Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Received two emails from W&C in response to my update email. It would seem like they are probably waiting to see how the first wave of video interviews go before considering sending out a second wave.
    That's interesting, could you elaborate as to what they said in the email(s)? Had myself written off as a PFO (still do) but this might have dangerously given me a glimmer of hope...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Slightly odd question, but does TC recruitment/interviews typically run through to September?

I'm done with vac schemes by the end of July, but just wondering when would be safe to do a bit of travelling/holidaying before starting final year.
    Depends on the firm and the size of their intake.

Most will do their TC recruitment in August and/or the first week or two in September. The bigger the intake the more likely it is to be spread out over a number of weeks.

If they have multiple interview rounds, then it's more likely to be throughout that 6-7 week period.

Most firms looked to get it wrapped up by early September though, as they are then back out on campus from the first week in October with law fairs/campus events.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    That's interesting, could you elaborate as to what they said in the email(s)? Had myself written off as a PFO (still do) but this might have dangerously given me a glimmer of hope...

Dear XYZ

Thank you for your interest in White & Case.

Please note that we receive high volumes of applications but will be in touch in due course.

If your application is successful, you will be invited to participate in our video interviewing process.

Should your circumstances change, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

The Graduate Resourcing Team

Hello xyz

Apologies for you not receiving an answer yet. We are in the final stages of assessment due to a large amount of applications and will be sending out further interview invites in due course.

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Many Thanks
    xyz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawTC)
    Well done! May I ask when you applied to RPC, when you completed the test and when they invited you to interview? Thanks very much!
    Thanks I applied on the deadline, got an invite to the online test on the 13th, then got my interview invite on the 20th.

ReputationRep:

Very interesting... to me the first one screams "we're just waiting to get around to rejecting everyone who hasn't already been invited" but the second one is, obviously, somewhat positive. Thanks for the info bud

ReputationRep:
    oh damn, looks like Olswang will be a PFO
    ah me too trying to convince myself that they didn't get around to ringing everyone today haha. i would have thought they could have just emailed us on the same day to put us out of our misery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooOldForTC)
    Thanks I applied on the deadline, got an invite to the online test on the 13th, then got my interview invite on the 20th.
    Brilliant, good luck for it! Did they email you or call you to invite you to interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by np2807)
    ah me too trying to convince myself that they didn't get around to ringing everyone today haha. i would have thought they could have just emailed us on the same day to put us out of our misery.
    Yeah, I guess we'll see tomorrow - definitely think I shot myself in the foot by saying where I applied/had offers from.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I guess we'll see tomorrow - definitely think I shot myself in the foot by saying where I applied/had offers from.
    I'm still waiting too - I was told at my interview that they would make offers Monday/Tuesday and to 'start panicking by Thursday'. I don't think it's a bad thing to say where else you've applied, they know it would be brave/reckless to just pin everything on one firm!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just hoping White & Case get back to me (preferably with an offer!) in the next couple of days, I'm hoping they don't keep me waiting for a week or two until they've had more video interviews in D:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they don't mind hearing that, it makes you look like a stronger applicant if anything because you are obviously good if you have other offers i found that commercial task difficult to be honest, i don't know wtf i was saying for half of it so kind of wishful thinking on my part to hope that i have an offer haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mlawstu)
    Has anybody heard back from Pinsent Masons yet after the interview?
    Not yet. They said we should hear by the end of the week

ReputationRep:
    If we are rejected from a firm this year, are we allowed to apply for the following year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazooo)
    If we are rejected from a firm this year, are we allowed to apply for the following year?
    If you cant show you've improved somehow - like theres something drastically different that you've done - maybe taken a role up as a paralegal or something. I don't really see the point.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what Squire Patton Boggs assessment day involves?

ReputationRep:
    DWF Face-to-Face Interview tips anyone?
    Also, I haven't heard back from Taylor Wessing, Dentons, Milbank or Eversheds yet. Sucks.

ReputationRep:
    I have been rejected from IM too! :/ I was wondering if anyone knows whether you are still able to apply to their training contract this year. So I applied for the training contract and vacation scheme and have been rejected but could potentially re submit a TC application this year or would I have to wait until next year?

Would also be grateful of any face to face interview tips!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkkkk)
    If you cant show you've improved somehow - like theres something drastically different that you've done - maybe taken a role up as a paralegal or something. I don't really see the point.
    But there's no absolute bar on applying again is there? I may try and improve my application to apply next year, although I think once you get rejected they probably remember your name/application so I won't be getting my hopes up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by auroa17)
    I have been rejected from IM too! :/ I was wondering if anyone knows whether you are still able to apply to their training contract this year. So I applied for the training contract and vacation scheme and have been rejected but could potentially re submit a TC application this year or would I have to wait until next year?

Would also be grateful of any face to face interview tips!
    Sorry to hear about your rejection, I got a PFO too and wanted to know the same thing - whether I could apply for the TC only during the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazooo)
    But there's no absolute bar on applying again is there? I may try and improve my application to apply next year, although I think once you get rejected they probably remember your name/application so I won't be getting my hopes up.

I spoke to a trainee at the law fair and she applied and got rejected first time and then re applied and got accepted. She said don't give up if you get rejected once, if you want it bad enough just keep applying

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.