Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    MARCH?! What? That's so early! You'll smash the test for sure haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha man I don't think so!I'd love to but we are in the real world Anyway,consider that in these 8 months I had also to cope with school,extracurriculars,IELTS,UK CAT and everything possible in life so try to imagine what I look like at the moment :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omni Vanitas)
    Wah wah wah! March!? Wow, don't worry, I'm sure you're quite prepared! Good luck!
    Haha I hope so Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxSarah)
    Haha I hope so Good luck to you too!
    What are you applying for btw?

ReputationRep:
    What are you applying for btw?
    Medicine what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Medicine what about you?
    Awesome! Music
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Haha man I don't think so!I'd love to but we are in the real world Anyway,consider that in these 8 months I had also to cope with school,extracurriculars,IELTS,UK CAT and everything possible in life so try to imagine what I look like at the moment :coma:
    That's true! I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end; I bet you can't wait until the summer holidays for a dose of rest and relaxation hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! Music
    Cool!It seems interesting which college?

ReputationRep:
    Cool!It seems interesting which college?
    Worcester:king1:
    Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    That's true! I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end; I bet you can't wait until the summer holidays for a dose of rest and relaxation hahaha.
    Absolutely!I've already started planning my 'what to do' list (hoping for the best!)
    Anyway,since I'm an italian applicant I think that in the case I do not get offers from UK universities I have to spend the whole summer not only preparing for the final examination but also studying for another admission test used in Italy to access medical schools
    Yes,that would be awful especially for my mental health!

ReputationRep:
    Worcester:king1:
    Yourself?
    Christ Church :bhangra:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else applied to computer science at St Anne's ??? And how are computer scientists finding the computer science MAT questions ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamara98)
    Maaaaan I thought I was the only one !
    I applied to read English and French. I have two tests (ELAT and MLAT) on the 4th and I have to write two essays while handling a gigantic amount of school work (not even lying, usually I don't complain but this year's is phenomenal). Oh well. I'm still happy I applied otherwise I would be stuffing my face with chocolate cake regretting it :'
    What about you ?

Hahaha, good luck !!
    I've literally told all my teachers in the past 2 weeks before half term that any homework was catagorically not going to be done until after Nov 4th.... so once all this test malarky is over I've got about 15 pieces of homework due in
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathscot)
    Anyone else applied to computer science at St Anne's ??? And how are computer scientists finding the computer science MAT questions ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Noooooo, competition!!! I joke, yeah I've applied to St Anne's for CS. Glad to see another applicant, I thought I was the only one haha.

They're not too bad tbh, my scores have fluctuated between 68%-85% so far, I'm not sure how that stacks up with others. Definitely enjoy questions 1, 2, 5 and 7 - hate question 6s with a burning passion. You?

ReputationRep:
    Why so few Trinity applicants? I've only found one other.

ReputationRep:
    Any Somerville applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    History and Politics anyone? Which colleges have HPOL people have applied to?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, any LMH applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Medicine what about you?
    Im applying for medicine as well! what college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    what kind of scores in the PAT should engineering applicants be looking for? (we're not shortlisted by the PAT score, i believe, but it's still an important part of the overall application profile).

i did the 2006 and 2007 paper today and got 56 and 54% respectively!!! (the cut off points were 45ish for both papers but still, it's really not the kind of mark i want to be getting). should i be worried? (this is prior to any revision of the content but it doesn't bode well)

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest you do not worry too much about which college you apply to, but submit a so-called "open application". As the open application means you are allocated to one of the under-subscribed colleges for your subject, you by definition may have a slightly higher chance of admission to Oxford or Cambridge.

Although the universities claim that you have equal chances, no matter which college you apply to, de facto the chances of admission are slightly better when you let the university allocate you to a college with less competition.
    What do you guys think about this? Found it here: https://www.quora.com/At-which-Oxfor...atharina-Kunze

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.