Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    :eek:

Hello btw
    I know. Got set work to do on Fri/Sat, for a Mon morning deadline! Tiz MONEY though

How are things today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Ah awesome Glad you've got it all sorted then You'll be one of us! :eek: :awesome:

I think I still need to reply to you from a long time ago - sorry :sad:
    Good to hear from you, though sorry you're not feeling great/feel you're getting worse :hugs:
    Installed the Sims last week - thought you'd like to know :gah:

:dance:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't know at all what to suggest to someone who likes hip-hop, because I don't listen to any myself
    Will just list some good artists for you to youtube (or not )
    Doves, Regina Spektor, Moby, Radiohead (The Bends :love:), Travis, Snow Patrol, Joni Mitchell (Blue)
    Also personally been addicted to a piece of techno - Down the Road by C2C :dontknow:

This made me chuckle :lol:

Riku!!!!!! :jumphug:
    :hi:

Moved back into Uni house yesterday, term starts in 2 weeks! Summer been rather uneventful/boring/bleh-ish, but had a good half-week up in the lake district! How about you?

How're you doing?

:woo: That reminds me I need to start looking into swimming/buy a pass/actually go

Looks as though I've missed a couple of scuffles

Hope you're doing okay - sorry that meds are giving nausea side effects, sounds horrible Well done for managing to go to the bar and stuff though!

That sounds horrible - Hope it gets sorted quickly tomorrow - sorry for you and girlfriend too, hope she's feeling better soon :hugs:

:woo:

:hugs:

--------------------------------------

Eventful couple of days

So I may have arrived at my friends house for his party a day early... :lol: Luckily stayed with him fine/his family were fine - shame to have missed the party but oh well.

Moved into Uni house - it's so much nicer than I remembered/from pictures! They've given us all new bedroom furniture, and so with the good storage options and the fact I packed a lot less/more efficiently - have lots of free space/is all really good! (Even though the room's smaller)

saving space/tl;dr

ALSO - the bed's a double :eek: Annoying because I think I'd sort of rather a single - in that I've just had to buy a new double sheet and might end up getting new duvet :dontknow: :unimpressed:
    I suppose it makes it better for lots of people to watch a movie on if we ever do that

Managed to meet cinema people too before they went off (ex-cinema people rather/they've graduated now) which was nice Also spent half of today in the office/have keys again to the cinema/proj rooms! So can hang here whenever which is nice - especially as, importantly:

I have no internet at home, besides some mobile internet - so sorry if I'm (even more) terrible at replying - but can at least reply to peeps in the office when others aren't around But yeah, feels so good to be back - was feeling so happy and good last night, morning was feeling bleh, but oh well.

ummmmmmm - and I think that that's it for now Off back home now I think - have some dinner and unpack the last box!
    Thanks glad you're having a good time being back at uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Asexual Demigod)
    I am a very arrogant individual at times. It is a defence mechanism I employ as a compensatory narcissist to circumvent feelings of worthlessness and powerlessness. I am a pathological narcissist, so arrogance kinda goes with the game.
    We all have our defence mechanisms... but I think the point that insulting those who didn't (for whatever reason) get into/go to Oxbridge isn't the best move in a thread where most people don't go to Oxbridge, is a fair one

God that's a longwinded sentence that doesn't read well :getmecoat: Dunno how to put it more succinctly though, so that'll have to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I know. Got set work to do on Fri/Sat, for a Mon morning deadline! Tiz MONEY though

How are things today?

Aah cool and slightly better than yesterday although not "ideal"

ReputationRep:
    We all have our defence mechanisms... but I think the point that insulting those who didn't (for whatever reason) get into/go to Oxbridge isn't the best move in a thread where most people don't go to Oxbridge, is a fair one

God that's a longwinded sentence that doesn't read well :getmecoat: Dunno how to put it more succinctly though, so that'll have to do
    It's just how I am. A sprinkling of hostility to mask insecurity flavours my otherwise barren personality. I blur the lines between defensiveness and offensiveness unfortunately.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    Aah cool and slightly better than yesterday although not "ideal"
    Well glad things are a bit better than yday, at least :hugs:

It's just how I am. A sprinkling of hostility to mask insecurity flavours my otherwise barren personality.
    We all like to get along in this thread, and we'd love to all get along with you too The effort has to come from both sides though There are other threads for putting down non-Oxbridge students in, but this isn't one of them. Isolating yourself from others by sly digs (whether a defence mechanism or not) isn't the best way to make friends. And we all like to be friends in this thread

ReputationRep:
    Well glad things are a bit better than yday, at least :hugs:

We all like to get along in this thread, and we'd love to all get along with you too The effort has to come from both sides though There are other threads for putting down non-Oxbridge students in, but this isn't one of them. Isolating yourself from others by sly digs (whether a defence mechanism or not) isn't the best way to make friends. And we all like to be friends in this thread
    I don't want to make friends just so others can cause me even more emotional pain. I don't want to be vulnerable and weak again.

I find your tone rather patronising. I am not a child, so please do not speak to me like I am one.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I don't want to make friends just so others can cause me even more emotional pain. I don't want to be vulnerable and weak again.

I find your tone rather patronising. I am not a child, so please do not speak to me like I am one.
    I'm trying to be friendly rather than patronising - apologies if you found it otherwise :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, many members of the population fit certain traits of personality disorders and that is why the DSM specifies that a certain number of traits need to be met (usually 4 or 5), they have to be persistent, develop in early adulthood (as traits manifesting themselves in your adolescence or childhood when your personality is still developing doesn't indicate much) and they have to cause significant impairments in your life e.g. you are unable to work, have to rely on others to support you emotionally and/or financially, etc.

