
    It is quite funny tbf, people are like 'where are you from?' 'Shropshire' 'oh... Right... Sooo *insert subject change here*

Ohh I have heard of that, someone a couple of years above me went a few years ago :yep: And I thought about pharmacy for a bit, that was before I realised how bad I was at chemistry though :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is quite funny tbf, people are like 'where are you from?' 'Shropshire' 'oh... Right... Sooo *insert subject change here*

Ohh I have heard of that, someone a couple of years above me went a few years ago :yep: And I thought about pharmacy for a bit, that was before I realised how bad I was at chemistry though :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right :rolleyes: sooo.... :lol:

Oh wow, that's great. This sounds stupid, but do you need chemistry for pharmacy? Maybe pharmacology?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    Oh right :rolleyes: sooo.... :lol:

Oh wow, that's great. This sounds stupid, but do you need chemistry for pharmacy? Maybe pharmacology?
    :lol: Apparently you're another one that doesn't know where it is then

Yeah you do, most say two sciences including chemistry with biology as a preferred but not compulsory option. I think I'll just stick to the physics side of things personally, or maybe even engineering or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :lol: Apparently you're another one that doesn't know where it is then

Yeah you do, most say two sciences including chemistry with biology as a preferred but not compulsory option. I think I'll just stick to the physics side of things personally, or maybe even engineering or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

So sorry about that. My geography is pretty poor to be fair

Oh right, I see then, at least you've got the physics side like you said
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    So sorry about that. My geography is pretty poor to be fair

Oh right, I see then, at least you've got the physics side like you said
    Don't worry, I'm used to it! And yep, at least that narrows my options a little bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I need a bit of help with my ucas form! How do I enter my AS cash in grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, if I retake an AS exam in my A2 year, will I have to resubmit the whole AS level for regrading?

ReputationRep:
    How would you draw the graph for 6e^2x?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farringtonn)
    How would you draw the graph for 6e^2x?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do it in steps

Step 1: Draw y=e^x

Step 2: Draw y=e^2x (you can skip step 1 if you can remember this graph)

Step 3: Multiply y-coordinates by scale factor 6, making it a more steeper graph crossing at (0,6) Now you have y=6e^2x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Do it in steps

Step 1: Draw y=e^x

Step 2: Draw y=e^2x (you can skip step 1 if you can remember this graph)

Step 3: Multiply y-coordinates by scale factor 6, making it a more steeper graph crossing at (0,6) Now you have y=6e^2x
    E^2x crosses at (0,1) doesn't it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farringtonn)
    E^2x crosses at (0,1) doesn't it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup y=e^{2x} When x=0 y=e^{2(0)}=1
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choppie)
    Hmm, if I retake an AS exam in my A2 year, will I have to resubmit the whole AS level for regrading?
    Surely it would just contribute to the whole A level, in which case that grade would override the AS one anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    University is so tiring :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    :teeth: Spill the beans! What've you been up to?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Do tell

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    How is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Economics markschemes are so ridiculous :sigh:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.