Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    though to be fair, austin over aguaro worked well last week (lucky injury..) and nearlly very very well if the absolute **** face had not gotten himself sent off....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Predictably everyone has captained Costa..
    Went with Hazard. Got to the point where I'm literally having to make differential captain picks to make up ground.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    nah... captain pelle all the way

(I can see my place in the league sliding already...)
    Nice. Kinda wish I'd gone for a differential now too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Nice. Kinda wish I'd gone for a differential now too.
    dont I have seen my place drop from 3rd to 13th since I stopped captaining the obvious choice..

Besides, this week its because pelle is my only fit striker, and I did not want to take a hit to bring costa in..

ReputationRep:
    dont I have seen my place drop from 3rd to 13th since I stopped captaining the obvious choice..
    Why on earth would you do that lol?!

ReputationRep:

Besides, this week its because pelle is my only fit striker, and I did not want to take a hit to bring costa in..
    I'm like down at 50. Have a bad start every year then come back over the course of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Why on earth would you do that lol?!
    I am really really stuborn.. - is bassically the only reason.

A while back I thought that I would try to go wihtout costa/aguaro, and hope it paid off.. (clue: It did not...) and now I am to stuborn to go back with it.. honestly, my place will probably drop to below 50th before I am prepared to captain aguaro..

ReputationRep:
    I am really really stuborn.. - is bassically the only reason.

A while back I thought that I would try to go wihtout costa/aguaro, and hope it paid off.. (clue: It did not...) and now I am to stuborn to go back with it.. honestly, my place will probably drop to below 50th before I am prepared to captain aguaro..
    Oh yeah and you also bring in real time emotions into FPL. Like not wanting to captain a player who plays against Arsenal :P

Tbh I do enjoy chasing in FPL rather than having to maintain a lead which is boring. You end up using blocking tactics and having to captain the odds on favourite player. This was the case for me last season where I was 2nd in the TSR league for quite a large part of it, just got a bit boring as couldn't try anything daring.

Reckon I can still get top 10 this season. Don't think I'd be able to beat last season's overall rank however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Oh yeah and you also bring in real time emotions into FPL. Like not wanting to captain a player who plays against Arsenal :P

Tbh I do enjoy chasing in FPL rather than having to maintain a lead which is boring. You end up using blocking tactics and having to captain the odds on favourite player. This was the case for me last season where I was 2nd in the TSR league for quite a large part of it, just got a bit boring as couldn't try anything daring.

Reckon I can still get top 10 this season. Don't think I'd be able to beat last season's overall rank however.
    theres so much room in the 2nd half of the season to make up ground, that I dont think you will have any problem with that...

+ yep, thats me exactly... its not a good way to play the game, but then again its only a game so

ReputationRep:
    Ditched Aguero for Pelle, although I need to catch up I still went with Costa captain as I believe he's due a big GW. Hopefully my other players have a stormer! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Also how come this thread isn't stickied anymore

ReputationRep:
    Even if you need to catch up, don't risk not captaining Costa. No need to take risks this early with the top players.

ReputationRep:
    Why is Azpi not playing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Azpi on the bench. If Felipe Luis started every game he'd be great value at only 5.3m.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undisclosed 15)
    Why is Azpi not playing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because Mourinho realized Chelsea were narrow as **** against Newcastle and Azpilicueta offers 0 width going forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam171014)
    Because Mourinho realized Chelsea were narrow as **** against Newcastle and Azpilicueta offers 0 width going forward.
    Might help if he actually played on the right flank rather than the left (considering he's right footed)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam171014)
    Then play him at RB because he's much better attacking from that side than Ivanovic with his useless crosses.

That's actually pissed me off. Of all the Chelsea defenders I always thought Azpi was the one unlikely to be left out unless injured/suspended.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Where is Dave ffs. Hope Hull score now...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    looking good so far
    really glad i kept downing in and swapped jedinak out
    looks like i brought in hazard for aguero at a good week too

i feel like this makes up for my 8 point hit - luckily i'm against somebody inactive who's captain and vice are both not playing

ReputationRep:
    Dzeko injured in the warm up. I jut put him in. Fml.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.