I already mentioned that self-diagnosis isn't particularly valid, so why you felt the need to add that into your reply is beyond me.
    Was just making extra sure/emphasising to be careful about it (mostly to the anon, tbh, except their message hadn't mentioned personality disorders/so figured I'd quote your post too )

I am a very arrogant individual at times. It is a defence mechanism I employ as a compensatory narcissist to circumvent feelings of worthlessness and powerlessness. I am a pathological narcissist, so arrogance kinda goes with the game.
    I think what TLG's said sorta covers what I'd like to say.
    Didn't mean to take offence with you, but rather with that particular post

(Original post by Odd socks)
    Thanks glad you're having a good time being back at uni!
    Glad it went well And also sounds like a good revelation that you're both similar with whatever thing it was? (I think I know what you were referring to, anyway... :getmecoat: ) Thanks Just need to get bus pass and internet sorted tomorrow - and also have some phonecalls to accommodation company (the oven is terrible - can't see what temp it is at/is just generally old/grubby/:yucky:, and gas/electricity company to give readings/sort out bills!
    Think it's mostly just good being busy that helps with mood Super yays for you being happy hope you're having a decent evening :hugs:

Read well to me I think Thanks for the rep (I think it was you :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to be friendly rather than patronising - apologies if you found it otherwise :getmecoat:
    Your speaking to me as though I cannot easily perceive the whole "friendship is magic!!!111" thing you have going on here. I am well aware of what I am faced with. But I just wanted to convey what it is like for a narcissist to live in this world when we are painted as the villain more often than not.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :ninja:

:beard:

:ahee:

Your speaking to me as though I cannot easily perceive the whole "friendship is magic!!!111" thing you have going on here. I am well aware of what I am faced with. But I just wanted to convey what it is like for a narcissist to live in this world when we are painted as the villain more often than not.
    I don't think you're a villain. If I did, I would have just told you to GTFO

ReputationRep:
    Didn't mean to take offence with you, but rather with that particular post/line of thought
    My apologies. I often conflate myself with my work/thoughts. Thus, I take things very badly when criticised. In other words, I'm a piece of work.

ReputationRep:
    He's an Oxford reject. :rolleyes:
    so what if hes an oxford reject?
    does that make him a worse person? nope.
    also im gonna guess that you dont know why, he may have rejected them, you dont know do you. do its completely pointless saying this.

You're absolutely correct. I have borderline personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, depression, Asperger's Syndrome and social phobia. And yes, they were all diagnosed by professionals. I achieved A*A*A* at A Level and study at Cambridge University.
    if im honest i couldn't give a **** if your a Cambridge student or not. it really doesnt impress me at all. people go to uni for different reason, and apply to different unis for different reason.
    i think this elitist *******s should be removed from the university system.
    there is not better uni as each uni specializes in different things.

ReputationRep:

:beard:

:ahee:

I don't think you're a villain. If I did, I would have just told you to GTFO
    See Panda's latest post. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Was just making extra sure/emphasising to be careful about it (mostly to the anon, tbh, except their message hadn't mentioned personality disorders/so figured I'd quote your post too )

I think what TLG's said sorta covers what I'd like to say.
    Didn't mean to take offence with you, but rather with that particular post/line of thought

Glad it went well And also sounds like a good revelation that you're both similar with whatever thing it was? (I think I know what you were referring to, anyway... :getmecoat: ) Thanks Just need to get bus pass and internet sorted tomorrow - and also have some phonecalls to accommodation company (the oven is terrible - can't see what temp it is at/is just generally old/grubby/:yucky:, and gas/electricity company to give readings/sort out bills!
    Think it's mostly just good being busy that helps with mood Super yays for you being happy hope you're having a decent evening :hugs:

Yeah, it's brilliant, means I don't have to worry about certain things being expected of me in a relationship it's worked out so well. Just need to hope that this lasts

Ah phone calls, I have to phone the student loan people tomorrow to make sure everything is fine about me resitting :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That sounds horrible - Hope it gets sorted quickly tomorrow - sorry for you and girlfriend too, hope she's feeling better soon :hugs:
    :/ thanks. Hope you're doing alright too and feeling ready for the new academic year!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    See Panda's latest post. *sigh*
    I can't speak for anyone other than myself :nah: But I *was* trying to convey earlier that certain styles of posting/types of posts will make enemies quickly and hence best avoided... I think we're all getting wires crossed now about what you mean and where it comes from and why you say it

Edit: Insulting Panda IS likely to get you chased out though. Best to make peace, mate!!!

ReputationRep:
    I can't speak for anyone other than myself :nah: But I *was* trying to convey earlier that certain styles of posting/types of posts will make enemies quickly and hence best avoided... I think we're all getting wires crossed now about what you mean and where it comes from and why you say it

Edit: Insulting Panda IS likely to get you chased out though. Best to make peace, mate!!!
    Don't worry. I am used to it being me vs the world. And yes, I hate myself more than anyone else does.

Oh, and I guess I am just strange, but this "I am glad for you(for an example)" always seemed to me like a fake bull****. But I assume I am from the people who cannot empathize to other people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    also im gonna guess that you dont know why, he may have rejected them, you dont know do you. do its completely pointless saying this.
    Nope. I have seen him on the Oxford forum. He definitely got rejected by them and not the other way around.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.